Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanx goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

BESTBUY.COM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics/Video-Games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000

:ps3: $10 off Resistance 3 $50 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY $10 after coupon
:ps3::360: $15 off Mortal Kombat $45 after coupon
:ps3::360::pc: $15 off Lord of the Rings: War in the North $45/$35 after coupon
:ps3::360: $20 off Rocksmith Game or Bundle $60/$180 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Sonic Generations $40 after coupon
:ps3::360::wii: $10 off Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 w/ Gun OR Cabela's Survival Adventures w/ Gun $60/$40 after coupon
$30 off Turtle Beach Modern Warfare 3 Delta Headset $270 after coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Another reason to be "unlocked" as opposed to just buying single mag EXCLUSIVE COUPONS
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307422

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue
October issue
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304619

For Batman AA GOTY store stock issues; PS3 SKU-9927337 X360 SKU-9927328
If your a RZ silver member be sure to utilize the BB personal shopper feature, have them track down a copy for you w/free shipping & then return/rebuy using the coupon.
Personal shopper service online or on the phone at 1-866-923-6190 or [email protected]
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell Yes, come on $60 rocksmith sale, $40 is my insta buy price point. $25 for the cord and $15 for the game :D.

Also might buy batman if i could get it for $15 after coupon. (gotta justify the book buying).

Sonic Generations would have been a good one if everyone hadn't already pre-ordered at TRU/Amazon when it was $35. :\

[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks OP. I hope we see a sale on mortal kombat[/QUOTE]I guess you either missed the $30(after $10 coupon) price @ TRU the 2nd week after release or it was still OOS/hard to find.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hopefully we'll see Resistance 3 hit 29.99, it really didnt sell that well so its not out of the question[/QUOTE]Don't matter to Sony it aint dropping to $40 MSRP faster than Motorstorm Apo. they'll wait till 1st qtr 2012 for that but $30-$35 around BF I can see that.

[quote name='UNC5052']I hope these will stack with Black Friday prices if there are any deals on any of these games.[/QUOTE]usually everything is on sale BF but a $10-$20 won't make most CAG jump like it will a "casual" shopper but $30ish seems bout right.

[quote name='An J0e']Also might buy batman if I could get it for $15 after coupon. (gotta justify the book buying).[/QUOTE]WOW if this was the price you have been WAITING for you could've got it around this time last yr $15 after coupon or $10 sale price(not only @ BB either).

[quote name='Jodou']Sonic Generations would have been a good one if everyone hadn't already pre-ordered at TRU/Amazon when it was $35. :\[/QUOTE]

Might be able to get 2 more new games at $33.33 or $36.66 each. at targets buy 2 get 1

sonic gen is $50 there

add 2 more $50 for $100-------- $33.33 each
or one $50 one $60 for $110---- $36.33 each

:D just incase you had your eye on another game too. Kirby/ Battlefield/ Uncharted ext.

Err... Enuf, the way I worded Cabela makes it sound like it's the gun or survival adventures.

Maybe have it be Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 w/ Gun OR Cabela's Survival Adventures w/ Gun

Oh btw, valid dates: 10/30-11/23

"Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail."

This should be marked as YMMV, as I was not able to convince the employee to do this for me. I purchased the Unlock around 9/25... took two weeks to even show up in the system and have not received a magzine via mail. On one visit to BB I asked if I could get a magazine or use the coupon without buying it and was told no.

WOW if this was the price you have been WAITING for you could've got it around this time last yr $15 after coupon or $10 sale price(not only @ BB either).

I didn't have the money at the time and there were other games that had higher priority for me (I'm not the type who can afford to have a backlog, i get a game beat it and just don't play games till i buy another).

would get it now just so i'm ready for Arkham city after it drops in price.

[quote name='cheapfrag']This should be marked as YMMV, as I was not able to convince the employee to do this for me. I purchased the Unlock around 9/25... took two weeks to even show up in the system and have not received a magzine via mail.[/QUOTE]
FYI, if you want to see what the next mag you'll get is hit up https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1319660741410&lsid=12991525414012552&vid=1

I did the 'forgot password' link and they emailed me my account number. From there you can type in your account number and last name and you can see this:

Current Order Date: Oct 11, 2011
Current Order Value: $14.99
Subscription Term: 10 issues
Start Issue: Nov 1, 2011
Last Issue Mailed: Nov 1, 2011

I signed up for Unlocked on 9/13 so suppose that fits the 4-6 week window for my first mag.

[quote name='musicjunkie']FYI, if you want to see what the next mag you'll get is hit up https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1319660741410&lsid=12991525414012552&vid=1

I did the 'forgot password' link and they emailed me my account number. From there you can type in your account number and last name and you can see this:

I signed up for Unlocked on 9/13 so suppose that fits the 4-6 week window for my first mag.[/QUOTE]

Well that's useful. Also says they mailed me the Nov issue... we'll see though :/

I got screwed last month on Ico, I was moving and my Mag hadn't arrived yet and they refused to let me just use a coupon to grab it for 15 or whatever. Still regret not fighting it harder. I then moved to a town with no Best Buy within an hour drive so It really boned me hardcore.

[quote name='cheapfrag']"Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail."

This should be marked as YMMV, as I was not able to convince the employee to do this for me. I purchased the Unlock around 9/25... took two weeks to even show up in the system and have not received a magzine via mail. On one visit to BB I asked if I could get a magazine or use the coupon without buying it and was told no.[/QUOTE]you should post on the forums page to get the rep to contact the store for you, then they'll make the "exception" coupon, provide a complimentary issue or $5 gc compensation.

[quote name='An J0e']I didn't have the money at the time and there were other games that had higher priority for me (I'm not the type who can afford to have a backlog, i get a game beat it and just don't play games till i buy another).

would get it now just so i'm ready for Arkham city after it drops in price.[/QUOTE]gaming on a budget but no yet corrupted by CAG I understand now

[quote name='musicjunkie']FYI, if you want to see what the next mag you'll get is hit up https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1319660741410&lsid=12991525414012552&vid=1

I signed up for Unlocked on 9/13 so suppose that fits the 4-6 week window for my first mag.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Mine looks just the same.

I signed up for GCU on day 1 and had yet to receive a magazine in the mail. Good to know that mine should be on its way now! I hated having to go to the store and explain that I wanted to use a coupon but had not gotten the magazine yet. I didn't get a lot of resistance, but it was still irritating for me to do.

Meh nothing too good id want to keep. I was hoping they would have something for the Uncharted 1/2 bundle.

Maybe grab R3 and MK when/if they go on sale.

That's a good deal on Rocksmith considering it just came out and I considered getting it at $80 ... but being a CAG, I just couldn't.

[quote name='Enuf']
gaming on a budget but no yet corrupted by CAG I understand now[/QUOTE]

No, my corruption has just manifested itself in constant checking for games price to drop only to decide once they drop that I should hold off for $2 more or free shipping.

Its like it's having the opposite effect it has on everyone else. I'm buying games for cheaper, but buying alot less.

Whoah, my subscription expires Nov 1, 2014. I would just personally like to thank the cashier who didn't know what they were doing when they scanned both my subscription coupon and the subscription several times while checking me out "just to make sure it went through".

hopefully, resistance 3 goes on sale. i've been waiting forever for a good deal on that, especially since they fixed the move/sharpshooter controls.

[quote name='An J0e']No, my corruption has just manifested itself in constant checking for games price to drop only to decide once they drop that I should hold off for $2 more or free shipping.

Its like it's having the opposite effect it has on everyone else. I'm buying games for cheaper, but buying alot less.[/QUOTE]ahh, your a CHEAPER CAG nothing wrong with that. My personal way of shopping is I'll pay full price if giving enough credit with the knowledge that I can still get the discounted price w/i 45 days anyways. So the end result is $40 for a title I want day 1 is good for me, weaker titles may need to see $20-$30 before I bite otherwise I just jump on the credit deal then play n trade fast(using the larger TIV's) which makes the game $10 or less. The I rebuy at my BF price somewhere along the line, p/u several of these during b2g1 or use a coupon deal that allows me to get 10% back in gc form. But hey there really is no "right" way to be a CAG just your way that saves/works for you.

I'd look for a $10 BF price for Batman AA though or a Batman AA & AC deal.

Hey, publikDefender
do u already own the move? I believe there was a $135ish price match avail. for the Doomsday bundle that would've fit in with the 5 for $100 deal so $25 credit + the -$15 MSRP was the best deal going at the time.
edit:the 50% off move items was/is better I gotta hit BB up this week & get another move controller/nav/Sharpshooter to add w/BF3 & use my free $10 instant gc coupon on top of it. $120 + tax for all of it & $20 credit for BF3 & the $10 for the coupon hella deal

[quote name='cheapfrag']"Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail."

This should be marked as YMMV, as I was not able to convince the employee to do this for me. I purchased the Unlock around 9/25... took two weeks to even show up in the system and have not received a magzine via mail. On one visit to BB I asked if I could get a magazine or use the coupon without buying it and was told no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, the store I tried it at said it would be stealing to let me do it and two different calls to BB and a post on their board did nothing to either get me a mag or get me the usage of the coupon. It's very YMMV.

[quote name='DerClaw']Yeah, I mean, the store I tried it at said it would be stealing to let me do it and two different calls to BB and a post on their board did nothing to either get me a mag or get me the usage of the coupon. It's very YMMV.[/QUOTE]who assisted on the forums page Mike?

[quote name='Enuf']
usually everything is on sale BF but a $10-$20 won't make most CAG jump like it will a "casual" shopper but $30ish seems bout right.
[/QUOTE]

Since the coupons only good until 11/23 - Black Friday won't come into play with this new set anyway.

[quote name='UNC5052']I hope these will stack with Black Friday prices if there are any deals on any of these games.[/QUOTE]

They wont stack with BF prices. The coupons expire on 11/23, the Wednesday BEFORE thanksgiving.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Since the coupons only good until 11/23 - Black Friday won't come into play with this new set anyway.[/QUOTE]yeah didn't find this out till after I posted. But that could bode well for December's coupons as long as there on time otherwise I'll be buying a mag in-store

Bb in recent history had a sale on the games that are in this magazine. So let's say MK is going on sale for 40, then I can just the voucher and get the game for 25 bucks.

But then again, with recent history of Publishers releasing 'game of the yr', 'complete edition' 'ultimate edition' about 8-12 months after the release with all the dlc included, may better off holding off for just a little while longer.

LA Noire gets a complete edition in a mere 5 months after the release, and capcom's MVSC3 get the ultimate ediition in 8 months. I feel like almost every game good enough to milk the cow for second time gets a retail release.

[quote name='heyheyhey11'] . I feel like almost every game good enough to milk the cow for second time gets a retail release.[/QUOTE]

and those that aren't good enough try to get milked also. Yeah I'm looking at you Mr. 2 worlds 2.

I could wait for a Sonic generations sale to stack with the coupon as i really want that game. I already have resistance 3 so ita Sonic or nothing for me this month with the @ gamer coupons. As for people saying that resistance 3 sold badly while it hasnt done that well in the us so far we dont know the ww numbers right now. This game will hit 2 million in a few months like the other 2. There is just so many great games this fall that Many people wont be able to buy them all

[quote name='Enuf']yeah didn't find this out till after I posted. But that could bode well for December's coupons as long as there on time otherwise I'll be buying a mag in-store[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they're just gonna start Dec's coupons in December, and there'll be a week to week+half in November with no coupons active. Doesn't make sense for them to stack for BF, and the stores don't usually get the mags in until the 26th/27th.

They expire before black friday :( there must be sales for these games in this months mag on black friday for them to do this. Hopefully Sonic goes on sale right away like the ico/gow collections did

[quote name='buckythekat']really hope they have Resistance 3 on sale at some point[/QUOTE]

I'll bite with the coupon if it hits $39.99 this month

:applause:

Nice man, finally a way I can see where I stand with this Gamer mag thing. Good job, I would never have figured to do that "forgot password" move.

I'm going to rent Sonic. Already platinum'd Resistance 3 as a rental. Online was laggy as all can be at the time I played it. Did they patch it?

bread's done
Back