Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary pre-order $29.99 at Newegg!

If I lived outside California, I would've jumped on the Newegg deal since I wouldn't have to pay tax and the Newegg deal is a straight-up discount rather than getting back store credit. But since I do live in Cali, I preordered at Amazon.

Newegg is a great place to shop otherwise and it's where I tend to get my PC parts.

My bro lives in New York now for school, and all of a sudden, it's better to buy from Newegg than Amazon because of the tax situation there.

[quote name='dirtyvu']If I lived outside California, I would've jumped on the Newegg deal since I wouldn't have to pay tax and the Newegg deal is a straight-up discount rather than getting back store credit. But since I do live in Cali, I preordered at Amazon.

Newegg is a great place to shop otherwise and it's where I tend to get my PC parts.

My bro lives in New York now for school, and all of a sudden, it's better to buy from Newegg than Amazon because of the tax situation there.[/QUOTE]

Yup it is... Damn taxes lol

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']Amazon already has $10 preorder credit for this. Can't see them matching Newegg either; since Newegg's deal is $10 off with no credit, it is effectively the same as Amazon selling for full price with $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

$10 off is better than $10 credit in my eyes.

$10 off = 10/40 or 25% off.

$10 credit = 10/50 or 20% off. Plus you have to pay $40 upfront instead of just $30 upfront.

However I do like Amazon better but wish they would do money off instead of these every growing popular Gaming Credits everyone is doing now.

Although for a remake of an old game like this I won't give more than $15 for it.

Does newegg charge taxes in Texas? & What carrier do they use when you choose free shipping, fed ex/ups or usps(united states postal service)?

[quote name='dapunisure']Does newegg charge taxes in Texas? & What carrier do they use when you choose free shipping, fed ex/ups or usps(united states postal service)?[/QUOTE]

you could place an order at newegg, fill in all the blanks then click cancel. you'd know if there was tax or not.

[quote name='dapunisure']Does newegg charge taxes in Texas? & What carrier do they use when you choose free shipping, fed ex/ups or usps(united states postal service)?[/QUOTE]

No tax. And typically UPS.

Oh ok, well looks like I will bite. This is my first newegg purchase since the halo 3 legendary edition 2+ years ago & I never played the original halo, thanx for the info guys.

I'm torn on this. Just got back into Reach, by the time I get bored of it this will probably be at the $20 price point.. MW3 is coming out too.. But $30 is a good price. Got an xbox and halo 1 when it first came out and it's one of my favorite games, so maybe I'll bite.

[quote name='Donken']$10 off is better than $10 credit in my eyes.
[/QUOTE]
Well yeah. Saving money upfront is obviously better. What I'm saying is there's not a chance that Amazon going to offer credit and match Newegg's price.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you get the game from Amazon on the release day and you don't with Newegg? That's what the word on SD is.

bread's done
Back