Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (360) - $19.52 Amazon

This is actually my favorite Civ game. You can actually play a game of civ in a reasonable amount of time.

It's been 3 years and this really needs a sequel.

I still play this all the time and venture into unhealthy levels of obsession in Game of the Week.

This game is awesome. I paid $40 and it was worth every penny. Played this to death with my friends.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']This game is refusing to drop. $10 please![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold your breath... been just under $30 for the longest time and just dropped to $20 a few weeks ago. I picked up a copy since I've been watching it every day for almost a year now and this is the most its moved.

For those that got the clearanced copies at the B&Ms, that's awesome. For the rest of us... this is what we have to deal with.

I too have been watching the price of this game because i do want it (on the 360). I see all those clearance threads, on this site and where I live there must be an abundance of vultures or those who flip great prices online, because within 30 miles of my location B&M stores never have true clearance prices on quality games (unless you count instrumentless Guitar Hero Van Halen/Aerosmith or Power Gig as quality). So I have always been out of luck to ever get Civ Rev at a price I want, even given its age. While this is great news ans tempts me, I continue to hold out for a sub-$15 price ... Dunno if it would ever hit that.

Grabbed a used copy from FYE for $12 a month or so ago for PS3. Funny thing is it still had a $19.99 Gamestop preowned sticker on it, don't know why FYE was selling it for so much cheaper.

I love Civ 4 and Civ V, and this stands right alongside both of those games. Lacks much of the unnecessary complexity of Civ 4, but features well-realized scaled-up aesthetics over both that are optimized for a TV screen. It's awesome. As mentioned, you CAN play a Civ game in a reasonable amount of time, but you can also get one going that'll last days. Depends on the settings you want.

Get a friend to play it and play it like chess off-and-on whenever you guys have time. That's how I love to play this game.

[quote name='Lucian']I love this game, too. There were rumors of a sequel a while back; I hope it happens.[/QUOTE]

I whole heartily agree. This is my favorite console game of this generation.

[quote name='Survivalism']I love it when Ghandi threatens to attack your settlement if you don't give him half your gold.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. When my brother plays and every time when he gets the nuke he asks me, "Who should I nuke?" My reply everytime even when he's not in the game is Ghandi. Why? Principle.. it's Ghandi :lol:

I'm really debating on whether to pick up a copy for my PS3 so I can play it on both systems. If there was ever a game where thats worth doing that for me, it's this one.

[quote name='solidus_00']I whole heartily agree. This is my favorite console game of this generation.

Ditto. When my brother plays and every time when he gets the nuke he asks me, "Who should I nuke?" My reply everytime even when he's not in the game is Ghandi. Why? Principle.. it's Ghandi :lol:

I'm really debating on whether to pick up a copy for my PS3 so I can play it on both systems. If there was ever a game where thats worth doing that for me, it's this one.[/QUOTE]

On the flip side, I always feel bad about nuking the Japanese.

bread's done
Back