(Sold out again) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II CE (PS3) - $14.50 at BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's edition for the PS3 for just $14.50. I think that's the lowest I've seen it go for new.

LINK

Go through this link for Free Shipping: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/En...ng/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000

41ct4yeUa3L.jpg

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II for PS3
  • Premium collectible steelbook
  • Exclusive in-game content
    • Three exclusive challenge mode levels
    • Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept "Deak Starkiller" skin
    • Exclusive lightsaber crystal
  • Exclusive Mimobot USB designer drive preloaded with bonus content
    • Starkiller 2GB flash drive designed by Mimobot
    • Digital art book, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, was tempted by the Newegg deal, but i resisted. Let this one slip through my fingers, i could not.

Thanks, OP.

Game is really short and isn't worth more than a rental IMO. If you're really into collecting though, $15 is a great price for any CE.

all my stores changed from available today to ship to store 7 to 10 days. i guess it is not meant for me to buy it. thanks though op

Link in the OP for the game itself is dead, but just use the free shipping link provided there too & then just look for the game normally (sort by lowest cost first).

Should also add that I saw a LOT of people mentioning that the included DLC supposedly expires today (the 31st), but it could just be hearsay.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Link in the OP for the game itself is dead, but just use the free shipping link provided there too & then just look for the game normally (sort by lowest cost first).

Should also add that I saw a LOT of people mentioning that the included DLC supposedly expires today (the 31st), but it could just be hearsay.[/QUOTE]

The usual bb.com crap: looks like available to ship to some stores, but when you click the button it changes to Unavailable.

Is there a reason one couldn't/shouldn't have the game shipped to them? The game is sitting in my cart, available to be shipped...just need to checkout.

Is BB.com known to ship out mangled CE boxes or something?

[quote name='gantt']The usual bb.com crap: looks like available to ship to some stores, but when you click the button it changes to Unavailable.[/QUOTE]

Same shit that's happening to me. I still have a sealed 360 version I bought shortly after the game was released. I guess I better open it and redeem the DLC if it expires today like everyone says.

As far as DLC codes go, they often don't expire when they're supposed to. I got Red Faction : Armageddon from Gamefly and the DLC code that was supposed to have expired a few months ago still worked.

Opened this tonight and tried the code and said it was invalid or expired or whatever it says. (ps3 btw)
Also, on the fine print it says "(prior to 10/31/11, subject to availability)" So sounds like if you didn't use it yesterday (the 30th) you're screwed. It's just a skin I believe, so not too much missed.

Another reason in-pack DLC should NOT have an expiration. Great deal though.

[quote name='greenday0066']Opened this tonight and tried the code and said it was invalid or expired or whatever it says. (ps3 btw)
Also, on the fine print it says "(prior to 10/31/11, subject to availability)" So sounds like if you didn't use it yesterday (the 30th) you're screwed. It's just a skin I believe, so not too much missed.

Another reason in-pack DLC should NOT have an expiration. Great deal though.[/QUOTE]

That's right the Ps3 code has expired.
You only missed:

[quote name='FerDK']That's right the Ps3 code has expired.
You only missed:

[/QUOTE]

You're losing out on the better half of why you're getting the CE version imho. The 2gb flash drive is laughable and the tin case itself is meh and it just doesn't flow well in my PS3 library shelf since it's a "fatty case" with the sleeve on, like seeing a GH red case in your uniform line of regular clear PS3 cases. Otherwise, the game disk itself is EXACTLY the same as the regular version (bought regular during gamefly sale and couldn't pass up the CE for $20 from newegg).

No Best Buys near me have it available at all :( nice find too. Wish I coulda snagged 1 to go with my collector's edition strategy guides i have for this game haha

[quote name='cheeky']not available in store not available for shipping. thats just great.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm not meant to have certain things. I'd go searching for it, but I don't want to be pissed with disappointment.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Doesn't the DLC code(s) expire soon? IIRC someone said something about that in the Newegg thread? Only poked around in it briefly.[/QUOTE]

someone looked at the dlc sheet, and said it didn't have an expiration date on it at all.

so you should be safe.

My local store has at least 2 copies of both the PS3 and 360 versions of this on the shelf. Was this an online only deal or will it ring up $14.50 in store?

[quote name='FerDK']That's right the Ps3 code has expired.
You only missed:

[/QUOTE]
The CE pack download size is around 200+ MB (think it's 213MB).

Glad people were able to get in on this!

Also: lol at whoever keeps 1-starring threads I make. Haters gonna hate, that's all they know how to do.

There are a ton of codes ( character skins and crystals) you can input that do Not effect trophies. Check gamefaqs

For those interested in the 360 version, the DLC is still available. I just downloaded it. So as mentioned previously, it' s only the PS3 version that's expired.

Can someone tell me what's on the flash drive?
I've had this set for a while and opened it up last night just to use the USB drive as a 360 backup to take my profile to friends house. I didn't realize there was content on there. :/

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']Can someone tell me what's on the flash drive?
I've had this set for a while and opened it up last night just to use the USB drive as a 360 backup to take my profile to friends house. I didn't realize there was content on there. :/[/QUOTE]

It comes with a digital art book, 5 Desktop themes/wallpapers, and the full script for the game.

Wow. All the stores in my area had it available for pickup last night and now they all say ship to store. My order is unavailable for pickup as well despite having been confirmed as available last night. I had ordered right after ssjmichael had posted about it.

Guess I'm never going to get this CE. If the DLC is expired I have no reason to pick it up if/when it arrives. Very mad right now...

i just called a local store said they had 137 in the warehouse but zero instore...what ever i'm gettin in on this!

bread's done
Back