Free Telltale Jurassic Park: The Game with PS+ 1 year subscription

Tempting to extend my sub out another year. I'm already set till 2013 though so I think I'll pass on it. Really good deal though. If I can find a deal on the sub card for $40 again this week I'll probably get in on this anyway. Unless it's only available if you buy through PSN.

This works no matter where you buy the PS+ 1 year as long as you renew it during the week mentioned.

Also trunks982, this game you keep after your PS+ subscription ends.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']This works no matter where you buy the PS+ 1 year as long as you renew it during the week mentioned.

Also trunks982, this game you keep after your PS+ subscription ends.[/QUOTE]

i thought about getting PS+ when they were giving out the free Resident Evil games and Plants VS Zombie.

[quote name='trunks982']the thing i dont like about PS+ is when your subscription is expired the free games wont work.[/QUOTE]

That is generally true but not in this case. See the OP's link; the PS staff member states that this game is yours even when your + runs out.

Well, my sub was running out in December anyway, so I'm probably going to have to bite on this even though it will put the hurt on my wallet!

well hot damn Sony. I wasn't going to renew right away as frankly I can't handle all the free games they've given out (yes you read that right, too many games!) but I was going to buy JP so this seems like a no-brainer

[quote name='rollntider']I just renewed Saturday.... thanks Sony not extending it[/QUOTE]

I definitely understand that - there's a ton of people on the blog mentioning the same thing. They are however offering a discount for existing members off of the game, although they won't say what the discount is until later today. I'm renewed until sometime in 2013 so I probably won't be taking advantage of this.

If I already have $40 on my psn account, can I just buy a $10 or $20 psn card from kmart and pay $49.99 for the ps+ membership through the playstation store?

If so, this would make an awesome filler item at kmart so I can buy uncharted 3 + metal gear collection + psn card to bring my total to over $110 and thus qualify for their $50 gift certificate.

[quote name='PublikDefender']If I already have $40 on my psn account, can I just buy a $10 or $20 psn card from kmart and pay $49.99 for the ps+ membership through the playstation store?

If so, this would make an awesome filler item at kmart so I can buy uncharted 3 + metal gear collection + psn card to bring my total to over $110 and thus qualify for their $50 gift certificate.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can

[quote name='PublikDefender']If I already have $40 on my psn account, can I just buy a $10 or $20 psn card from kmart and pay $49.99 for the ps+ membership through the playstation store?

If so, this would make an awesome filler item at kmart so I can buy uncharted 3 + metal gear collection + psn card to bring my total to over $110 and thus qualify for their $50 gift certificate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes you can[/QUOTE]

But you still wont qualify for the Kmart coupon since all $110 must be spent on gaming SOFTWARE (i.e. games). Points/sub cards are *not* included.

This deal is very tempting, and I'll probably go through with it (been meaning to get PS+ anyway). Quick question though. I have the 360 version of Jurassic Park pre-ordered on Amazon for $40. Is the downloadable PS3 version only going to be $30, or could that be a typo?

[quote name='Rav']This deal is very tempting, and I'll probably go through with it (been meaning to get PS+ anyway). Quick question though. I have the 360 version of Jurassic Park pre-ordered on Amazon for $40. Is the downloadable PS3 version only going to be $30, or could that be a typo?[/QUOTE]

It's possible that it could be a typo, I mean they've screwed up their blog in the past so it definitely could happen. I doubt it's a typo though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think it is supposed to be $39.99. $30 could be the PS+ price since they mentioned a discount.[/QUOTE]

That's possible, but you would think they'd say it's a $39.99 value to make it look like you're getting a better deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, if it were $40 the PS+ price would be about $32 so that explanation doesn't seem likely. The PS+ discount is 20% off.

[quote name='Todd33']How do you tell how much time is left on your current sub?[/QUOTE]

Find a PS+ item you recently downloaded. Press triangle on it, click information, and it should tell you the expiration date at the bottom.

[quote name='Todd33']How do you tell how much time is left on your current sub?[/QUOTE]

Account Management>Transactions>Services>PS Plus.

Alternatively some (but not all) of the free games will show the expiration when you highlight them with the triangle button. Do note that some of the expiration dates are off as Sony extended everyone's membership by like 3 months because of the PSN hack.

@sunghost, @ssjmichael - Yeah I'm still not sure what the actual price is. $30 could be the price with a PS+ discount, but I'd wonder why they didn't mention it, or at least list the base price along with it (if it's truly $40). If it's $30 on release, I'm definitely going this route. Provided I pass on this PS+ offer :)

EDIT: Just now seeing your edit sunghost. If the PS+ discount doesn't add up, this must be the base price ($30). Unless it's a typo...I'll look into it.

[quote name='Rav']@sunghost, @ssjmichael - Yeah I'm still not sure what the actual price is. $30 could be the price with a PS+ discount, but I'd wonder why they didn't mention it, or at least list the base price along with it (if it's truly $40). If it's $30 on release, I'm definitely going this route. Provided I pass on this PS+ offer :)[/QUOTE]

If $30 is the Plus price then it's likely an error on Sony's part. I made a comment about it on the blog so I'll see if they respond

I love Telltale's games, and their take on Jurassic Park looks great so far (less Sam and Max, more Heavy Rain with dinosaurs?) and I was planning on renewing anyway, so I'm def. in. Thanks for the heads up OP!

I was actually on the fence and didn't pick up a PS+ sub until it was on sale a few months ago (right after the free period expired), but in the short time I've had it it's definitely been worth it between the free games and added discounts :D

Awww man I wasn't going to renew, but now I have to. JP is my favorite movie ever and must play that game, so another year is a no brainer.

For everyone asking, the $29.99 is the regular PS3 price. So with the discount for existing PS+ members it would be $29.99 - 20% = $24.

I don't need to renew again, so I'll just pick the game up for the $24.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']For everyone asking, the $29.99 is the regular PS3 price. So with the discount for existing PS+ members it would be $29.99 - 20% = $24.[/QUOTE]

Huh, interesting. I'm surprised the 360 version would be $10 more, even if it is a retail release. Thanks for the info! ;)

[quote name='hostyl1']But you still wont qualify for the Kmart coupon since all $110 must be spent on gaming SOFTWARE (i.e. games). Points/sub cards are *not* included.[/QUOTE]
well that's unfortunate. thanks for the info, though.

I don't find this all that tempting as the game itself will probably not be worth $30. I like TellTale's work, but c'mon.

Well, hell, I need to re-up anyway by early December (as I imagine most people who got in at the beginning do - July 2010 start + 15 months + extension for PSN being down means December 2011...). So I might as well do this vs. getting nothing for it.

[quote name='io']Well, hell, I need to re-up anyway by early December (as I imagine most people who got in at the beginning do - July 2010 start + 15 months + extension for PSN being down means December 2011...). So I might as well do this vs. getting nothing for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I imagine the earliest anyone has to renew by is in December unless some here are using 3 month cards or something.

bread's done
Back