- - - - -

The Official CAG November 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Friday Blackness" Edition

#31 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Oh man....it's bad. Really bad.

Believe me, I know the feeling. My gaming backlog is up to about 500 games right now (out of nearly 800). I'm not sure about movies, but I've got around 700 and I've probably only seen two-thirds of them. Many of them are just copies, though, so at least I didn't spend a ton of money on them.

#32 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1280 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=25710
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=25711

#34 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Spoiler

What's with the shiny medal/hubcap things?

Spoiler

That looks pretty snazzy. I'd be tempted to get one myself if I didn't hate the game. Heh.

#35 thecoryjihad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

thecoryjihad

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

damn man, thats a great collection. how long have you been building it up for?

Thank you. I'm pretty proud of that(as pathetic as that may be). I've been collecting heavily for the last year or so. When I joined this site last October, I had around 30 games, but since joining, I've gotten insane with the collecting. I've been trading one collecting habit(comic books) for another(games). I was dabbling in retro gaming for a while, but thankfully I got out of that before it broke the bank. I did just start a new job that'll be paying more when I get myself better acclimated, so maybe I'll jump back into retro collecting too.

Went to Target again tonight(mistake). Bought my oldest boy his first Lego set and a bunch of others that were on sale for Christmas presents.

Got the following on Blu-Ray, all for $5 a piece.
Crank
3:10 to Yuma
The Doors
Cabin Fever
Hostage
Bad Santa

This is going to be a looooooong month.

#36 DOMINATOR912   RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

DOMINATOR912

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

Thank you. I'm pretty proud of that(as pathetic as that may be). I've been collecting heavily for the last year or so. When I joined this site last October, I had around 30 games, but since joining, I've gotten insane with the collecting. I've been trading one collecting habit(comic books) for another(games). I was dabbling in retro gaming for a while, but thankfully I got out of that before it broke the bank. I did just start a new job that'll be paying more when I get myself better acclimated, so maybe I'll jump back into retro collecting too.

Went to Target again tonight(mistake). Bought my oldest boy his first Lego set and a bunch of others that were on sale for Christmas presents.

Got the following on Blu-Ray, all for $5 a piece.
Crank
3:10 to Yuma
The Doors
Cabin Fever
Hostage
Bad Santa

This is going to be a looooooong month.

I just hope the collecting doesn't get out of hand. I have a friend who basically goes out and buys every collectors edition thats released, but he plays the game itself for maybe 2 or 3 days then shelves it forever. Basically, if you buy a game (especially something like a $100+ CE), play it. Otherwise you're just buying veeeeeery expensive paper weights.

Also, he posts pictures of all of them on Facebook. When you're 30 and posting pictures of all the video games you buy for your friends and family to see, it doesn't make you look all that smart.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

I hope you're a huge marvel comics fan. I hear Spider Man and Xmen Destiny are how to say.. not great.

If you enjoy them though, that's awesome! Just been hearing bad things.

#38 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1280 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

What's with the shiny medal/hubcap things?

New chrome center caps for my Caddy, the old ones were getting pretty dull, and I lost one of them.

Posted Image

#39 fwbweux   registered user CAGiversary!   3110 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

I don't keep up with blu releases that closely so I'm excited to see that Home Alone is out on blu now :hot: When it comes to movies from my childhood that I'm nostalgic about, that pretty much tops the list. Does it only contain 1 and 2 or does it also include the ones that we all like to pretend don't exist?

#40 thecoryjihad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

thecoryjihad

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

I just hope the collecting doesn't get out of hand. I have a friend who basically goes out and buys every collectors edition thats released, but he plays the game itself for maybe 2 or 3 days then shelves it forever. Basically, if you buy a game (especially something like a $100+ CE), play it. Otherwise you're just buying veeeeeery expensive paper weights.

Also, he posts pictures of all of them on Facebook. When you're 30 and posting pictures of all the video games you buy for your friends and family to see, it doesn't make you look all that smart.

A couple of things.....

I'll NEVER post my collection or pickups on Facebook. That's what I have this site for. My family and friends know I'm a geek, but that's where it needs to stay.

Secondly, I do buy a lot of games, but it's what I enjoy collecting. I've got a great job, very minimal monthly overhead and a very happy and well taken care of family. I don't drink, I don't smoke, nor do I use drugs, so collecting is my vice. I just enjoy it. Besides, if it all comes down to it, I always collect things that I can resell. I won't always make my money back, but I'll make damn sure I put some cash in my pocket.

#41 thecoryjihad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

thecoryjihad

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

I hope you're a huge marvel comics fan. I hear Spider Man and Xmen Destiny are how to say.. not great.

If you enjoy them though, that's awesome! Just been hearing bad things.

I am a big Marvel fan. X-Men have always been my favorite comic run and I buy every game I can that incorporates them(even the horrendous movie tie ins), as well as every other comic game I can. I do find some diamonds in the rough, such as Captain America Super Soldier, but the majority are utter shit. But I like having them for completion's sake. It's just a matter of time before I break my collection down into genres for organization. I did it with my movies before I moved on to Blu-Ray and the game collection is almost big enough to get there.

#42 DOMINATOR912   RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

DOMINATOR912

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

I didn't mean to sound preachy, was just hoping you were getting around to playing everything you're picking up. I guess I was just sorta annoyed at the whole FB thing. My friend doesn't have that great a job and is planning on getting married soon. I was just in shock to see him flushing money down the toilet when he needs to save it for more important things. When he posted a pic of the $130 LOTR War in the North CE he had just picked up (after seeing his pics of nearly every CE released in the last 6 months), I just sort of raged at his irresponsibility.

#43 thecoryjihad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

thecoryjihad

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

You didn't sound preachy. I didn't mean to sound so defensive. I guess intonation is a little hard via message boards. We're all here for the same reason, the love of video games. How we choose to express that, well, to each his own I suppose.

#44 infiniteHorizon   hrzn CAGiversary!   3859 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

infiniteHorizon

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

while the x-men game is supposedly terrible... he also bought Final Destination, that movie was horrible. I don't know if the 3d maybe makes it better (didn't watch it in 3d), but i paid $1 for it during a blockbuster sale and felt ripped off. possibly one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

#45 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

New chrome center caps for my Caddy, the old ones were getting pretty dull, and I lost one of them.

Ah, so they actually are hubcaps then. I'm kinda surprised that I was right 'cause they sorta just look like giant silver wheat pennies to me and I was just taking a guess. I thought they were going to be game-related somehow. Ha ha.

Awesome slippers, by the way. I love my slippers and I already have more than I need, but if I ever need a new pair, I just might look into the ones you have there.

#46 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=7829&pictureid=25681

I like my little Roku 2. It fits in the palm of my hands.

Do you like it? I watch a lot of Crunchyroll, but my PS3 won't do the streaming as well from the web browser, and don't really like watching on my 24" PC monitor.

I almost went with the Otomedius Excellent LE, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Posted Image
What do I win? :)

I already got it on October 27th thanks to Uncharted event. :D

Some of my pick-ups:
Posted Image
Sonic Generations and House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut

Posted Image
God of War poster framed

Posted Image
Fate Extra, Otomedius Excellent, and K-ON! wallet.

#47 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Do you like it? I watch a lot of Crunchyroll, but my PS3 won't do the streaming as well from the web browser, and don't really like watching on my 24" PC monitor.

I do. The Roku 2 works really well and it's surprisingly fast. I thought I was going to be annoyed with it always being on (there's no power off button), but it uses very little power and there's no start-up time at all. My Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 all do some streaming, but the Roku just does a better job.

I've never tried the Crunchyroll app, but I haven't had any problems with any of the other apps. Edit: I just tried it, Crunchyroll works fine.

Edited by KillerRamen, 05 November 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#48 adriley313   Banned Banned   7622 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

where is this crunchyroll app i hear TMK always talking about?

#49 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

I do. The Roku 2 works really well and it's surprisingly fast. I thought I was going to be annoyed with it always being on (there's no power off button), but it uses very little power and there's no start-up time at all. My Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 all do some streaming, but the Roku just does a better job.

I've never tried the Crunchyroll app, but I haven't had any problems with any of the other apps. Edit: I just tried it, Crunchyroll works fine.

Thanks a lot, looks like I'm buying either the XD or XS (what pushes me towards XS is the wired connection, although I can do either WiFi/wired). While Crunchyroll would be the main reason I'd get it, I am an Amazon Prime member so that's another option, plus there are other channels I'll like.

#50 anime5ever   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

anime5ever

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

curse this month

Posted Image

#51 adriley313   Banned Banned   7622 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

^what are those boxes

#52 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2495 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

^what are those boxes

manga boxsets

#53 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Phew, I almost shit a brick when I saw that Pokémon one...I thought I somehow missed some kind of badass boxed set.

#54 thecoryjihad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

thecoryjihad

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

Went to Target last night again for the last day of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.

For the wife I picked up
:ds:
New Super Mario Brothers
Spongebob Truth or Square(Christmas present)

For the boys I picked up
:360:
Sesame Street Once Upon A Monster(Christmas present)

And for myself I picked up
:360:
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record

I should be done until I pick up my preorders this week. Damn November.....

#55 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Nothing too exciting over the weekend, but should be getting a good amount of stuff this week!

Posted Image
Metroid from AWD for $13. Not the greatest condition, but I really can't complain for the price.

#56 adriley313   Banned Banned   7622 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

just got this beauty today

Posted Image

#57 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7495 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image
Otomedius from GS, OF:Red River from GF, SMT from Amazon

Posted Image
Wonder which one I am going to play.... ;)

#58 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3417 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image
Wonder which one I am going to play.... ;)

Have you opened up the MGS Collection? If so, how is the art book? Is it worth the premium price?

#59 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

Moar stuff just arrived. :3

Posted Image
Posted Image