The Official CAG November 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Friday Blackness" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
black_friday_trample_lg.jpg

If you haven't trampled an old lady or a small child on black Friday, then you're not doing it right.

------------------------------------------

Show us what you got this month!

------------------------------------------

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011

Forgot to post my October stuff, so...

Couple of pick ups. One major, one minor. Minor first. Got the Duke Nukem Forever collector's edition guide from an ebay seller for $10 shipped. Not bad!

364875e1.jpg

And the big one. Gift from my sister! I realize there are some white specs in the pictures. I'm not sure if these are actually on the shoes or just from my camera because they don't show up in person (and I looked pretty close after noticing them on the pictures).This is a pair of Adidas Gil II Zero Halo sneakers, which is a Gilbert Arenas shoe. Only 100 pairs of these shoes were ever made. The pair is a size 10 (my size), and I did try them on once. But I dont know if i'll ever wear these, i don't want to ruin them. Right now I have them stored in the shoebox. The shoe box is signed by Gilbert Arenas as well. The shoes are extremely detailed, featuring the Halo 3 logo, as well as many of the game's weapons.

20c21afd.jpg

57c006e8.jpg

a55457ef.jpg

01c42684.jpg

2391fe4b.jpg

2aaa68d0.jpg

475a8563.jpg

3eb80ac6.jpg

5d7a7494.jpg

fe8dc24f.jpg

I was going to post these last night, but the thread had already been closed...

Movies:
201110pickups.jpg

Those DVD's were at the 99 Cents Only store, so I thought I'd check them out. Felicia Day's in one of 'em.

Vidya games:
201110pickups2.jpg

201110pickups3.jpg

201110pickups8.jpg

Fallout 3 is the worst in the main series and I already own it for Xbox 360, but I always wanted the lunchbox. And now I can finally try out some of the mods that are supposed to actually make the game good. Also, I paid about $20 for Yakuza, NOT the price on the sticker. Not pictured: Domino Rally (Wii) and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS). Forgot to include them.

Books:
201110pickups4.jpg

Redwall audiobooks and Ralph S. Mouse from Salvation Army.

Board games:
201110pickups5.jpg

Also from Salvation Army. We also bought a brand new copy of Sorry!, but I didn't take a picture of it. Use your imagination.

Toys:
201110pickups6.jpg

201110pickups7.jpg

Toys always show up blurry on my camera. Stupid thing can't focus on them. Anyway, the Rex Vinylmation was free with DMR points. Target had tons of Whirlwind, so I picked up a couple. I might end up trading one for Drill Sergeant or another exclusive if I have to.

[quote name='AugustAPC']*looks at thread title*

*looks at picture*

Racist.[/QUOTE]

I guess it compounds itself even more when the old lady getting trampled is white.

Adidas made a metric ass ton of variations of those Gil shoes. I guess Adidas knew to strike while the iron was hot since Arenas has since been a bum the past couple of seasons.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to CAG's pick ups this month!

[quote name='knightsdwn']Adidas made a metric ass ton of variations of those Gil shoes. I guess Adidas knew to strike while the iron was hot since Arenas has since been a bum the past couple of seasons.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to CAG's pick ups this month![/QUOTE]

I didn't say they made 100 pairs in general. They made 100 pairs of this style.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I didn't say they made 100 pairs in general. They made 100 pairs of this style.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to elaborate. I meant Adidas made a huge collection (roughly 10+) of Gil II Zero shoes with some being general release while others being rare like your Halo edition. There are actually kids only versions with Tweety bird and Bugs Bunny designs which showed how Adidas really went all out on trying to sell the shoes to every demographic.

I've been reading up more on the Roku. I pay $60 a month for cable, and other than random channel surfing on the weekend, all I usually only use it to watch Adult Swim before I go to sleep. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime (so free Video Streaming) so it really makes no sense to keep cable anymore.

IMG_0120.jpg

Apache: Air Assault - $10
Driver San Francisco - $30 (after my $30 gift card it was basically free though)
EA MMA - $8
F3AR - $15
Shift 2: Unleashed - $10
You Don't Know Jack - $10
3:10 to Yuma Blu Ray - $7
Punisher: War Zone Blu Ray - $7
Rock Band: Unplugged - $6

[quote name='ZombieToast']Where'd you get that? I haven't seen it drop below $25 yet.[/QUOTE]
It was one of the Gamefly daily deals. With any luck I'm sure they'll do another sale eventually with some highlights of pass deals brought back if you missed it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Where'd you get that? I haven't seen it drop below $25 yet.[/QUOTE]

I also believe that Target is clearancing them out right now. Might wanna check that out.

[quote name='Bezerker']I've been reading up more on the Roku. I pay $60 a month for cable, and other than random channel surfing on the weekend, all I usually only use it to watch Adult Swim before I go to sleep. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime (so free Video Streaming) so it really makes no sense to keep cable anymore.[/QUOTE]

I don't have Cable. Actually, I haven't had it for a long time. In addition to Netflix and Amazon, I also use Hulu Plus. The nice thing about Hulu Plus is that you can get 3 months free using Bing Rewards every 2 months or so (I've only paid for one month so far). Also, if you buy it from Sams Club you get your first two months for free along with a free HDMI Cable.

I like my Roku and it's pretty easy for me to recommend it. However, I am not so sure the $99 model is worth it. Angry Birds is fun, but the $70/80 models probably work just fine. I mainly got the $99 one because it had a game controller and because it is the only one with an Ethernet port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be picking up Lord of the Rings War in the North Collector's Edition for 360 when I get out of work today. We'll see what else Gamestop has in the way of trades. I'm also stopping by my local used record shop. He's usually got some stupid cheap games.

I'll report back tonight!

Cartoon Orbit postcard! Less than $5 shipped on ebay, this was a no brainer for me. I was HEAVILY into this game when it was still around. A long time ago I bought an Orbit t-shirt from ebay and I still have it. Anyway, here are front and back pictures:

73408712.jpg

b26eea44.jpg

Can't say I'd pay $5 for just a postcard, but oh man, I LOVED Cartoon Orbit. I don't know why because it was so pointless, but I really got sucked into collecting cToons. I had an extremely impressive collection of the little things. Well, impressive to anyone who cared. Makes me wish we still had access to those old accounts.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Can't say I'd pay $5 for just a postcard, but oh man, I LOVED Cartoon Orbit. I don't know why because it was so pointless, but I really got sucked into collecting cToons. I had an extremely impressive collection of the little things. Well, impressive to anyone who cared. Makes me wish we still had access to those old accounts.[/QUOTE]

Dude, me too. I was so into it. CNOC, Toonsville, ETCC, Techman's...I was in all of them and a few others as well. I actually have a print out of my czone and another of my entire (gigantic) collection somewhere around here. I still like looking through it from time to time and I still wear my Orbit t-shirt lol. Even if they had to close it down, i wish they at least left access to accounts in terms of collections, czones, and goons.

I had so much good stuff (8 or 9 bluebacks). My favorites were extreme sports and farming folk. Then I had a lot of other cool ones (bubbles jojo, the mange, ccf stuff, candidate huck, Betty statuette, the list goes on). Sure was fun while it lasted.

So I picked up my pre-order of Lord of the Rings War in the North Collector's Edition for :360: and while I was checking the preowned racks, someone traded the Two World's Collector's Edition, so I picked that up for 6.99. Shitty game, but can't argue with 7 bucks for a Collector's Edition that I didn't have and it was complete too.

Yay bargins!

And yesterday I cleaned K-Mart out of a bunch of $15 :360: games.
Resonance of Fate
Iron Man 2
Guitar Hero Metallica
Hunted The Demon's Forge
Front Mission Evolved
Split/Second
Enslaved Odyssey to the West
Marvel Superhero Squad The Infinity Gauntlet

Not bad for 2 days into November.

Another month, another slew of pick-ups. I'm running out of things to even pick up now, hah (and money to pick them up with. Somebody hire me and get me the fuck out of Ohio :bomb:)

111_1984.png

Was super amazed to find a complete copy of Beyond Oasis at a vintage store for $4. My absolute favorite Genesis game. I need to find a replacement cartridge holder-box-thing for it to look super-minty, but I'm still happy. PS1 games came from CAG and Chu Chu Rocket came from ebay. The GBA hunt has slowed to a trickle but I still find stuff now and again.

111_1985.png

PS1/2/3/PSP stuff. PSP games are a combo of CAG and Gamestop. The Fate/Extra GS bonus is tinier than I thought it'd be but it's still fun to flip through. Finally got three big PS2 wants: the RE4 steelbook, a black label Kingdom Hearts, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII. I just need RotTK XI and I'll have 'em all on PS2, but that one's the toughest to locate. Also used my Newegg $20 apology credit from the Dark Souls fiasco to get Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for $30. The game is pure crack.

111_1988.png

If Squarehard ever approaches you and tries to get you into anime collecting, RUN LIKE HELL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

111_1989.png

It's a sickness. And most of these box arts that are loaded with girls make all this stuff look like hentai. Frigging shameful to display en masse even though they're harmless :lol:

IMG_0553.jpg

CoJ, Dead Space 2, Shift 2, NMH, Trinity are all from GF. I had CoJ out as a rental and the disc was in good shape so I hit the keep button on my Game Q. All discs look fantastic. Duke Nukem is still the only shitty GF game I have gotten.

Tomb Raider came from AWD for $12.

Traded in a bunch of DVDs that I upgraded to blu's into a B&M Hastings and got like $91 in credit :D so I bought Cursed Crusade & Kinect Sports Season 2. I think I am going to return both and get Uncharted 3 if they have the CE in stock still.

BF3 from GS. It has been paid off for a very long time with credit. However I have yet to put it in to play. I'm determined to finish off Final Fantasy XIII to 1K!!!

IMG_0554.jpg

Stopped by a vintage store that I had not been to in a while this past weekend and found these two rare guides. Under $30 for the pair :D
Sadly the FFVII guide is missing the poster. :whistle2:(

IMG_0555.jpg

Picked this one up today for $29.99+tax. Redeemed my Powerup points from the steal of the week where they made a mistake and got $10 off :D

Starting the month off pretty good.

2011-11-02_23-19-07_52.jpg

Decided to jump on LotR since it was $54 with $20 in credit, and I'm a big fan of couch coop games. I got Mega Man from AWD for $7 and SMT from Amazon DotD. Lastly, Starfox 64DS from Target's B1G1 of which I sold it's accompanying game for $30, essentially costing me $15 for Starfox.

2011-11-02_23-18-10_299.jpg

Probably going to drop to $50 in a month, but whatever, didn't feel like going through the hassle of finding it cheap this time.

Went to my local used record store today, traded some stuff in and spent $60 on the following:
IMAG0605.jpg

Then I decided that wasn't enough, so I went to a Best Buy and found the following, all on sale:
IMAG0607.jpg

And to complete the trifecta, I stopped in at Target and took advantage of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free event and got these:
IMAG0606.jpg

Ugh.....this is such a damn addiction. Thanks work for giving me a kickass bonus check.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Oh man....it's bad. Really bad.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, I know the feeling. My gaming backlog is up to about 500 games right now (out of nearly 800). I'm not sure about movies, but I've got around 700 and I've probably only seen two-thirds of them. Many of them are just copies, though, so at least I didn't spend a ton of money on them.

[quote name='SlaughterX']
1zr0ubb.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What's with the shiny medal/hubcap things?

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php
[/quote]
That looks pretty snazzy. I'd be tempted to get one myself if I didn't hate the game. Heh.

[quote name='DCpinoy']damn man, thats a great collection. how long have you been building it up for?[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm pretty proud of that(as pathetic as that may be). I've been collecting heavily for the last year or so. When I joined this site last October, I had around 30 games, but since joining, I've gotten insane with the collecting. I've been trading one collecting habit(comic books) for another(games). I was dabbling in retro gaming for a while, but thankfully I got out of that before it broke the bank. I did just start a new job that'll be paying more when I get myself better acclimated, so maybe I'll jump back into retro collecting too.

Went to Target again tonight(mistake). Bought my oldest boy his first Lego set and a bunch of others that were on sale for Christmas presents.

Got the following on Blu-Ray, all for $5 a piece.
Crank
3:10 to Yuma
The Doors
Cabin Fever
Hostage
Bad Santa

This is going to be a looooooong month.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Thank you. I'm pretty proud of that(as pathetic as that may be). I've been collecting heavily for the last year or so. When I joined this site last October, I had around 30 games, but since joining, I've gotten insane with the collecting. I've been trading one collecting habit(comic books) for another(games). I was dabbling in retro gaming for a while, but thankfully I got out of that before it broke the bank. I did just start a new job that'll be paying more when I get myself better acclimated, so maybe I'll jump back into retro collecting too.

Went to Target again tonight(mistake). Bought my oldest boy his first Lego set and a bunch of others that were on sale for Christmas presents.

Got the following on Blu-Ray, all for $5 a piece.
Crank
3:10 to Yuma
The Doors
Cabin Fever
Hostage
Bad Santa

This is going to be a looooooong month.[/QUOTE]

I just hope the collecting doesn't get out of hand. I have a friend who basically goes out and buys every collectors edition thats released, but he plays the game itself for maybe 2 or 3 days then shelves it forever. Basically, if you buy a game (especially something like a $100+ CE), play it. Otherwise you're just buying veeeeeery expensive paper weights.

Also, he posts pictures of all of them on Facebook. When you're 30 and posting pictures of all the video games you buy for your friends and family to see, it doesn't make you look all that smart.

I hope you're a huge marvel comics fan. I hear Spider Man and Xmen Destiny are how to say.. not great.

If you enjoy them though, that's awesome! Just been hearing bad things.

[quote name='ZombieToast']What's with the shiny medal/hubcap things?[/QUOTE]

New chrome center caps for my Caddy, the old ones were getting pretty dull, and I lost one of them.

2vaeema.jpg

I don't keep up with blu releases that closely so I'm excited to see that Home Alone is out on blu now :hot: When it comes to movies from my childhood that I'm nostalgic about, that pretty much tops the list. Does it only contain 1 and 2 or does it also include the ones that we all like to pretend don't exist?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I just hope the collecting doesn't get out of hand. I have a friend who basically goes out and buys every collectors edition thats released, but he plays the game itself for maybe 2 or 3 days then shelves it forever. Basically, if you buy a game (especially something like a $100+ CE), play it. Otherwise you're just buying veeeeeery expensive paper weights.

Also, he posts pictures of all of them on Facebook. When you're 30 and posting pictures of all the video games you buy for your friends and family to see, it doesn't make you look all that smart.[/QUOTE]

A couple of things.....

I'll NEVER post my collection or pickups on Facebook. That's what I have this site for. My family and friends know I'm a geek, but that's where it needs to stay.

Secondly, I do buy a lot of games, but it's what I enjoy collecting. I've got a great job, very minimal monthly overhead and a very happy and well taken care of family. I don't drink, I don't smoke, nor do I use drugs, so collecting is my vice. I just enjoy it. Besides, if it all comes down to it, I always collect things that I can resell. I won't always make my money back, but I'll make damn sure I put some cash in my pocket.

[quote name='jer7583']I hope you're a huge marvel comics fan. I hear Spider Man and Xmen Destiny are how to say.. not great.

If you enjoy them though, that's awesome! Just been hearing bad things.[/QUOTE]

I am a big Marvel fan. X-Men have always been my favorite comic run and I buy every game I can that incorporates them(even the horrendous movie tie ins), as well as every other comic game I can. I do find some diamonds in the rough, such as Captain America Super Soldier, but the majority are utter shit. But I like having them for completion's sake. It's just a matter of time before I break my collection down into genres for organization. I did it with my movies before I moved on to Blu-Ray and the game collection is almost big enough to get there.

I didn't mean to sound preachy, was just hoping you were getting around to playing everything you're picking up. I guess I was just sorta annoyed at the whole FB thing. My friend doesn't have that great a job and is planning on getting married soon. I was just in shock to see him flushing money down the toilet when he needs to save it for more important things. When he posted a pic of the $130 LOTR War in the North CE he had just picked up (after seeing his pics of nearly every CE released in the last 6 months), I just sort of raged at his irresponsibility.

You didn't sound preachy. I didn't mean to sound so defensive. I guess intonation is a little hard via message boards. We're all here for the same reason, the love of video games. How we choose to express that, well, to each his own I suppose.

while the x-men game is supposedly terrible... he also bought Final Destination, that movie was horrible. I don't know if the 3d maybe makes it better (didn't watch it in 3d), but i paid $1 for it during a blockbuster sale and felt ripped off. possibly one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

[quote name='SlaughterX']New chrome center caps for my Caddy, the old ones were getting pretty dull, and I lost one of them.[/QUOTE]
Ah, so they actually are hubcaps then. I'm kinda surprised that I was right 'cause they sorta just look like giant silver wheat pennies to me and I was just taking a guess. I thought they were going to be game-related somehow. Ha ha.

Awesome slippers, by the way. I love my slippers and I already have more than I need, but if I ever need a new pair, I just might look into the ones you have there.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

I like my little Roku 2. It fits in the palm of my hands.[/QUOTE]Do you like it? I watch a lot of Crunchyroll, but my PS3 won't do the streaming as well from the web browser, and don't really like watching on my 24" PC monitor.

I almost went with the Otomedius Excellent LE, but changed my mind at the last minute.

[quote name='gbpackers94']
28e542a2.jpg

What do I win? :)[/QUOTE]I already got it on October 27th thanks to Uncharted event. :D

Some of my pick-ups:
Nov1buys2011.jpg

Sonic Generations and House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut

Nov3buys2011.jpg

God of War poster framed

Nov4buys2011-Copy.jpg

Fate Extra, Otomedius Excellent, and K-ON! wallet.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Do you like it? I watch a lot of Crunchyroll, but my PS3 won't do the streaming as well from the web browser, and don't really like watching on my 24" PC monitor.

[/QUOTE]

I do. The Roku 2 works really well and it's surprisingly fast. I thought I was going to be annoyed with it always being on (there's no power off button), but it uses very little power and there's no start-up time at all. My Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 all do some streaming, but the Roku just does a better job.

I've never tried the Crunchyroll app, but I haven't had any problems with any of the other apps. Edit: I just tried it, Crunchyroll works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']I do. The Roku 2 works really well and it's surprisingly fast. I thought I was going to be annoyed with it always being on (there's no power off button), but it uses very little power and there's no start-up time at all. My Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 all do some streaming, but the Roku just does a better job.

I've never tried the Crunchyroll app, but I haven't had any problems with any of the other apps. Edit: I just tried it, Crunchyroll works fine.[/QUOTE]Thanks a lot, looks like I'm buying either the XD or XS (what pushes me towards XS is the wired connection, although I can do either WiFi/wired). While Crunchyroll would be the main reason I'd get it, I am an Amazon Prime member so that's another option, plus there are other channels I'll like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back