Slim Xbox 360 disk tray jammed

sasuke543

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Tried all the solutions Microsoft suggested on fixing it. Had a party and some drunk friend accidental knocked down my precious 250gb slim Xbox 360. Getting it repaired from MS is pricey 119 bucks. Can someone give me advice on what would be the best thing to do? Thanks!

Could try opening the casing and seeing if you can see a problem. Might need to buy the right screw driver, but bound to be cheaper than 119.

Don't the 360's have some sort of hole up under the tray that allows you to either stick a pin in there to hit a reset/eject button inside the console or some sort of slot to put an opened up paper clip into to pull the tray out manually?

I know the old school Xbox systems used to as that's the only way my old Xbox would pop open it's disc tray after sitting for over a year after I got the PS3.:cry:

But why stand up the console in the first place? That's just asking for trouble.

The xbox was the entertainment, playing Dance Central 2. I was busy in the kitchen until someone told me the xbox got knocked down...Any known good repair places around cali?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't the 360's have some sort of hole up under the tray that allows you to either stick a pin in there to hit a reset/eject button inside the console or some sort of slot to put an opened up paper clip into to pull the tray out manually?

I know the old school Xbox systems used to as that's the only way my old Xbox would pop open it's disc tray after sitting for over a year after I got the PS3.:cry:

But why stand up the console in the first place? That's just asking for trouble.[/QUOTE]

Also I did try sticking a pin in the hole, but never worked. I should've been more wise to lay the xbox horizontally...:cry:

Is the "friend" paying for the repair? Any one of my friends certainly would if they caused the damage, as I would do the same for them (if it were me).

Man that sucks. Guess there is no warranty? Try to fix on own or trade that in and get a new one. Cant believe MS is charging $120 for repair.

I wish consoles were more built better like the old days.

Can some tell what's better for the long term? A console standing or laying flat?

Flat. I can't imagine ever standing one of my consoles on its end. *shudder*

Anyway...with the fat models, you can usually give it a nice pound on the case right above the disc try and it'll pop open. Not sure if it'll work with a slim, though, 'cause they look like they're about to break if you get too close to them. The only other thing I can think of is to open it up and see if you can open the tray manually. I'm sure you could easily find a number of videos on YouTube to help with this.

[quote name='The Punisher']Man that sucks. Guess there is no warranty? Try to fix on own or trade that in and get a new one. Cant believe MS is charging $120 for repair.

I wish consoles were more built better like the old days.

Can some tell what's better for the long term? A console standing or laying flat?[/QUOTE]

Where could you trade it in? I tried calling gamestop and they said they don't take in broken xbox? Black friday is around the corner, some of my friends volunteered to help out...

[quote name='sasuke543']Where could you trade it in? I tried calling gamestop and they said they don't take in broken xbox? Black friday is around the corner, some of my friends volunteered to help out...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop. Its a hit or miss with them.

bread's done
Back