Kinect Sensor Holiday Bundle - $149 -incl. Kinect Adv, The Gunstringer, + Fruit Ninja

[quote name='BingoBrown']So essentially replacing Child of Eden with Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja in the bundle. I expected more.[/QUOTE]

Gunstringer is a brand new $40 game, what the heck were you expecting?

Well.... the box certainly looks cool.

Makes a lot more sense than the other bundle. 3 games that a family would enjoy.

[quote name='buckythekat']Gunstringer is a brand new $40 game, what the heck were you expecting?[/QUOTE]

Bill Gates' firstborn son.

I'm not saying Gunstringer is bad, it's supposed to be great from what I hear. I just would've thought they could have thrown a little more in the Holiday Bundle. Look at it this way, what do you get with a standard 250GB Xbox Slim? Nothing. The Holiday Bundle version gives you Halo: Reach and Fable III free. The standard Kinect only gives you Kinect Adventures, but they also recently had the Kinect Adventures/Child of Eden bundle. This Holiday Bundle simply replaces Child of Eden with Gunstringer. An upgrade, but relatively minor.

I would've thought by now that Kinect Sports 1 would have been a standard inclusion in this type of bundle. If it had been included, I think that would have been an appropriate amount of games for the Holiday Bundle. As it is, I'm just not thoroughly impressed.

I'm perfectly fine with the games offered in this bundle, as I already own Child of Eden. Now to decide if I should receive this as a Christmas gift or to buy this as a Christmas gift for the family. Hmm...

I'd be way more likely to bite if they'd replace Kinect Adventures with Dance Central 1 or Kinect Sports 1. They are games that would actually get played more than once.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Well.... the box certainly looks cool.

Makes a lot more sense than the other bundle. 3 games that a family would enjoy.[/QUOTE]

qft

The Gunstringer is a fun game. But the humor just didn't jive with me for this game like other Twisted Pixel games. The action itself is fun and varied though. lots of different types of gameplay: Gears of War-like cover shooting for some scenes, Rez/Child of Eden-like painting target scenes, dual gun action scenes, side-scrolling platform scenes, vertical scrolling scenes, etc. Plus, you get the intentionally cheesy FMV DLC add-on that mimics Mad Dog McCree light gun game.

But the star of the package is definitely Fruit Ninja. My friends and I have piled hours into that game. There's just something addictive about how the leaderboards are set up. You see your friend's score up there, and you just have to find a way to beat it. I remember seeing my friend's new score pop up so 2 hours later, in a pile of sweat, sore muscles, etc., I still hadn't beaten it. Damn him. It's also a great party game (definitely watch out for the accidental chops to the neck or groin by the person next to you).

bread's done
Back