EA Insider: 50% off ME, Bulletstorm, or Alice: MR + Free Shipping

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!
Just read the following on EA Insider Deals' facebook page!

Unlock 50% off Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, or Alice: Madness Returns + free shipping (US only). If we get 500 likes by Wednesday at 5 PM PST, we'll unlock the deal at that time.

http://www.facebook.com/OriginInsiderDeals

UPDATE: Looks like they are giving out $10 coupons (off a $30 purchase) that can be used in December, with any game purchase this month.

Also FYI, the Best Buy TIV for Bulletstorm is $11, and Alice is $16 :) I'm not normally a flipper, but these could become quick rentals and then used in the 50% bonus on preorders thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice for 20 with free shipping huh ? Tempting but chances are that all ea games will be half off on black friday and I have amazon and bestbuy credit to use. Thanks anyway op :)

Would definitely be in for Alice (but watch Gamefly finally put it on sale right afterward).

Do the current copies still come with the original game?

Yeah this is definitely the time to pick and choose your deals, with BF coming. Also to answer someone's question they do sell console games, although it does not look like they have mass effect for the 360.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Yeah this is definitely the time to pick and choose your deals, with BF coming. Also to answer someone's question they do sell console games, although it does not look like they have mass effect for the 360.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version wasn't published by ea so that would explain why.

Wait, so are they talking about mass effect 2 or 1? ME2 is $20 msrp now so if its ME2 it should be $10 + tax and free shipping?

[quote name='WakYasuk']Wait, so are they talking about mass effect 2 or 1? ME2 is $20 msrp now so if its ME2 it should be $10 + tax and free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I need to buy ME2 for PS3 (my 360 RROD and didn't work after I tired to fix it). I would totally bight on a $10 (plus tax) copy! Otherwise, I'm just waiting for BF/CM and hoping for a deal.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Would definitely be in for Alice (but watch Gamefly finally put it on sale right afterward).

Do the current copies still come with the original game?[/QUOTE]

The Online Pass is the original game, so all new copies should come complete with the pass.

I picked up Alice a while back for $25 plus shipping and it was absolutely worth it. For 20 bucks it's a steal, especially considering that the original version is also included (via DLC code).

I'm probably slightly biased because I played the fuck out of Alice on PC back in the day, but I love this game.

[quote name='Jurassic425']The deal is active tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I posted that at 1am here on the East Coast so it is "tomorrow".

[quote name='EA Insider Deals']If we get 500 likes by Wednesday at 5 PM PST, we'll unlock the deal at that time.[/QUOTE]

No, you haven't missed it yet.

The facebook page says "Unlock 50% off Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, or Alice: Madness Returns"

The "or" makes it sound like you can only buy 1 of those games. Am I wrong for assuming it's just one game per order? For instance, if I want to buy alice and bulletstorm, I'll just need to submit two separate orders, correct?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The facebook page says "Unlock 50% off Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, or Alice: Madness Returns"

The "or" makes it sound like you can only buy 1 of those games. Am I wrong for assuming it's just one game per order? For instance, if I want to buy alice and bulletstorm, I'll just need to submit two separate orders, correct?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The way it has worked in the past, the code is released and it can be used multiple times. If you would like to purchase more than one it would have to be on a separate order.

Currently playing Alice right now (got it from GS just last week, so of course this deal pops up right after) and I'm really enjoying it overall. Def worth the $20 (plus you get the first game - even better).

I got a really strong Psychonauts-vibe from the whole game. SPOILER: There's even a statue of Raz hidden in the game - very very awesome.

Looking at past deals it looks like it will be the console version. So whats the deal with the first Alice included that people are mentioning?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jurassic425']LOL. I'm not normally a grammar Nazi, but seriously? :booty:[/QUOTE]

I literally read the "bight" thing and was like "Man, that is pretty bad..." Then I saw it was me lol. In my defense I was exhausted!

Looks like this deal just got sweeter guys. If you buy any game this month you get a $10 coupon that can be used in December (on a purchase of $30 or more). Not bad if you pick up Bulletstorm for $12.50, and plan on shopping with Origin again next month. I will update the OP.

"Shop now & save $10 in December Buy any game this month, and we'll give you a $10 gift code to use on any purchase of $30 or more during your December holiday shopping. Restrictions apply."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307215

[quote name='Glasscocked']Looking at past deals it looks like it will be the console version. So whats the deal with the first Alice included that people are mentioning?[/QUOTE]

New copies come with a code to download the original game off PSN/XBL.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Looks like this deal just got sweeter guys. If you buy any game this month you get a $10 coupon that can be used in December (on a purchase of $30 or more). Not bad if you pick up Bulletstorm for $12.50, and plan on shopping with Origin again next month. I will update the OP.

"Shop now & save $10 in December Buy any game this month, and we'll give you a $10 gift code to use on any purchase of $30 or more during your December holiday shopping. Restrictions apply."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307215[/QUOTE]

I thought Bulletstorm would be $15 because it would be 50% off the original price. $12.50 makes it even better.:)

I think I'll pass on Alice and I have Mass Effect 2. I bought mass effect 2 used, so I don't have the online code. Is it worth paying $10 just to get the code?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I thought Bulletstorm would be $15 because it would be 50% off the original price. $12.50 makes it even better.:)

I think I'll pass on Alice and I have Mass Effect 2. I bought mass effect 2 used, so I don't have the online code. Is it worth paying $10 just to get the code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Bulletstorm was already on sale for $24.98, so I assume it will be half off THAT price. As for ME2, I recently bought a copy on Amazon that was supposed to be new but was open. I haven't played it yet so I don't know if the code was used, what does it do? They gave me a discount when I told them it was open so I paid just over $6 for it. I could buy another one in this deal and trade my current copy into BB....

[quote name='Jurassic425']Yeah Bulletstorm was already on sale for $24.98, so I assume it will be half off THAT price. As for ME2, I recently bought a copy on Amazon that was supposed to be new but was open. I haven't played it yet so I don't know if the code was used, what does it do? They gave me a discount when I told them it was open so I paid just over $6 for it. I could buy another one in this deal and trade my current copy into BB....[/QUOTE]

I think the code gives access to well over $10 worth of DLC, but I may be wrong. Maybe someone can give us first hand information. I think some of the DLC bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3 ???

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I think the code gives access to well over $10 worth of DLC, but I may be wrong. Maybe someone can give us first hand information. I think some of the DLC bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3 ???[/QUOTE]

I believe the PS3 version comes with all the DLC except for Arrival. I think that Arrival was the only one that was advertised as really tying into ME3 (not sure how extra characters and such relate). I only bought Shadow Broker and the assassin character (forgot the name) DLCs so I'm not sure about Firewalker, but the other ones didn't seem to relate (but who knows how they will tie in)

Are you guys sure about the Mass Effect 2 being included? It's not just Mass Effect? The $10 coupon in December states the minimum purchase needs to be at least $30 by the way.

[quote name='karyadi']Are you guys sure about the Mass Effect 2 being included? It's not just Mass Effect? The $10 coupon in December states the minimum purchase needs to be at least $30 by the way.[/QUOTE]

We are not sure. It would suck if it was only for the original as they only have it for PC. We are aware that the $10 coupon needs to be used on a $30 purchase, I updated the OP this morning to state that.

Not seeing a pricing summary, so here goes:

Only “downloadable” are available for PC (no boxes). This makes the prices:
• ME (PC-only) or ME2 … $9.99 all platforms, $14.99 for PC-d/l’s ME2 DigDlx
• Bulletstorm … $14.99 on console, or $9.99 on PC-d/l
• Alice … $19.99 on console, or $14.99 on PC-d/l

[quote name='Cornelius']Not seeing a pricing summary, so here goes:

Only “downloadable” are available for PC (no boxes). This makes the prices:
• ME (PC-only) or ME2 … $9.99 all platforms, $14.99 for PC-d/l’s ME2 DigDlx
• Bulletstorm … $14.99 on console, or $9.99 on PC-d/l
• Alice … $19.99 on console, or $14.99 on PC-d/l[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm is currently $24.xx on consoles and $15.99 on PC as a promo price. I assume that they will be taking 50% off THOSE prices, but I could be wrong.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/search/?keywords=bulletstorm

Anyone think Alice will drop below $20 between now and the holidays at other places? $20 is the sweet spot for me, but I'll be regretting if it shows up on BF or something on Amazon for $17 or so later.

As far as I know (at least for the Xbox version of Alice) the Original Alice game is accessed through Alice MR main menu, and they share the 1000 GS between the two games. So your not getting a completely separate arcade game, unless they changed something.

Btw, Bulletstorm is $10.xx at gohastings if you use the 255 off and dont mind taking a risk with a used game

I am in for Alice, whens this deal post? Excited now, my wife has been begging me to get this game so she can watch me play it.

So I'd love to get in on this, both for ME2 and Alice. Can someone kindly walk me through what I'm going to need to to at 8pm (EST) to get the games?

Do I actually have to do anything on facebook? Or is it just a coupon code that some kind soul will hopefully post here for me to use when placing my orders? And I just buy it off store.origin.com?

Thanks.

Crap, I'll be at work. I guarantee the deal will be dead by the time I get out, too.

Also, is it going to be ME or ME2? The Facebook page says just ME.

[quote name='INCyr']So I'd love to get in on this, both for ME2 and Alice. Can someone kindly walk me through what I'm going to need to to at 8pm (EST) to get the games?

Do I actually have to do anything on facebook? Or is it just a coupon code that some kind soul will hopefully post here for me to use when placing my orders? And I just buy it off store.origin.com?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

all you have to do is click on the link the op provided and then click on the link the facebook page provides and use any coupon code it provides (dont think i ever used the word 'provide' that many times in one sentence before...). dont even need to have facebook for it to work.

Am I supposed to see anything? I haven't "liked" Origin Insider Deals but sginamno9 says you don't have to even be on FB so I doubt I need to like it. Argh why are they 7 whole minutes late!?

This is lame because I waited when I could have been eating. Now I see the last time they did this deal they were 40 minutes late with the code. What a pain in the balls.

Have fun waiting two plus weeks to get your console games. I won't order anything from EA again unless it's along the lines of "I"ve never seen it that cheap before". PS Bulletstorm was $9.99 from GameFly and probably will be again soon.

bread's done
Back