Anyone have experience with off brand Gamecube Memory Cards?

Sir_Fragalot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well I wanted to get back into some gamecube games, mainly a few sonic ones, nothing too major. Also maybe Baiten Kaitos if I can find a copy. So I been needing a memory card but I don't really feel like paying $20 for a used one at gamestop, and I been checking e-bay and I see ones for like $3-4 dollars.

Something like This. Usually I wont buy cheap accessories like this but with the price of Gamecube memory, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and are they worth it or is it better to just spend the cash on an official one?

I got a brand new official Gamecube Memory Card 251 (not in original package since it was part of a bundle) that I can sell to you for $12 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
There was once a thread on this very topic long ago. My advice, based on extensive experience, is to only buy an authentic nintendo memory card. Many cherished gamesaves have been corrupted by 3d party cards.

Yup, I bought a cheapie third-party GC memory card and the damn thing corrupted. Lost all of my saves, some I never recovered from (such as Super. Smash Bros. Melee). Bought a used official memory card after that it's been going strong for a few years now.

I've had a cheapie large capacity ebay one for 5 years and had no problems...but I do keep an official with all my most important saves just to be safe.

I have 2 official nintendo ones which I've never had an issue with and one 3rd party one from Hong Kong. All of them have been excellent, but I use the official one for backups like Kona here.

I got the Dragon one cheap off ebay years ago, hasn't failed on me yet, then again I don't use it that much. I have the large official one bought in a b2g1, and that works great.

I've had an InterAct Mega Memory 16x for several (8+) years now and have never had any problems with it.

4522.jpg

I rarely use it now since I don't use my Wii to play GameCube games and none of my Cubes are hooked up to any TVs. But I did use it in my Wii to get the cleared save data bonus in Tales of Symphonia and it still worked fine.

bread's done
Back