Fallout New Vegas advice...

travis_campbell06

CAGiversary!
First question: Has there been a confirmed complete edition yet, and if not, is there reason to believe there will be one?

Second question: If there will be one, is it still worth it to pull the trigger on it for $20 at Target during this weeks B2G1. I do want DLC, but I haven't heard if its good or bad.

I would pick up the game cheap and then keep an eye out for the DLC on an XBL Sale - there is plenty in the main game to keep you going until you'll even be interested in the DLC.

Seems like the DLC has been on sale several times, I think just last week or so. If you want to wait, you will be able to get it cheaper in a complete edition, but if you really wanna play it now, just get it now, as I said, the DLC goes on sale often.

Why not just pick up a used copy from Amazon's Warehouse Deals site for $7 or so, instead of paying $20 for the game now and whatever price for each of the DLC's?

As for there being a complete/GOTY edition later on, they more than likely WILL put one out. But this game sold abysmally compared to the prior games in the FO series. Of course that was due to how glitchy it was at release.

I haven't seen the DLC go on sale, but I would expect it to happen now and then. As far as I know, a complete/GOTY edition hasn't been confirmed, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it. Oblivion had it, Fallout 3 had it, and I'm sure this will have it.

What you might want to do is just find yourself a cheap used copy so you can play it for a while and then hope for a collection to come out in the near future. Between the core game and the DLC, I spent about 200 hours with it, so it can easily keep you busy for a while. Oh, and yes, the DLC is worthwhile. Dead Money is kinda blah, but Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road were pretty decent and Old World Blues was really enjoyable and hilarious.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I PM the Target sale at Best Buy and picked it up along with a couple others than I had passed over, so here's to hoping that Microsoft puts the DLC on sale soon. I saw the first two DLC about a month ago, but not that they've all been out awhile, maybe they all will be half price soon.

bread's done
Back