GET MODERN WARFARE 3 TODAY! (maybe...)

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Article from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5855960/how-to-buy-a-copy-of-modern-warfare-3-today

Find a KMart Here: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/StoreLocatorView?storeId=10151&i_cntr=1320323412129

Check your local Kmarts if your really crazy about this title!:bouncy:

Proof (not me): http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-C...=290628027445&ps=63&clkid=3933496857537404055

This will probably be today only if your lucky at all and only this morning, I would run out to your stores before work, school, nap time, etc.

Post if you were successful!

[quote name='dennisb407']Just looked at "completed listings" on ebay a vanilla copy just sold for $235[/QUOTE]

Lmfao- that moron can just save time by popping in modern warfare 2....

obviously not people were able to get it through, its because the boxes were marked for immediate sale, not wait till 11/8/11 which they should be.

Source: kotaku.com
Turns out that the shipments of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sent out to Kmart came in boxes that said to put the game out immediately. Typically when stores get games early they're marked with the date the games are meant to hit shelves. So in this case those boxes should have said to put the games out on Nov. 8.

No go at Manassas VA Kmart this am. Stickers were out for the game in the shelf but it was not stocked. I asked be guy and be said next week. I will check back at lunch...

And now I'm late for work haha

Unfortunately I'm working and by the time my lunch break hits today, things will probably be fixed. I'd love an early shot at this game as BF3 is too frustrating.

this is pretty cool but id rather wait a few more days so i can get a $15 gaming coupon with it.

[quote name='dennisb407']Just looked at "completed listings" on ebay a vanilla copy just sold for $235[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Getting a game 5 days early is worth $175 to some people? Must be fucking nice to have more money than brains.

[quote name='BFox549']this is pretty cool but id rather wait a few more days so i can get a $15 gaming coupon with it.[/QUOTE]

What.. you've got your priorities mixed up! I'd take $100+ (Conservative estimated) of profit over a $15 gaming coupon any day

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Seriously? Getting a game 5 days early is worth $175 to some people? Must be fucking nice to have more money than brains.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the fact that they won't get it until Saturday with shipping, if they're lucky.

Still, if you have the money to spend, there are worse things you could waste your entertainment money on than a few days of early access to a game.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Seriously? Getting a game 5 days early is worth $175 to some people? Must be fucking nice to have more money than brains.[/QUOTE]

maybe someone has that kind of money to spend BECAUSE they have brains ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']What.. you've got your priorities mixed up! I'd take $100+ (Conservative estimated) of profit over a $15 gaming coupon any day[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='GBAstar']What.. you've got your priorities mixed up! I'd take $100+ (Conservative estimated) of profit over a $15 gaming coupon any day[/QUOTE]

Hellllll yes.

What's going to suck is the people who are waiting to buy MW3 on release day/week to take advantage of the SYWR deals may not be able to take advantage of it now if Kmart's ususally slim stock of new releases gets depleted by resellers. As far as I know Josh (Kmart representative) does not offer rain checks if the store sells out of something.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Not to mention the fact that they won't get it until Saturday with shipping, if they're lucky.[/QUOTE]

Also not to mention that Microsoft will likely ban or at least suspend any account they catch playing it early. Hope these people who were smart enough to spend $175 to play it early are also smart enough to play it offline. (Also hope the single-player campaign is really, really good and takes a week to complete.)

[quote name='irc_email']maybe someone has that kind of money to spend BECAUSE they have brains ;)[/QUOTE]

Thats a BIG maybe considering the games demographic

[quote name='morrodox']Also not to mention that Microsoft will likely ban or at least suspend any account they catch playing it early. Hope these people who were smart enough to spend $175 to play it early are also smart enough to play it offline. (Also hope the single-player campaign is really, really good and takes a week to complete.)[/QUOTE]

They will not ban anyone who purchased a legit copy of the game and plays it online.

Trust me, I ran a mom and pop video game store for over 3 years and played every big title a couple of days to a week early and never had anything happen to me or any of my employees.

Worse case scenario is they reset the stats you've accumulated on release day so you'll be forced to start over and be on even playing ground with other players.

[quote name='rdlee']Worse case scenario is they reset the stats you've accumulated on release day so you'll be forced to start over and be on even playing ground with other players.[/QUOTE]IIRC they've said they're going to do just that. Maybe it was that they wouldn't save your online progress after each game until the game's official release date.

No go at my sketch location. Would've figured they, if any around here would do it. The nicest people but not so aware of games. Alluded to a streeted box in the back for the 8th. Didnt care to pester. People are offering up to 120 on craigslist for a copy. Can't say no to that chance...

When did these magical boxes arrive? Late yesterday?

My Kmart was in the middle of there morning meeting when I stopped by and the guy was just turning the tvs on. Curious if they even checked the shipment yet...

Will go back around 1130.

[quote name='morrodox']Also not to mention that Microsoft will likely ban or at least suspend any account they catch playing it early.[/QUOTE]
No, absolutely wrong. So many reviewers would be screwed if Microsoft did this.

[quote name='WV Matsui']When did these magical boxes arrive? Late yesterday?

My Kmart was in the middle of there morning meeting when I stopped by and the guy was just turning the tvs on. Curious if they even checked the shipment yet...

Will go back around 1130.[/QUOTE]

I was at target Tues morning and they had a huge pile of them. They may have got them as early as Monday.

Went to a local Kmart and nothing on the shelves. The price tag is up, but no games in case. Will try a different Kmart on the way to work around noon.

No go at K-Mart in Rockford, IL. I went in and asked about it and the clerk informed me that selling it early was against company policy and that she had already received an e-mail regarding this "mishap". She also informed me that most of the games they receive also do not have the "Do Not Sell Before (Insert Date Here)".

My local Kmart can't even get the games out on release day...sure as hell ain't wasting time to see if they put it out early.

I went to my K-Mart about thirty minutes after they opened. There was a throng of people in electronics purchasing them all up. They're gone, every single one of them.

Resellers... Sigh.... I will be some pissed if when I go to get mw3 and skyrim on the 11th they have been sold out a few days

I went to my local Kmart and wasn't shocked that the game wasn't out on the shelves as the cashier this morning is a gamer himself; There was also no tags and there was a cardboard promo that stated 11-8-11 right in front of the register.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I went to my K-Mart about thirty minutes after they opened. There was a throng of people in electronics purchasing them all up. They're gone, every single one of them.[/QUOTE]
Sucks man, but I can't say I expect anything less from...Overland Park.
Move on over to the Missouri side of the line, where the wine is sweeter, the days longer, and the skies are bluer.
If you were planning on getting it there next week for the deal, I hope some more come in or something.

I hope the Kmart in my area has them out. I am not worried at all about them being gone, because no one shops at my Kmart. Lately they have been pretty good at getting games put on somewhat on time, so if they saw a box that said, "Sell now," there is a chance they stocked it.
I just want to play a copy until the deal next week and then probably sell it to a coworker or something.

My boss is heading out to the Maplewood MO store right now to check. Not feeling too optimistic but I'll update when we know.

While I'd like to play early, no way I'm spending $60.00 at Kmart when I have a bunch of GameStop, BB and Amazon GCs to use. Now if one of those places offer an early release I'd be all over it, but I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen.

I guess I'm screwed then. I wanted to buy it at kmart on release day for the gaming coupon and points deal. What's more I was hoping to get lucky and find a Hardened edition, but I'm sure those will be gone now.

[quote name='benjamouth']Wow, it's barely started and already someone has a bag full and they're going on Ebay.

People are dicks.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me why exactly they're 'dicks'? Because they're buying an in demand product that a store was/is selling earlier than the street date and putting it into the hands of people who are willing to give them more than MSRP for it?:roll: If people are willing to pay a premium for something that you have that you bought, why not take advantage of that situation?

That's called being smart, if you ask me. I suppose you think they should be offering these up for MSRP or even cheaper than MSRP just to be nice?:whistle2:#

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']People rather pay full price than wait a few days and get gaming coupons with purchase?? What?[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing it, but the copies are selling for $250 on EBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Please tell me why exactly they're 'dicks'? Because they're buying an in demand product that a store was/is selling earlier than the street date and putting it into the hands of people who are willing to give them more than MSRP for it?:roll: If people are willing to pay a premium for something that you have that you bought, why not take advantage of that situation?

That's called being smart, if you ask me. I suppose you think they should be offering these up for MSRP or even cheaper than MSRP just to be nice?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post 350%!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Please tell me why exactly they're 'dicks'? Because they're buying an in demand product that a store was/is selling earlier than the street date and putting it into the hands of people who are willing to give them more than MSRP for it?:roll: If people are willing to pay a premium for something that you have that you bought, why not take advantage of that situation?

That's called being smart, if you ask me. I suppose you think they should be offering these up for MSRP or even cheaper than MSRP just to be nice?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I stand by my comment, people are dicks.

bread's done
Back