- - - - -

GET MODERN WARFARE 3 TODAY! (maybe...)

#121 mr_bungle   Trading Ban Trading Ban   3949 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Most of the fun really lies in playing with a group of friends. If the guys I play with on a weekly basis weren't buddies in real life, I wouldn't have played so much.

Same here. I played the heck out of MW2, even when I got pissed off and swore I was done with that game I'd still play the next night with friends.

With BO though, we played zombies. That was it, the mp wasn't all that great, and the DLC maps were some of the worst I've ever experienced.

#122 movie_mike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

movie_mike

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

No go at Kmart on 3rd Street across the street from the Grove in Los Angeles. They already pulled them off the shelf :-(

#123 Artrigis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Went to kmart in socal at around 945, didnt have it out.

#124 Ziv   Jerk Extreme CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I saw shelf tags for MW3 and Skyrim. But neither in stock.

#125 astr0boy   Keeper of the Light CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Roommate works for K-Mart and I showed this deal to her.

She said they got their shipment of MW3 in late Tuesday and that there was an internal memo sent out detailing that the shipment was to be kept in a locked stockroom which only the MOD has keys for.

According to her, its pretty likely that someone took the games out of the box to tag them with price stickers, wasnt paying attention and put them out. Its also extremely likely that the person got fired because k-mart would incur a pretty huge fine from Activision for breaking street release date. Which makes sense because it would be an "unfair business practice". By releasing early, they could corner the market.

Didnt something like this also happen with Halo 3?

#126 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14845 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

KMart did it with Mass Effect 1 in Nov. 2007 and a LOT more copies were sold early on that than with MW3. The current regime was not in charge then and they were able to put the kabosh on it fairly quickly.

#127 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

You could do an Expedited flat rate envelope for about $20 with USPS.

Mail it today, then they'd have it on Saturday at the latest. It seems like a moot point now, anyhow...

Yeah that too. But even USPS does not guarantee delivery dates. The only guarantees are overnight packages that are dropped off by 3 pm PST at least over here. Last year I sold a Black Ops Hardened Edition for $150 for a last minute Xmas gift on ebay. Shipping came out to about $30.

#128 WV Matsui  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

The Kmart thread is insane over this right now! Worried they won't be able to pick up on Tuesday and get the coupons... Pretty rough over there right now!

#129 gameupboy84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

gameupboy84

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Havent checked my local kmart yet but I will after work.

http://www.egmnow.co...-warfare-3-now/

#130 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Lazy linkhttp://www.egmnow.co...-warfare-3-now/

Interesting though

#131 gameupboy84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

gameupboy84

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Update,already pulled from shelves

#132 gameupboy84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

gameupboy84

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Yea I'm on my cell phone trying to add the link,my bad.

#133 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Its all good, thats what I figured

#134 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

already posted too

#135 stack9902   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

stack9902

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

damn would have been nice to get this early.. oh well.

#136 icarusmight   What it do! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

icarusmight

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Someone was late to the party. Delete thread?

#137 CXK   KillerInstinctOnline.net CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

Why is there no Kmart near me anymore!? Not just for this, but for many other deals.

#138 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Shugo2540

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

Had it at my kmart the register wouldn't ring it up then they brought over the manager who told them they couldn't sell it or they would lose their job.

#139 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

I'd gladly wait until release day, but there are two reasons,

1) Black Ops sucks

2) Playing MW2 for the past 2 years is getting boring :(

Maybe I'm in the minority but I enjoyed Black Ops a hell of a lot more than MW2. At least in Black Ops I didn't encounter: people glitching into the background and killing you while you couldn't touch them, nuke boosting or a constant rain of killstreak rewards that made it so you could barely go outside a building. I'm torn on MW3. I'm sure a ton of my friends will be playing it but Infinity Ward left me with a bad impression after MW2.

#140 thirteenva   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

thirteenva

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

maybe i'm in the minority but i enjoyed black ops a hell of a lot more than mw2. At least in black ops i didn't encounter: People glitching into the background and killing you while you couldn't touch them, nuke boosting or a constant rain of killstreak rewards that made it so you could barely go outside a building. I'm torn on mw3. I'm sure a ton of my friends will be playing it but infinity ward left me with a bad impression after mw2.

+1

#141 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10730 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

noob toob warfare 3

#142 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

http://www.gamesrada...t-your-account/

As we reported yesterday, copies of Modern Warfare 3 are out in the wild, being sold by retailers that don’t feel like adhering to the street date. It happens with just about every early release, from Toys “R”Us’s leak of BioShock to K-mart’s mistaken pre-sell of Mass Effect to 7-11’s sale of Gears of War 2 before its release. Uusually, the stance of the developer is clear: while they’d rather it not happen, they aren’t actually going to punish those who took advantage of it – who could possibly justify punishing consumers for legally purchasing a game at a retail store? Apparently, Activison.

At first, Microsoft seemed to think there wouldn't be an issue, with Xbox LIVE Director of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse, writing, "For those asking about MW3 pre-release play: If your copy is legit and obtained legitly, have fun. It's a great game." But soon after, the story changed. He updated his Twitter with a new response, straight from Activision: "clarification: dblchk'd with Activision. Mw3 pre-release play not authorized," he wrote, "So pls be patient. Playing early may impact your account!"

It's a vague statement to be sure, but it's certainly ominous. It's also somewhat insulting – it's really not the consumer's fault in this case. It's the retailers, the publishers, and the employees, but not at all the customer's.

So there's your warning! If you go to the store and see a copy of a new game on the shelf, don't buy it! If you legally purchase that game and play it online, you might be punished by the publisher (who should have done a better job marking the shipment boxes to avoid confusion).

#143 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

So then I guess all of those idiots who paid $200 for an early copy from eBay/Craigslist will be trying to do chargebacks and get refunds?

#144 Lyricsborn   Lives in the Shithole Boca Raton CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Lyricsborn

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Well if you got one early at least you get a case. Didn't some idiot last year start bragging that he got a disc only copy of BLOPS for $70 bucks just 3 days before its release?