Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Gamestop

Releases on 11/8 which includes:

• Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
  • Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
  • Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
  • New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
  • A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
  • Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
  • 15 additional pieces of new concept art
  • 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)
6303801018_14f2e39ca3_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually glad now that my Gamefly used copy was unreadable and I got a refund. I will wait for this to go on sale. Thanks OP

Ridiculous. Europe and Asia have had this for months (maybe over a year?). I imported it ages ago. It's called Move Edition there.

It's funny that Sony accidentally leaked the box art for this months ago, when HR went to Greatest Hits. Clearly they just wanted to milk the plain version for the poor American suckers a little while longer. Not me!

Also, how is it a "director's cut" if they didn't add anything new? Derp.

[quote name='panzerfaust']i dont even remember this game having music[/QUOTE]

...Seriously? Did you fall asleep while playing the game?

[quote name='takotchi']Ridiculous. Europe and Asia have had this for months (maybe over a year?). I imported it ages ago. It's called Move Edition there.

It's funny that Sony accidentally leaked the box art for this months ago, when HR went to Greatest Hits. Clearly they just wanted to milk the plain version for the poor American suckers a little while longer. Not me!

Also, how is it a "director's cut" if they didn't add anything new? Derp.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wario64']misleading thread title, there is no director's cut in this version[/QUOTE]

This is essentially the same as the original CE for the game in Europe.

Lame. I saw "director's cut" and I was hoping that they had secretly been working on DLC after they finished up with Move support.

I've got my launch day copy and I will be keeping it, though I do want those themes. This game is a masterpiece.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Jason ...... Jason ...... JASON ![/QUOTE]
I always wanted to make a video where Ethan was running around yelling that and have Jason Vorhees sack him from off-screen. My video editing skills are no match sadly.

I thought the music in this game was excellent, however I already have a copy of the game and the soundtrack is the only item that interests me. Might wait and see if the price drops any.

[quote name='Wario64']...Seriously? Did you fall asleep while playing the game?[/QUOTE]

alright just gave some of the OST a listen and it's quite good. perhaps if the game had a bit more emotional depth i would of remembered =p

[quote name='strait edge follower']Jason ...... Jason ...... JASON ![/QUOTE]

lol that part had me worried the game was gonna suck. Thankfully it didn't lol. Heavy Rain is still one of my favorite PS3 games of all time, but damn that part was annoying.

[quote name='Kaiser499']No link yet for retailers but it comes out on 11/8 which includes:

• Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
  • Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
  • Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
  • New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
  • A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
  • Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
  • 15 additional pieces of new concept art
  • 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)
[/QUOTE]

I remember that by mistake Sony put up boxart for the director's cut on the PS Blog when announcing that Heavy Rain was coming out as a greatest hits, but later pulled it down...

Awe rats! I stil have Heavy Rain in my backlog sealed. Maybe I'll just give to my brother for Christmas, so I can get this version. This and Fallout New Vegas are kicking me.

Not worth it. The current version has Move Support and the Taxidermist DLC was okay at best. It'll probably be a downloadable soundtrack as well.

Such an awesome game, but definitely not for everyone. It was such a different experience playing this and I look forward to going through it again with the Move.

They're a bit late with this re-release, but at least it's priced okay

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Not worth it. The current version has Move Support and the Taxidermist DLC was okay at best. It'll probably be a downloadable soundtrack as well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I feel a little better. I watched the Taxidermist DLC on youtube and was kind of glad I didn't preorder it from Gamestop. The soundtrack was the main draw for me when I saw the first post. If it isn't an actual CD then I'm going to really wait on this one.

[quote name='iamsmart']Bonjour! It is I, wan of zee Americuhn childe from Heavy Raine! What is zat you say? Preposteroux! I am totalee Americhun![/QUOTE]

Try the game in French :D

I was really hopeful that "Director's Cut" meant they added some actual new content- mainly, as in they made more episodes for Heavy Rain Chronicles. But really, this more of a "GOTY" than a Director's Cut.

That DLC was a joke. 5 bucks for about 2 minutes of "gameplay"

Still, I did love the game and if this is 39.99 I might pick it up when it's on sale for 25ish

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I was really hopeful that "Director's Cut" meant they added some actual new content- mainly, as in they made more episodes for Heavy Rain Chronicles. But really, this more of a "GOTY" than a Director's Cut.[/QUOTE]

Originally they were going to add more content, but scraped those plans when they added Move support. Now they have moved onto their next project...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Originally they were going to add more content, but scraped those plans when they added Move support. Now they have moved onto their next project...[/QUOTE]

I feel they used their work on Move as a cop-out for not making the DLC. It really didn't take them that long to add Move support, and based on Cage's own comments after the release of the game he felt he was done with HR and needed to move on to something else.

[quote name='Darknuke']lol that part had me worried the game was gonna suck. Thankfully it didn't lol. Heavy Rain is still one of my favorite PS3 games of all time, but damn that part was annoying.[/QUOTE]

Imo that scene from heavy rain and "the laughing scene" from final fantasy 10 are two of the most cringe worthy scenes in gaming history

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I was really hopeful that "Director's Cut" meant they added some actual new content- mainly, as in they made more episodes for Heavy Rain Chronicles. But really, this more of a "GOTY" than a Director's Cut.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I'll be passing on this since I already have the original and the DLC. Good price if you still haven't played this game yet...

Jason! lol, yeah sucks cuz i just got heavy rain from gamefly for 15 cuz i waited long enough. I already have the plat like the week it came out, but i traded it back in asap, but my daughter's been bugging me to get it back for her since then so i finally did... oh wellz

[quote name='JP73']That DLC was a joke. 5 bucks for about 2 minutes of "gameplay"

Still, I did love the game and if this is 39.99 I might pick it up when it's on sale for 25ish[/QUOTE]

It says $29.99 in the OP's title...

Glad I couldn't score a $10 copy at Kmart the other week. I'll wait some more for this edition to hit $20.

Ghetto rented HR it released after hearing people were spoiling the ending all over the internet and I really didn't want to be a victim of that tragedy. Loved it and am ready for another spin on my own copy if the price is ever right.

For those wondering, the soundtrack will definitely be digital.

I wish they took this opportunity to use the EU cover art, it's so much better imo

4195412454_7e8a01c626.jpg

I didn't feel the DLC was worth the price of admission.

Game itself was quite good; I was hooked for a solid weekend. I didn't like the Move controls personally; I went with the DS3.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyone think the current gh edition will drop by 10$ because of this ?[/QUOTE]

God I hope so! Been waiting for this! Loved the demo...

Will be hoping to pick up on BF for $10-15!

Man, I've been holding out soo long in playing this game. I think I'm finally picking it up :bouncy:

And why is this person trying to sell a "director's cut" on Amazon?

[quote name='Wario64']...Seriously? Did you fall asleep while playing the game?[/QUOTE]
lol. Great game I recently finished on my ongoing backlog quest. x2 lol @
Strait edge's ” Jason” bit.

[quote name='dino88']Kind of a pointless release when they backed out on making any more dlc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, choosing to add Move support instead of finishing the DLC was a huge disappointment for me. More story/gameplay > waving an ice cream cone around.

Heavy Rain was definitely one of my favorite games last year, but I'm not sure I'd buy a re-packaging. Most the bonus content I'm sure will be easy to view online.

Also, there's the GH case. Yeah...I'm one of those.

bread's done
Back