[OOS] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition (PS3/Xbox 360) $99.99 shipped

I got one luckily! But I might cancel it if Amazon doesn't offer some form of credit for this game! When do you think they are gonna start shipping these out? I'm assuming by Sunday night it will already be locked for cancellation.

I know Amazon sometimes "tests" putting hot items in stock before going all in on inventory. I bet theyll stock closer to 3am

[quote name='GBAstar']How; they limit these to at most 3 per account[/QUOTE]

I know theres a power seller on eBay that sells amazon dlc codes, he has to have at least 25 accounts.

So, to recap:
a) it's MSRP
b) it's out of stock
c) thread title doesn't clarify that it's the elusive Hardened edition
d) thread title also doesn't include the store name.

Quality thread!

[quote name='darcmasta']I got one luckily! But I might cancel it if Amazon doesn't offer some form of credit for this game! When do you think they are gonna start shipping these out? I'm assuming by Sunday night it will already be locked for cancellation.[/QUOTE]

Activision is prohibiting any credit or gift cards with Call of Duty games. Retailers are getting creative to get around it but you will not see the usual $20 gaming credit or gift card anywhere.

[quote name='Tropicat']Activision is prohibiting any credit or gift cards with Call of Duty games. Retailers are getting creative to get around it but you will not see the usual $20 gaming credit or gift card anywhere.[/QUOTE]

They did this last year too. You just have to come up with a "point" system. Last year Amazon gave you 2,000pts which = a $20 credit.

[quote name='GBAstar']They did this last year too. You just have to come up with a "point" system. Last year Amazon gave you 2,000pts which = a $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

So is Best Buy doing anything with their RZ? Like 2,000 RZ pts??? I haven't heard anything...

My god. I have been watching this like a hawk all week and I have even been checking for it throughout the night. Can't believe I missed it.

[quote name='DJP519']So, to recap:
a) it's MSRP
b) it's out of stock

Quality thread![/QUOTE]

Don't your points a) and c) contridict each other? Being that it's "elusive" as you claim, then finding it at MSRP would be deal, no?

[quote name='bbedwards']My god. I have been watching this like a hawk all week and I have even been checking for it throughout the night. Can't believe I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it i was refreshing the page since i got home, then went to make a sandwich and BAM! Sold out! It sucked.

[quote name='berserker01']Tell me about it i was refreshing the page since i got home, then went to make a sandwich and BAM! Sold out! It sucked.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I made the mistake of not pre-ordering it weeks ago. :whistle2:(

[quote name='MKScorpion']Same here. I made the mistake of not pre-ordering it weeks ago. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I have one from Gamestop, but i need one more for a friend. I did it online, so i don't even know when my game will come.

[quote name='berserker01']I have one from Gamestop, but i need one more for a friend. I did it online, so i don't even know when my game will come.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking about ordering from Walmart's online store, but I think I'll just try my luck at Target, Best Buy, etc., on Tuesday morning.

[quote name='MKScorpion']Yeah, I was thinking about ordering from Walmart's online store, but I think I'll just try my luck at Target, Best Buy, etc., on Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]
Isnt walmart online sold out as well? Couldnt find it.

[quote name='DJP519']So, to recap:
a) it's MSRP
b) it's out of stock

Quality thread![/QUOTE]

Gargus, is that you? :lol:

Not sure why people would buy these up. I would just get the game+4000 msp.

Since because COD Elite (50$ value) will come with the Hardened edition, I don't think there will be any cool $20 GC deals. I would almost be like get the Hardened edition for $80 instead of $100.

I have mine pre ordered from Gamestop and Toys R Us. Getting Dark souls from Gamestop, It took about 2 days for me to get after it shipped. Whichever comes first doesn't get returned to the store.

It also kinda sucks when the deal is just trying to find something at MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vlv723']Gargus, is that you? :lol:

Not sure why people would buy these up. I would just get the game+4000 msp.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RAZORLAND']Since because COD Elite (50$ value) will come with the Hardened edition, I don't think there will be any cool $20 GC deals. I would almost be like get the Hardened edition for $80 instead of $100.

I have mine pre ordered from Gamestop and Toys R Us. Getting Dark souls from Gamestop, It took about 2 days for me to get after it shipped. Whichever comes first doesn't get returned to the store.

It also kinda sucks when the deal is just trying to find something at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

If you guys check out the Kmart stickied thread at the top, I'll think you'll be happy with what they're offering for the standard edition combined with a 4000 point card deal. Plus at a few select Kmarts they're having a midnight release with 4-5 guaranteed Hardened editions for each platform.

[quote name='Bosamba']If you guys check out the Kmart stickied thread at the top, I'll think you'll be happy with what they're offering for the standard edition combined with a 4000 point card deal. Plus at a few select Kmarts they're having a midnight release with 4-5 guaranteed Hardened editions for each platform.[/QUOTE]

I knew that. There are some consumers out there that's there that buys nothing but limited/collectors/anything other than regular edition. I'm not one of them unless they go on sale.

Btw, whos that chick on your avatar?

I'm kinda annoyed by this. I had been refreshing Amazon like all day checking to see if any were back in. Then at like 10oclock I figure they aren't going to put anything up this late so I go upstairs to play BF3. I check CAG at midnight see this thread and that they were already sold out. Total BS. I wish Amazon did stock notifications to your phone or something. Anyway, In the end I guess it's my fault for not preordering sooner. At the time, I didn't want it now I'm not so sure. I have my regular edition preordered but I don't even know if I'll keep that.

Here's my thought process.

• COD4 is one of my top 3 games of all time. Loved everything about it other than the fact it didn't have trophies for PS3
  • When MW2 came out I bought the prestige edition. Not sure why exactly. It was mostly for the COD:C that came with it and I thought the NVG would be cool to display on my desk, but I never even took it out of the box, which is just taking up space in my closet. Steelbooks are cool, but they don't really go with the rest of the game boxes just like the ugly red greatest hits ones so I ended up buying a regular case for it later.
  • When BlackOps came I bought the regular edition and I'm glad I did. The limited editions didn't really offer anything special and I was very disappointed with the online issues (lag hit, hit detection, frame rate). I refused to buy any of the DLC since they couldn't even fix the issues that made this game unplayable for many people. Also, I'm not a huge fan of zombies even though I got all the DLC's for W@W. I didn't like MW2 as much as COD4, but at least I could say it worked properly until it was completely hacked. I can't say that for BO.
  • When MW3 hardened edition was announced I put off preordering because I was still sour from the BO experience and wasn't even sure If I'd be getting MW3 until it was reviewed. I know that MW's are IW and BO was Treyarch but I still have concerns about the online on MW3 being done by Raven & Sledgehammer because Raven screwed up Wolfenstein online and Sledgehammer doesn't have any games in their resume yet.
  • Now I'm thinking of taking a chance on this again and I kinda want the Elite. I don't normally buy DLC unless I absolutely love a game AND the price is right. I probably won't buy it separately, but I guess if I had a hardened edition I wouldn't have to think about it when the time came. Even then, the free Elite is only a year and I wouldn't be renewing it afterwards unless there was a discount. I can't see myself spending $50 every year if there isn't going to be any further dlc.

I've rambled enough. I guess I'll keep checking for the Hardened edition and checking for a credit on the regular edition and decide later Sunday or early Monday.

I still don't get the whole Activision not allowing credits on COD. They say it has to do with MAP but it doesn't. Amazon is still selling the game at the regular price. Amazon still pay $35 or whatever on a $60 game. They still sell it for $60, but Amazon ends up eating $20 on a future purchase which has nothing to do with Activision. And even if this some how does affect it why allow them to do a $10 credit with the PC version?

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']
I still don't get the whole Activision not allowing credits on COD. They say it has to do with MAP but it doesn't. Amazon is still selling the game at the regular price. Amazon still pay $35 or whatever on a $60 game. They still sell it for $60, but Amazon ends up eating $20 on a future purchase which has nothing to do with Activision. And even if this some how does affect it why allow them to do a $10 credit with the PC version?[/QUOTE]From what I've been told the markup on new games leaves retailers with about $10 to $12 of profit after the sale of a $60 game.

I've also wondered the same thing. I can only guess that it upsets other retailers that are unable to match the huge loses taken by Amazon on such deals, and they voice their concerns to Activision. Maybe it's something as far fetched as Activision just doesn't want to perceived value of their cash cow diminished. But yeah, it'd be interesting to find out exactly why things have to play out this way.

[quote name='seether254']:applause: Wow some people are dumb fucks[/QUOTE]
No one actually paid that amount,. It was fake bids and the seller ended the auction.

[quote name='Evolved']No one actually paid that amount,. It was fake bids and the seller ended the auction.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're just screwing with the seller. While he's forced to wait for payment the value of his prerelease copy is dropping quickly.

[quote name='vlv723']Gargus, is that you? :lol:

Not sure why people would buy these up. I would just get the game+4000 msp.[/QUOTE]

4000 MSP = $49.99
COD MW3= $60.00
----------
Total: $109.99

Here you save $10 and get other things and a Steelbook!

[quote name='joshnorm']4000 MSP = $49.99
COD MW3= $60.00
----------
Total: $109.99

Here you save $10 and get other things like DLC stuff and a Steelbook![/QUOTE]

Some are planning to head over to K-mart and get the regular version of the game plus the 4000 points to purchase the DLC pass for a total of $90.

fuck this thread because I missed it last night, but where would I go aside from Kmart that will stock the Hardened Edition? I know Kmart will in very limited amounts. What about Walmart? Best Buy? Target? Toys R Us? Anyone know for sure if any of these stores will be carrying the Hardened Edition at their B&M locations?

[quote name='Wanderlai']I know Amazon sometimes "tests" putting hot items in stock before going all in on inventory. I bet theyll stock closer to 3am[/QUOTE]
I'm going to be pissed if they actually have 900+ copies but removed the listings.

[quote name='Thrinn']Some are planning to head over to K-mart and get the regular version of the game plus the 4000 points to purchase the DLC pass for a total of $90.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but those who don't want to deal with KMart due to past experiences (me) or just it being too far its not plausible.

But its still a hellva great deal (the KMart one)

[quote name='ShockandAww'] Target? [/QUOTE]

I saw 3 ps3 hardened editions in the back at my target. no idea about 360. But they will be there in limited fashion. And not many people visit target at 8am.

[quote name='ShockandAww']fuck this thread because I missed it last night, but where would I go aside from Kmart that will stock the Hardened Edition? I know Kmart will in very limited amounts. What about Walmart? Best Buy? Target? Toys R Us? Anyone know for sure if any of these stores will be carrying the Hardened Edition at their B&M locations?[/QUOTE]

Imo, target can be a great place to pick up special/limited editions, at least in my area. On 2 pre-orders at bestbuy (1 for marvel capcom 2 special edition, and the other for forza)...both time bestbuy fucked up and so I didn't get it from them. With the marvel vs capcom one, I went to target right after leaving my bestbuy (about 10:30 am) and was able to pick up a copy and noticed they had more for both systems. With forza, a couple days after it was released, i saw copies avaialble as well.

I asked my local bestbuy yesterday if they received their shipment yet, and was told they had received enough to fulfil all pre-orders plus would have extra to sale on release. So it will be entirely dependent on how many pre-orders your store has and whether or not if it is considered a low volume store. I know for me, on forza release day (october 11), the gaming supervisor made it a point to show me where I was on the list for forza as well as mw3, I was about 6 and at that time they had about 15 pre-orders for mw3....and my bestbuy is considered a low volume store.

[quote name='jdb230']

I asked my local bestbuy yesterday if they received their shipment yet, and was told they had received enough to fulfil all pre-orders plus would have extra to sale on release. So it will be entirely dependent on how many pre-orders your store has and whether or not if it is considered a low volume store. I know for me, on forza release day (october 11), the gaming supervisor made it a point to show me where I was on the list for forza as well as mw3, I was about 6 and at that time they had about 15 pre-orders for mw3....and my bestbuy is considered a low volume store.[/QUOTE]

Same deal for me...The guys at best buy said to just come to the midnight opening if I wanted the Hardened edition because they usually have a few extra. There wasn't really a list either though because for my store, the midnight opening is just first come first serve if you have a preorder. Last time I went there wasnt even a line until 11:59pm because they just let us roam the entire store while waiting there.

I honestly wouldnt mind buying the Hardened Edition but if I dont get it, its no big deal to me.

bread's done
Back