* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ****

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4321 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Nobody is going to mention last weeks dlc? Primus 4 pack (for the price of three!)

Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Tommy The Cat
South Park Theme ($.99 if purchased separately)

interesting, might be tempted to check this out and see if they also have any others like my name is mud. John the fisherman might be nice as well. 

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#4322 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3933 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:20 PM

They also (tentatively) confirmed "On The Road Again" today. I'm not excited about this pack at all... LOL...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Rocksmith 2014

#4323 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

There was a 20 off when spending 50 deal going on somewhere. Look at the board it might work for Xbox cash.

oh i have plenty of discounted xbox credit. i was just hoping for an opportunity to sweeten the deal even more with a rewards points refund or something.

#4324 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

One thing I realized after picking up a bunch of DLC packs:  It may often be worth it to buy individual songs instead.  For DLC packs you are saving anywhere between 1-3 dollars on a song, but individual songs are 3$ each so it may not always be worth it.  I find that there are certain songs that are just... boring for lack of a better term.  It pays to take some time and youtube the tracks to make sure they are interesting to play, even if it is a song/band you really like.

#4325 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3933 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:29 AM

The third song is Roger Miller "King of the Road"... Definitely a classic, but I think half the song is a snare drum and finger snaps. That song may end up being the worst chart ever in a Rocksmith song... I'll get it, of course, because I want more country eventually, but damn... Wasted opportunity.

Currently Playing:

#4326 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

interesting, might be tempted to check this out and see if they also have any others like my name is mud. John the fisherman might be nice as well. 

They don't. Just those 4 songs he listed (if you even count the South Park theme as one).

#4327 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3933 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted Today, 04:46 PM

5 pack of Volbeat today, all in D Standard... But Fuck that - because that ain't the deal!!! :)

That Bugera 6262-212 120W tube amp from MF that we had seen earlier for 229.99 dropped today to 89.99 with free shipping... The tubes in this bitch are worth more than that. In stock and ready to ship.

http://www.musicians...tt=6262&index=1

OVERVIEW

Loads of midrange, perfect for '80s rock and metal.

The gain structure and tone character of the 6262-212 is built on the same fundamentals as the 6260, but has more midrange, making it perfect for '80s rock and metal. You also get full control of EQ, Presence and Reverb on both channels.

A lot of amp manufacturers call their Treble/Mid/Bass knobs tone controls, but Bugera calls theirs EQ because they spent a lot of time making sure that they each have a unique character. Treble really screams; Mid puts you about six rows into the audience; Low can add more growl than an angry Kodiak bear.

The Presence control is tailored to smooth out your tone or add enough bite to cut through any cymbal. It can bring new life to darker sounding instruments.

Like several other Bugera models, 6262-212 has a modern studio digital reverb to avoid unwanted rumble from vintage springs when you're on a heavily vibrating stage. Bugera auditioned literally hundreds of 24-bit reverb patches and finally settled on a favorite that they thought would be perfect for both lead and rhythm playing. The result is way more versatile and usable.

This model does not feature Infinium technology.

FEATURES
  • Hand-built 120-watt guitar combo driven by 4 x 6L6 valves (convertible to EL34)
  • Two original heavy-duty 12" BUGERA guitar speakers for true vintage sound
  • Classic 2-channel preamp design (Clean, Crunch, Lead) featuring 6 x 12AX7 valves
  • Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control for each channel
  • Independent Equalizer sections for each channel with dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls
  • Classic Presence control per channel for awesome sound shaping
  • Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohm) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
  • Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and FX Loop function include

Call or click to get authentic screaming '80s tone in a modern package.

Currently Playing:

#4328 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted Today, 05:05 PM

Added to cart and was told none available. Maybe best for me as it has some rough reviews and im a new player.

#4329 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:38 PM

I had the same thing happen. So I called them up and they let me place an order as "first in line". So if somebody cancels I get the amp. He says if I don't see it's been shipped within a few days that I have to call back and cancel my order or else it will just sit in limbo. Weird process. Hopefully one person cancels their order

#4330 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted Today, 05:42 PM

that might be interesting to check out when  it's available and on sale again.

Thanks for the heads up on the Volbeat, It has been added to my steam cart.

I will be getting that Volbeat pack at some point. Maybe there will be another dlc sale in the next few months. 

If I change my mind and just can't wait, I will try this out along with the Sublime pack I haven't picked up yet. 

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#4331 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted Today, 06:04 PM

Tried to price match and waitlist it, couldnt do either

#4332 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:14 PM

Tried to price match and waitlist it, couldnt do either

Where did you try to pricematch?

#4333 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

Guitar center, they sold out there too

#4334 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3933 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted Today, 06:31 PM

I saw it and placed an order at 12:40. The SD email came to me at 12:26. I just happened to be sitting at Panera closing tickets on my Surface and was able to jump on and order it. Can't imagine how much louder this will be than my little 5w tube amp...

Currently Playing:

#4335 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted Today, 06:33 PM

Yea i may check back later tonight but for now i think im just sol

#4336 DJP519   Ready for a Vacation CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:19 PM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere in the prior pages, but quick question.  If I own Rocksmith 2014 on both the 360 and the One, and I've already done the import, and now I want to buy more DLC, can I buy it on one platform and get it on both?  If I buy it on the 360, do I also get it on the One?  Thanks.

Also, Volbeat is freaking awesome.

#4337 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:11 PM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere in the prior pages, but quick question.  If I own Rocksmith 2014 on both the 360 and the One, and I've already done the import, and now I want to buy more DLC, can I buy it on one platform and get it on both?  If I buy it on the 360, do I also get it on the One?  Thanks.

Also, Volbeat is freaking awesome.

Yes

DLC carries from last to current gen, not vice versa though.

sladeums.png

#4338 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3933 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted Today, 08:23 PM

Yeah - I buy all my dlc on 360 and then go download it on the one.

Currently Playing:

#4339 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:30 PM

I got an order confirmation (not shipping confirmation) for the Bugera so fingers crossed. Couldn't find it at zzounds or Sam Ash or I might have tried to price match it there. As for the guy putting me on the wait list, I was not only the first one but I let him talk me into the protection plan for an extra $10. Maybe that was the extra push he needed

#4340 DJP519   Ready for a Vacation CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:32 PM

Yes

DLC carries from last to current gen, not vice versa though.

Yeah - I buy all my dlc on 360 and then go download it on the one.

I knew this was designed to work for existing DLC when you first imported songs into Xbox One, but I wasn't sure if it worked continuously for any future DLC purchases as well.  Thanks for the confirmation!