* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** $12 thru the Ubi Store

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#151 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2265 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the advice, Smiley.

It's on the top of my list for amps now.

Enjoy the beer, and have one on me. Wish I could join you for one, as I'm at work. Damnit.

It's all good my man, but a toast for us all! *glug* :D

#152 hhhdx4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

so can anyone talk about the lag using HDMI? That's the only thing that has kept me from buying this game.
Posted Image

#153 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

From what I've heard hhhdx4, you need to run analog audio out of the system for the game to eliminate the lag issues.

I've heard that from quite a few people and they have all said that when you run analog audio, things work great.

#154 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2265 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Oh, and since this is the Rocksmith deals thread now, it will be $49.99 (PS3 and Xbox 360) in the Amazon lightning deals at 4:15 PST.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm actually really interested in this and how it feels while actually playing. I've seen a few vids, and though I already have my personal critiques, in terms of the aesthetics, I really want to get hands-on. And this is a good price point. Here's hoping I'm awake for it. :lol:

It's funny...years ago, while having a cig with a co-worker and he was talking about GH/Rock Band....I mentioned to him how the next step will be the implementation of utilizing real guitar playing will occur within the niche demographic of this genre. Specifically utilizing real instruments via 1/4 cables-USB interface .

He thought I was crazy....well....WHO"S LAUGHING NOW JOHN!!!

This genre will expand to various other instruments. The goal is (or should be) to create local and/or online bands to compete via online MP to then teach everyone how to play well with each other. Basically...and band version of this.

I for one...am totally amped for such a thing. It will happen...just give it time! And if done right (here's looking at you fucking producers at Ubi), it could have the potential of breaking new ground at how bands come together that would otherwise be impossible using this tech. If only I was employed at Ubi...

Sorry...I just get really excited anytime anyone ventures into the realm of music/arts. :D

#155 EdgeCrusher36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

EdgeCrusher36

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

I picked up both rocksmith and the Dean XMT as per recommendations in this thread, and very pleased with both. I do need to try the audio output though as I have tried the HDMI on two tvs. One was decent in terms of lag, and one was god awful. Might just end up hooking my turtle beach headset up and using it with the xbox audio output adapter.

#156 hhhdx4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

From what I've heard hhhdx4, you need to run analog audio out of the system for the game to eliminate the lag issues.

I've heard that from quite a few people and they have all said that when you run analog audio, things work great.

So just to clarify, I would either need to use my components cables rather than the HDMI or have the audio run through a separate speaker system?
Posted Image

#157 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

If you run the audio to a receiver, there should be no issues in sending video to the HDMI on the TV and audio to the reciever.

If you run everything into the TV then you would need to use component cables so that the audio is split out via analog.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do it all on mine.

As for the future of the genre, Smiley. I'm just curious as to how they'll work it out for the drums. If I use something like my Ion drum rocker kit, that could really work well. Real kits? Ugh.

#158 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3162 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

EDIT: Dead now.

Edited by Jackie Chandler, 25 November 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#159 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3009 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

Oh, and since this is the Rocksmith deals thread now, it will be $49.99 (PS3 and Xbox 360) in the Amazon lightning deals at 4:15 PST.

Updated OP. Thanks

It's funny...years ago, while having a cig with a co-worker and he was talking about GH/Rock Band....I mentioned to him how the next step will be the implementation of utilizing real guitar playing will occur within the niche demographic of this genre. Specifically utilizing real instruments via 1/4 cables-USB interface .

I for one...am totally amped for such a thing. It will happen...just give it time! And if done right (here's looking at you fucking producers at Ubi), it could have the potential of breaking new ground at how bands come together that would otherwise be impossible using this tech. If only I was employed at Ubi...

Well. UBi is working on implementing Bass. Right now, I'd be happy if they mixed in more Chuck Berry

So just to clarify, I would either need to use my components cables rather than the HDMI or have the audio run through a separate speaker system?

Running Audio thru analog is the key to eliminate lag. I couldn't fit HDMI and component cables at the same time without ripping off the shielding on one of the cables. So I just settled on using the component cables.

#160 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2721 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

Squire Affinity Strats....Squires in general are not what they used to be, for many, many reasons. Also, please don't fall into the trap of thinking that paying more automatically = a better instrument. Truth be told, the Dean Vendetta XMT is by far a superior instrument than a Squire Affinity...and for less. Better materials, better craftsmanship.

Now, if you're someone that really believes they will stick with the guitar and want to make a more long-term investment with a truly superior instrument, be prepared to pay more than just a $60 premium. A lot more. But it simply isn't necessary.

For someone starting out, you only need something that works well. That's it. I've dealt with people and co-workers that barely have started and spent way more than needed, not only on their guitar...but on amps as well. For instance, one guy ended up buying a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier half-stack. This is an outstanding amplifier...but the guy didn't even have the foggiest idea on where to begin with it. I guess he bought it because he thought it would make him look cool by being able to hit a power chord and shatter windows and blow people's hair back.

Too much too soon.

Keep it simple. A great guitar player can make even the shittiest instrument sing like an angel. That is a saying I was told from a dear friend that I will never forget. Basically, the guitar itself isn't what defines the player...the instrument is only the vehicle the player uses to channel outwardly the passion within. I really hope you all have fun with this....and in time you'll see that' it's a hell of a lot more than just a series of exercises and memorization. It's about release, from the gut, from the heart, from the soul. It's a reward you honestly can't place a price on. Cheers! \m/

Well I thought that the Affinity was better because it had some better materials (says Alder wood), but let's scrap that because I think I see a super deal.

How about this Dean Vendetta?
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001H321DI/
The main difference I see between this and the other Vendetta is the use of 3 single coils instead of 2 humbuckers. Should I consider this one or stick to the other?

Also any recommendations on ipod apps and connectors? I figured since I'm going to make a lot of noise at first, I should at least keep it to my self before getting an amp :)

#161 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thanks OP, I'm really on the verge of getting this since I'm feeling the PC version release will be delayed.
Posted Image

#162 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

Thanks OP, I'm really on the verge of gettin this since ther aren't any news whatsoever for the PC version.

The PC version is due to hit sometime next month. I'm on the PR list for the game and they've told me middle of the December. Sadly that version isn't getting much press.

I'll probably order the 360 version today, as I have Microsoft points to burn in case I want to buy some additional DLC later.

#163 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

If anyone needs any help with buying guitars or has a question about one, or even if one is worth the money, just post on my wall or PM me. I've been playing for seven years. I'll be glad to help you out.

Amazon also sold one of those Les Paul Jr's for $99 this morning. You guys can learn on your own for free! The game makes more initiative for you to learn though. I might buy it for fun later on.

#164 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Thanks OP, I'm really on the verge of getting this since I'm feeling the PC version release will be delayed.

I'd go with the PC version, just because they'll be all kinds of modded content for it down the road.

Also, pardon the DP.

#165 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

I'm just not certain of the modding aspect of the PC Version. I'd love to see someone do something like that with it, but not sure how open UBIsoft is going to be with it.

#166 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22408 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

So this game will work with any electric guitar? I'm tempted to give it a try - I have a guitar that I've really wanted to get back into...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#167 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2721 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

If anyone needs any help with buying guitars or has a question about one, or even if one is worth the money, just post on my wall or PM me. I've been playing for seven years. I'll be glad to help you out.

Amazon also sold one of those Les Paul Jr's for $99 this morning. You guys can learn on your own for free! The game makes more initiative for you to learn though. I might buy it for fun later on.

How about this guitar? http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001H321DI/

It's also an extra 15% off.

#168 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I'm just not certain of the modding aspect of the PC Version. I'd love to see someone do something like that with it, but not sure how open UBIsoft is going to be with it.

Probably not, but modders are going to do what modders want to do. Look at Guitar Hero. That game has been modded for anything.

There is a program called Guitar Pro for your computer which plays tabs, and is basically the same thing, just no guitar input.

How about this guitar? http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001H321DI/

It's also an extra 15% off.

I replied to your PM. As I said, if you're just buying one to play this game, it's probably a safe bet. Dean really doesn't make the best guitar ever. But for $85, its a good buy and good to learn on.

If you really want to learn though, I'd suggest getting a small practice amp with it.

#169 Huggybear1688   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Huggybear1688

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

I went with this one http://www.amazon.co...22265942&sr=1-1 for a christmas present for little brother who wants to try guitar as well as I would try it out as well for rocksmith. hope it's a decent start guitar sounded pretty good from youtube vids i seen as well as good reviews, 100 OOT with 15% off

#170 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3370 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

So where is the amazon deal?
Posted Image

#171 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Lightning deals. EZB.

Don't know if they're all claimed. I'm just trying to make up my mind between the PS3 and 360 version. No real reason to go with either.

#172 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16259 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

So where is the amazon deal?

it's there.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#173 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

I have a cheap guitar (electric) given to me with an amp. Not the greatest thing in the world, but I imagine it will work for this game. I went ahead and bit for $50. After digging, it appears my guitar is a Dean, too. Wasn't expecting much for the grand price of free. Hoping this Rocksmith is an investment as I need feedback to progress, but hate getting a tutor.

76561197985623817.png

#174 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22408 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

I bit... Or rather my mother-in-law bit for me for Christmas. She is always looking to get me something so I made it easy this year. Can't play until Christmas though...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#175 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

Still 42% available according to the counter.

My copy is on the way. I'm totally geeked up to start playing with my guitar and the game.

#176 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3370 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

By the way, I recently got this amplifier - great deal

http://www.musicians...h05532000001000

I'd also recommend this one
http://www.amazon.co...ickdeals&sr=8-1
Posted Image

#177 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

15 minutes left. Still available.

#178 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3009 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

15 minutes left. Still available.

^ what he said. both versions are still there

UPDATE: Amazon deal dead. Now to wait and see if they repeat it on Cyber Monday.

Gamestop and Guitar Center should still be good though

Edited by rbarba4, 26 November 2011 - 01:27 AM.
update

#179 youngavatar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

youngavatar

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

I got rocksmith 29.99 (with 20 giftcard) from amazon so I'm happy. plus i got my guitar already paid $50 for it.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#180 porieux   Brutal CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

I snagged Rocksmith for $50, and since I had $90 in rewards points from my Amazon CC I was $0 out of pocket.

I've been playing guitar for years so this should be interesting.