* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** OG Rocksmith for $9, PC only ****

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#2761 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm definetly picking this up. So it'll cost me three couch dances, big deal.

#2762 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Showing available on Guitarcenter.com and gamestop.com.

Both stores also show it available in-store so guess that's the best option.

http://www.guitarcen...se&src=bandfuse

http://www.gamestop....-bandfuse,28zu0

Me, I'll wait.

Here's BF's store page

http://store.bandfuse.com/

#2763 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

My gamestop has it, just picked it up. Will be a little while until I get to try it out (got a newborn right now).

#2764 thecatinthehat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

thecatinthehat

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Looks like Green Day "Basket Case", "Warning" and "Hitchin' A Ride" tomorrow... and probably a Japanese DLC, as well.

Cool. Where did you see this? I probably won't pick it up until it goes on sale because I'd really only want Basket Case

#2765 harrykid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

LOL I love how this thread is always on the first page. We got all these great deals black friday right around the corner and...... rocksmith deals

#2766 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

New DLC Day!!!   Green Day <VS> B'z ... FIGHT! :boxing: (feels like something outta Scott Pilgrim)

Green Day - American Idiot

Green Day - Basket Case

Green Day - Oh Love

B'z - Easy Come, Easy Go!

B'z - Giri Giri Chop

B'z - juice

*Song packs also available for Green Day and B'z, for a slight discount

#2767 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

LOL I love how this thread is always on the first page. We got all these great deals black friday right around the corner and...... rocksmith deals

Who cares about the other deals? Videogames won't get you laid, but mastering a guitar will. :)

#2768 GaminFanatic   CAG Apprentice CAG Veteran   48 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

GaminFanatic

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'll pick up Basket Case for sure, and I might bite on American Idiot. Definite pass on Oh Love. And I have no idea who or what B'z is.

#2769 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'll pick up Basket Case for sure, and I might bite on American Idiot. Definite pass on Oh Love. And I have no idea who or what B'z is.

You know what's crazy? The B'z have sold like 70 million albums worldwide. They are a HUGE Japanese group...

I bought the same 2 songs you're considering. I thought the new song sucked.

#2770 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

You know what's crazy? The B'z have sold like 70 million albums worldwide. They are a HUGE Japanese group...

I bought the same 2 songs you're considering. I thought the new song sucked.

I went ahead and purchased the full GD song pack. I listened to the BZ tracks on youtube. I wasn't feeling it at all. I do like a couple of Hotei tracks though.

#2771 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

I went ahead and purchased the full GD song pack. I listened to the BZ tracks on youtube. I wasn't feeling it at all. I do like a couple of Hotei tracks though.

Thinking I'll do the GD pack too.

And B'z Juice is the only other one I might try, but not until I see a playthru vid of the entire song.  Also noticed that one of the other songs was used in the Detective Conan anime.

Hope they focus on that more if they're gonna bring over more Japanese songs.

Number 1 on my list would be Dai-gard's theme song:  quick, fast & fun

Then there are others like one of the intro songs for FullMetalAlchemist and another song for one of the Appleseed movies.  I think all of those were from fairly successful Japanese bands.  Hell, for all I know they might be from B'z

I don't care to know what they're saying as long as I'm having fun playing it.

#2772 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

Someone on amazon gave the xbox version of bandfuse a 5 out of 5, and another person gave the ps3 a 1 out of 5.

#2773 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Mostly positive reviews so far for xbox and ps3 versions of Bandfuse. I believe that one bad review is from someone who's upset that Bandfuse isn't EXACTLY like Rocksmith.

#2774 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

If anything, BF should help speed up your ability to process tab notes :)

And it seems like those user reviews are coming from the same people who wanted RS to implement tab.

I'll still wait for some site reviews and general gameplay vids.  Those should start popping up by the end of the week

#2775 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Mostly positive reviews so far for xbox and ps3 versions of Bandfuse. I believe that one bad review is from someone who's upset that Bandfuse isn't EXACTLY like Rocksmith.

I wouldn't put too much faith in anonymous user reviews. So far it's been 2 days since release and I haven't seen a single reputable gaming site review this thing. Normally publishers/devs send websites a copy of the game about a week or so early so that they can review it before it releases. When they don't do that, it generally means they're not confident in their own product and worried it'll get bad reviews.

If you're really on the fence about it just go ahead and purchase it, but I would be pretty cautious if I were you. I expect this thing to get a price drop before the end of the year.

#2776 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I agree w/ IZ. I haven't found any reviews for it. That usually means to stay away. I'm going to try it out on Saturday. My buddy has it, but he hasn't played it yet. I'll let you guys know my thoughts next week. 

#2777 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

OK, I remember reading a statement from BF that they improved on the RS experience by eliminating lag.  Sorta implying that they're programming juju would resolve those issues.

But then I see this on their site

http://home.bandfuse.com/media/176542

which is pretty much the same answer RS had back in 2011.  

BTW, they have another vid for 360 owners & they show off a little dongle for audio output.  

I wouldn't put too much faith in anonymous user reviews. So far it's been 2 days since release and I haven't seen a single reputable gaming site review this thing. Normally publishers/devs send websites a copy of the game about a week or so early so that they can review it before it releases. When they don't do that, it generally means they're not confident in their own product and worried it'll get bad reviews.

Reviews of the OG Rocksmith took a day or two to come out.  And the more credible reviewers took a bit longer so that they could spend adequate time with it.  So I think the same thing is happening with BF.

But yeah, the ZERO review thing makes you think it's a stinker.  Realta did themselves no favors by hooking up with Mastiff, purveyors of such classics like "Major League Eating:  The Game".

Game sites probably saw the words Bandfuse + Mastiff on their release lists, said NO Thank you [-( and went back to their PS4/X1

I agree w/ IZ. I haven't found any reviews for it. That usually means to stay away. I'm going to try it out on Saturday. My buddy has it, but he hasn't played it yet. I'll let you guys know my thoughts next week. 

Thanks.  It'll be good to know your impressions.

I get the feeling that BF will be really good at teaching you specific songs but not so good at building up playing skills.  More helpful for those who have been playing instead of the outright beginner.

#2778 GaminFanatic   CAG Apprentice CAG Veteran   48 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

GaminFanatic

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Amazon's Warehouse Deals has Rocksmith 2014 cable bundle for $51.44 in good condition on the PS3, if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if I'll bite yet, I'm really counting on a Black Friday deal. But an extra cable could come in handy, I've heard that they're not super reliable...?

#2779 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

This is supposedly the rest of the Japanese centric DLC to come:

Shinsekai (New World) ACIDMAN

Easy Come, Easy GO! B’z

Giri Giri Chop B’z

juice B’z

stupid The Birthday 

Earphone GOLDEN BOMBER 

Mental Death GOLDEN BOMBER

Memeshikute GOLDEN BOMBER

I want to be easy (Yasashiku naritai) Kazuyoshi Saito

Liar ONE OK ROCK

NO SCARED ONE OK ROCK

PARADOX Gymnastics (PARADOX Taiso) RIZE

ROCKSTEADY STRAIGHTENER

From Noon Till Dawn STRAIGHTENER ft. Tabu Zombie & Kunikazu Tanaka 

New light (Atarashii Hikari) 9mm Parabellum Bullet

Punishment 9mm Parabellum Bullet

I have no idea what any of these songs are. They're all Japanese to me. :)

I went around having to buy extra cables by hooking up my wireless unit. They're inexpensive and I am still on my RS day 1 cable after like 800 hours of play.

#2780 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Amazon's Warehouse Deals has Rocksmith 2014 cable bundle for $51.44 in good condition on the PS3, if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if I'll bite yet, I'm really counting on a Black Friday deal. But an extra cable could come in handy, I've heard that they're not super reliable...?

Thats what I've heard too, but mine still works fine. It's kinda heavy so I bet the people who've had it fail had their consoles sitting back from the shelf allowing the cable to get pinched under its own weight on the shelf. My Xbox sits almost all the way forward so the cable just basically falls straight to the floor. Don't know for sure. Just a theory

#2781 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

For the more experienced players out there.....I received an email last night from Zzounds. The Gibson SG 70s (Humbucker) & 50's (P90s) Tributes are on sale for $539 shipped. This is a ridiculous price for a very nice guitar. I played one not too long ago & I really liked it. I think it would complement my SG Standard. Anyway, I thought you guys might like to scoop one up. It would make a great addition to anyone's arsenal. Zzounds 70's Zzounds 50's Here is a link to the guitar on Sweetwater. They have such great pictures

#2782 tcleary   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

anyone here tried using the Rock Splitter RS-1?  

http://www.pulsewave...cs.com/RS-1.php

weird that you can't order it.  there is probably a similar product that does the same thing.  I actually bought a Morley ABC but it is too noisy.  I suspect because it is bidirectional.  

The idea is to split the guitar signal to send one line to a guitar amp or modeler and send the other line using the rocksmith cable and then turn down the guitar volume in rocksmith so you have zero lag.  If anyone is aware of a splitter that works well I'm curious.  I can definitely recommend to not buy the morley ABC

#2783 harrykid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I bought Rock Band 3 with its "real guitar" and I thought it sucked and my fingers were just too dang stubby for that thing. My friend said I should try bass is that true?

#2784 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

I bought Rock Band 3 with its "real guitar" and I thought it sucked and my fingers were just too dang stubby for that thing. My friend said I should try bass is that true?

I'd say so.  I've tried for a long time to play guitar and my fingers just don't work with it.  I have "webbed" fingers - they're long knuckle to tip, but the connecting skin is unusually high and makes them seem short and not very dexterous.  I couldn't do any chords to save my life.  I decided to give bass a try, and while I'm not a pro by any means, in just a few weeks with Rocksmith I've 90%+ mastered many songs. Far FAR FAR easier than 6-string, IMO.

The only problem I'm having is I developed a nasty habit of sliding, instead of stepping frets.  It's those damned fingers!

#2785 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Looks like Amazon is going to have RS2014 PC for $40 on BF.  Found in the spreadsheet in the OP here:

http://www.cheapassg...dreds-of-deals/

This is the 1st deal I've seen on it aside from GMG's standard coupons.  Also, I've got 3 copies of the original RS for PS3 if anybody is interested in a backup copy (no cable, I'm keeping those).  Just throw me a couple of bucks & postage if you want one.

#2786 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

For the more experienced players out there.....I received an email last night from Zzounds. The Gibson SG 70s (Humbucker) & 50's (P90s) Tributes are on sale for $539 shipped. This is a ridiculous price for a very nice guitar.

Looks like they're getting rid of the 2013 Gibson models.  I was just looking at these and the LPs.  

I'd be more tempted if I hadn't grabbed a 60s trib LP (2011model) last year :D

anyone here tried using the Rock Splitter RS-1?  

http://www.pulsewave...cs.com/RS-1.php

weird that you can't order it.  there is probably a similar product that does the same thing.  I actually bought a Morley ABC but it is too noisy.  I suspect because it is bidirectional.  

I've been meaning to buy the Radial ABY switcher, but keep finding other things to spend my money on.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=radial aby

Reviews I read on the Morley  lead me to the Radial.  It has a reverse switch that's suppose to kill off the buzz.  But like I said, haven't bought it or tried it yet.

Bass can be easier to play.

But I wouldn't use the RB3 Squier as a the only measure of whether you can play guitar.  It's a cool piece of tech but not so hot as a regular guitar.  

I don't exactly have spiderlegs for fingers either and I've found a way to play guitar.  Just takes practice and time.  Also a good idea to stretch out your hand and fingers to get things moving easier.

And another thing you'll want to do is try guitars from other brands.  You'll eventually start to notice that the frets, string spacing and the neck vary from one brand to another (as well as within the same brand).  

Hardest part is knowing what's the right fit and the only way you'll learn is by picking one guitar and using it for a while, then moving on to another model and using it for a while. 

#2787 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I've had my original cable since the 2011 Rocksmith and it works great. Shouldn't be a problem if you don't abuse it, but if you just want an extra cable I'm sure you can find a good deal online.

#2788 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

They also have the Gibson Min-ETune guitar for $659 - it tunes itself automatically when you select the tuning on the back on the headstock... Seems like a pretty cool gadget - especially with all the alternate tunings in RS2014...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBRSGTRF

#2789 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sweetwater has dropped the prices too. Sweetwater is around $20-$40 cheaper than Zzounds & AMS. The blowout is from Gibson. Prices should start to fall everywhere soon. Happy hunting.

#2790 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

They also have the Gibson Min-ETune guitar for $659 - it tunes itself automatically when you select the tuning on the back on the headstock... Seems like a pretty cool gadget - especially with all the alternate tunings in RS2014...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBRSGTRF

That thing is awesome. It's like it was taylor made for this game and its annoyingly picky tuner. I just wish the thing didn't have those big ugly yellow/brown/earwax colored pegs on it. Just doesn't fit the guitar. One of the videos shows a white Les Paul model with the tuning system and it also has the ugly pegs.