* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** STEAM sale - Game & DLC songs

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4441 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

The standout for me would be the irig 2 from Sam ash for $25 http://www.samash.co...tCatEntryType=2 Cheapest I've seen it, although I have seen it for that price on eBay. If I hadn't already been dropping so much cash lately I'd get it. Been wanting a better way to record onto my phone

#4442 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

Sam Ash also has the Scarlett 2i2 recording interface for $99. This thing is pretty much the standard for recording into a computer. It is a solid $149 all the time. First time I've ever seen a sale on it. Probably picking it up today...

#4443 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:46 AM

Sigh... think I went 2 years without buying gear.  That melody maker though...

EDIT: got one in TV Yellow :bouncy: .  I'll post pics once I get the chance.

Current Playlist:

:wiiu:  +++++  Mario Kart 8 + DLC - almost forgot I pre-ordered the dlc            :3ds:  +++++   SteamWorld Dig - oh so good!

:360:  +++++  DustMagnet 5000                                                                         :xb1:  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 REMASTERED!

:ps4:  +++++  GTA V-Return to Arkham-NBA Playgrounds              

#4444 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

Cyber Monday deals are pretty much the same as the BF deals.  At least, I'm not noticing anything different (big surprise)

BestBuy still has Rocksmith 2014 for $35 ($28 if you have GCU) :xb1:  :ps4:

http://www.bestbuy.c...s=960&keys=keys

This should be the game+cable bundle, based on the box art alone.

EDIT: might have missed these last time, but they're on sale at GuitarCenter right now.  Haven't seen either of these at this price in a while.

Epi Les Paul Jr. in alpine white @$99

http://www.guitarcen...Guitar-White.gc

Epi Les Paul Jr. in trans blue @$99

http://www.guitarcen...on-LP-Junior.gc

EDIT #2: Music & Arts has a 20% off coupon (good on anything 99 or over)  - CMTWNTY.

The real kicker... they had the Union Jack Sheraton on clearance and when I applied the coupon, it knocked it down to the mid $400's :hot: .  Too bad it's out of stock.  But maybe you'll get lucky and find something else to use it on.

EDIT #2.5: just tried out the Line 6 variax guitar and the code works.  So, pretty good coupon to try.

Current Playlist:

:wiiu:  +++++  Mario Kart 8 + DLC - almost forgot I pre-ordered the dlc            :3ds:  +++++   SteamWorld Dig - oh so good!

:360:  +++++  DustMagnet 5000                                                                         :xb1:  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 REMASTERED!

#4445 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

I snagged a Scarlett 2i2 today at GC on a PM to MF. ;)

Also, we get a 3 pack of Skillet tomorrow. While a lot of the web tabs are in drop C, the official tabs seem to be Drop D. I'll probably pick up the pack if it's all Drop D.

#4446 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13948 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

That white Junior is hot fire.

Achievement and trophy hunters? GTFO.

#4447 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

So, I just picked up a copy of PS3 Rocksmith with cord at Target on clearance for $8.98 thinking it might be a good bridge to get back into playing guitar. I was beginning to learn bass guitar many a year ago and never really went anywhere else with it. Now my 4-String Ibanez guitar just sits in the basement collecting dust.  

The version I got has box art that looks like this:

http://edgecast.lvlu..._1351280663.jpg

Can anyone who is experienced with it tell me if this version supports bass guitar or not? Or is it too old? It doesn't explicitly say if it supports it or not on the box.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#4448 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

That looks like the original release, so no bass (the bass version looks almost identical but has a little bubble saying "guitar & bass"). 

You'd have to buy the bass expansion. I DON"T recommend you buy the expansion.  Better off putting that money towards the RS2014 version since that would include bass tracks.

Current Playlist:

#4449 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

That looks like the original release, so no bass (the bass version looks almost identical but has a little bubble saying "guitar & bass"). 

You'd have to buy the bass expansion. I DON"T recommend you buy the expansion.  Better off putting that money towards the RS2014 version since that would include bass tracks.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. 

Lets say I want to still give this version a shot (unless it's garbage compared to the 2014 version...) are those guitars for $99 at Guitar Center worth it as a starter? The ones you provided links on in an earlier post...  I'm not opposed to starting over and learning a 6-string guitar. The "junior" listed in the name has be a bit concerned as I am 6'2" 300lbs... I don't want to get a tiny guitar and feel awkward playing it. 

Thanks again.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#4450 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:23 AM

Those juniors are fine. They're full scale - not minis.

The old RS has its charms, but 2014 is where it's at. Good thing is that if you continue to play, when you get 2014 you have an extra cable and can buy the transfer pack to move most of the RS 1 songs to 2014 for $10...

#4451 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Obligatory crappy pics incoming:

C8B0D9ED-7B6F-4467-95B1-AB400D8BE67F_zps

9BD90649-1741-4505-856C-D0DBD4434C78_zps4B0A918A-E4F1-4521-A47F-D561CB02CE4A_zps

Ok. Thanks for the advice. 

Lets say I want to still give this version a shot (unless it's garbage compared to the 2014 version...) are those guitars for $99 at Guitar Center worth it as a starter? The ones you provided links on in an earlier post...  I'm not opposed to starting over and learning a 6-string guitar. The "junior" listed in the name has be a bit concerned as I am 6'2" 300lbs... I don't want to get a tiny guitar and feel awkward playing it. 

Thanks again.

Like Crazed said, these LP Jr's are full scale guitars and are fine for Rocksmith.  The junior refers to the fact that this has less features than a regular Les Paul.  Pretty much a marketing ploy to sell more guitars back in the 50's, but the Junior line developed it's own following and kick ass in their own way.

If this feels small to you, then you're gonna find that a whole mess of guitars are gonna feel small.  Best I can tell ya is... go out to guitar center or some other music store and start holding different models until you find one you're comfortable with.

In my case, I have 2 of these:  A cherry sunburst that I got with Rocksmith (the og BestBuy deal that started this entire thread) and a trans blue that I got as a gift.  These are the two I tend to play the most and I think it's because they are solid guitars and I don't worry too much if they get knocked around so they're always at the ready.  Where as my other guitars are in cases and while it sounds silly, it can be a drag to pull one out and get it ready to play

Current Playlist:

#4452 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

That's a beauty, Frosty! Now if we could only see some of the other gems in your collection... ;)

I love those thread because of helpful NG people get into guitars and all the camaraderie we've built over the years. I hate that it always reminds me of the Best Buy sale and I know I'll never see anything like that again... :)

#4453 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

FYI, the cyber Monday coupon code for Music & Arts is still working(CMTWNTY), even though it's not listed on the site anymore.  When I tested it, it worked on everything except for Fender products (sorry Crazed).

And since Crazed mentioned it, here are some of the guitars I've admitted to owning :lol: .In the following order:

-blue sparkle Squier strat HH (turns out this was my last purchase prior the Melody Maker,4th of July 2k14)

-Couch straps (photo was still in my library, yellow one is on my new purchase)

-Epiphone Swingster (when it was minty fresh outta the box)

-Hofner 185 solidbody bass

-Hofner Galaxie 6 string

-Schecter Damian (amazon special model)

-Schecter PT

-Schecter Stargazer

-Epiphone Les Paul Jr in trans blue

Some day I'll bother to take good photos... some day.

f31ecc4b-9e8d-40e4-bceb-41674f6dd3f8_zps

d43665b2-b195-4d68-a269-d3c29c452096_zps

87e95d2c-3947-467b-b7f5-9a9e9c8cfb22_zps

3882BEDD-0A84-4FAE-B3C7-55BAD226F5CA-224

FF65918A-AC03-426A-AA0B-1856911BE7E3-224

EB23FEC3-1A5F-4F9A-9293-CA1AC9D76C6B-173

0CAE3C17-DB58-4B2D-A9F4-58DE7CAFC183-173

FAB58367-0755-46E5-894F-15743CD2F12E-170

blueLP01.jpg

Current Playlist:

#4454 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

I can't believe nobody has noticed there's a major flaw with all of those guitars

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#4455 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

That I own them...

Spoiler

Current Playlist:

#4456 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

3 pack of Tenacious D this week...

On 12/22, there will be a 6 pack of Stone Temple Pilots. Dan let us know yesterday. He didn't want it construed as a rush to make money off of Scott Weiland's passing. The DLC had been in the chute, so to speak, for months. It just happened that Scott passed away this week and the DLC was already scheduled for 12/22.

#4457 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hey Frosty - where did you get your Couch straps? Did you get a deal on them? I love them. I think I may need one (or two... or six).

#4458 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

Guitar Center is now holding a Black Friday 2, "electric boogaloo" sale ;) . 

They added another flavor to the Epi Les Paul Jr sale. Now  you can choose from Cherry, White and Trans Blue for the same $99.99 price.

Cherry

http://www.guitarcen...ctric-Guitar.gc

White

http://www.guitarcen...Guitar-White.gc

Trans Blue

http://www.guitarcen...on-LP-Junior.gc

Hey Frosty - where did you get your Couch straps? Did you get a deal on them? I love them. I think I may need one (or two... or six).

I got them straight from their site.

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/

Once a year they have a sale (IIRC, it was a 25%off coupon code).  Been sooo busy that I completely forgot about the sale this year or else I would have bought a couple more. 

Now I gotta wait 'til it rolls around again... personally like the Racer X and Western straps the most.

Side Note: 

Posting those pics the other day made me bust out a couple of those guitars.  They had been out of rotation, just because...

Missed them, ya know.

Current Playlist:

#4459 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:17 PM

Oh. Hell. Yes...

5 pack of Motley Crue coming Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break out the Aquanet and spandex, bitches!!!

#4460 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:16 AM

Anyone looking to upgrade should check out the Ibanez that guitar center has on sale.  Gonna expire soon.

http://www.guitarcen...387812741313.gc

Only the natural finish is on sale for $250 (normally $400).  About 5 hours left on the deal.

Current Playlist:

#4461 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Are there any really cheap guitars anyone would recommend?  I've been thinking about buying a cheap guitar to try out and see if I like it, with Rocksmith 2014, though I wouldn't want to invest too much in case learning/playing guitar doesn't really click with me.

If I go with something like this one on Amazon, will that work for learning purposes, or would I be screwing myself over? http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002RXXOX8/

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

Super Blackout released a while ago on PS Vita for $4.99.  Full PlayStation TV support.

Now working on a PS4/Vita platformer, coming soon.

#4462 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13948 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

Think I'm going for an EP-100 in a few months. In cherry Sunburst.

You can buy songs with Xbox spacebux, right?

Achievement and trophy hunters? GTFO.

#4463 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

Are there any really cheap guitars anyone would recommend?  I've been thinking about buying a cheap guitar to try out and see if I like it, with Rocksmith 2014, though I wouldn't want to invest too much in case learning/playing guitar doesn't really click with me.

If I go with something like this one on Amazon, will that work for learning purposes, or would I be screwing myself over? http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002RXXOX8/

That's really NOT a good option.  Gonna be as bad as the majority of those First Act guitars... and those are terrible.

It may be old advice but still good advice is the Dean Vendetta xmt

http://www.amazon.co...s=dean vendetta

Dean Evo is another choice, if you'd rather have a different body type

The nice thing about these two is that they're not too pricey (usually 100) and they're really solid models.  If you stick with it you'll find that these will serve you for a good long while. You might find used ones for $50, considering how many people picked up that model back when RS first released.  Might be worth it to check pawn shops or the used sections of music stores.

Current Playlist:

#4464 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

That's really NOT a good option.  Gonna be as bad as the majority of those First Act guitars... and those are terrible.

It may be old advice but still good advice is the Dean Vendetta xmt

Dean Evo is another choice, if you'd rather have a different body type

The nice thing about these two is that they're not too pricey (usually 100) and they're really solid models.  If you stick with it you'll find that these will serve you for a good long while. You might find used ones for $50, considering how many people picked up that model back when RS first released.  Might be worth it to check pawn shops or the used sections of music stores.

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice.  The Dean Vendetta XMT looks good (not that I have any clue about anything concerning guitars at all).  I'm going to do some more research and strongly consider picking that one up.

Josh1billion.png

Super Blackout released a while ago on PS Vita for $4.99.  Full PlayStation TV support.

#4465 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ended up going with the Dean Vendetta XMT as aFrostyONE recommended.  I went with this bundle and found a coupon code for 8% off, not bad: http://www.guitarcen...273887987617.gc

Josh1billion.png

#4466 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

There's a local retailer here who is clearing out their Peavey inventory at half off and they have a 6505 combo for $325. Must...resist...

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#4467 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

Ended up going with the Dean Vendetta XMT as aFrostyONE recommended.  I went with this bundle and found a coupon code for 8% off, not bad: http://www.guitarcen...273887987617.gc

Congrats :beer: .

Don't expect you'll need to do much tweaking to get the guitar playing, other than tuning it up.

But if you run into issues, just post and one of us should be able to help out.

Current Playlist:

#4468 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2066 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:27 AM

Congrats :beer: .

Don't expect you'll need to do much tweaking to get the guitar playing, other than tuning it up.

But if you run into issues, just post and one of us should be able to help out.

Will do. :)

Man, I can't wait until it arrives Monday.  I just wish I would've checked Amazon more thoroughly first, because Amazon has the same exact combo Prime-eligible and over $20 cheaper.  There you go, future newbies looking for a deal.

Josh1billion.png

#4469 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

I'm almost a week late, but I wanted to share with you guys. I had a very merry Christmas. My parents gave me a 1987 USA Fender Telecaster. It came from my dad's collection.

image.jpeg

I hope some of you got a shiny piece of wood under your tree too ;)

#4470 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5408 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

I'm almost a week late, but I wanted to share with you guys. I had a very merry Christmas. My parents gave me a 1987 USA Fender Telecaster. It came from my dad's collection.

image.jpeg

I hope some of you got a shiny piece of wood under your tree too ;)

Fuck you. No, seriously... Fuck you. :) No, seriously... That is absolutely beautiful, jsivley. I bet it plays like butter. Enjoy that. Or sell it to me. ;)