* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** STEAM sale - Game & DLC songs

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4771 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

2017 Explorers, Firebirds and Flying V's starting at $995...

Chicago Music Exchange just restocked with a bunch of new models, all 2017's and mostly the "T" variant (though some HP variants are starting to pop up).

-Explorers @ $995 (black or cherry)

https://www.chicagom...-ch-floor-model

-Flying V @ $995 (white or black)

-Firebird @ $1050 (sunburst or pelham blue)

These three each come with a case

So Reverb.com is having a 15%off select items sale, good until Monday.  Use promo code "rocktoberfest".

Bring this up because you can shop Chicago Music Exchange's  selection on there.  And as of right now, the 15% off is working for the Flying V, Explorer, Firebird and other Gibsons.

Puts the Flying V and Explorer @ a touch under $850 each. :hot:

Puts the Firebird @ under $900 :hot: (Pelham Blue is gone though)

Happy Hunting 8-)

Current Playlist:

:wiiu:  +++++  Mario Kart 8 + DLC - almost forgot I pre-ordered the dlc            :3ds:  +++++   SteamWorld Dig - oh so good!

:360:  +++++  DustMagnet 5000                                                                         :xb1:  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 REMASTERED!

:ps4:  +++++  GTA V-Return to Arkham-NBA Playgrounds              

#4772 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

So Reverb.com is having a 15%off select items sale, good until Monday. Use promo code "rocktoberfest".

Bring this up because you can shop Chicago Music Exchange's selection on there. And as of right now, the 15% off is working for the Flying V, Explorer, Firebird and other Gibsons.

Puts the Flying V and Explorer @ a touch under $850 each. :hot:
Puts the Firebird @ under $900 :hot: (Pelham Blue is gone though)

Happy Hunting 8-)

Thanks so much for this. I was already tempted at $995 but this really sweetened the deal. I bit on the alpine white Flying V this morning for $845 after coupon. I just sold my Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer on eBay last week. I was so sad to see it go, but I made almost $1k profit on it after fees. So I'm looking at this Flying V as a "free" guitar. It was listed as "mint" in the description. Will report back after it comes in

#4773 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Nice.

If the one you ordered had "floor model" listed after the guitar model, then it should be mint.  That's been my experience and what so many others having been getting.

And as I mentioned before, the in-store reps have been cool and explain what you're getting so if any doubts, call.  At a minimum they open it up and put a CME care package inside (pick, cloth, stickers etc.).  At worst, they removed the plastic from the pickguard and/or the fretboard covering.  My goldtop was missing the fretboard cover, but had the pickguard plastic.

Current Playlist:

:wiiu:  +++++  Mario Kart 8 + DLC - almost forgot I pre-ordered the dlc            :3ds:  +++++   SteamWorld Dig - oh so good!

:360:  +++++  DustMagnet 5000                                                                         :xb1:  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 REMASTERED!

#4774 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

It did say floor model and it was listed as mint. It's nice to get some reassurance. How long does it take to ship in your experience? I took the free shipping option

#4775 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

They take about 4-5 business days.

It's something like one day to process & package for shipping.  If it's done by that day's cutoff, it goes out.  Otherwise it goes out the next day.

I had put an order in on a Friday and ended up receiving it by the following Thursday.

Did the same Free shipping (UPS ground), and it went from Illinois to California.

So I'm probably on the high end of shipping time

Current Playlist:

#4776 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

i just picked up a peavey 6505MH for $250. where is a good place to shop for a used/discounted 1x12 or 2x12 cab? i already missed a smokin deal on the matching peavey 1x12 for $170 on reverb (i hadn't bought the amp yet).

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#4777 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

That's pretty darn good for free shipping. I sent the Explorer out ups ground from Arizona to South Carolina on a Friday and it got to them on that Thursday. But it cost $87 (77 after eBay discount) to do it.
I hope it doesn't get to me on wed. I have thurs/fri off

#4778 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

i just picked up a peavey 6505MH for $250. where is a good place to shop for a used/discounted 1x12 or 2x12 cab? i already missed a smokin deal on the matching peavey 1x12 for $170 on reverb (i hadn't bought the amp yet).

I guess it depends mostly on whether you really want the matching Peavey unit.  Keep searching Guitar Center's used section, Reverb, Sam Ash and MusicGoRound.

Current Playlist:

#4779 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

guitar center has good prices but shipping to a local store costs too much. never heard of musicgoround so i'll check it out.

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#4780 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

If guitar center has good prices on something, be sure to check musiciansfriend.com and music123.com. They have no problem price matching GC, and in my experience, usually have free shipping and no tax

#4781 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Still no shipping notification for my Flying V purchased on Sunday. Reverb says to contact the seller if you don't get a notification within three days. I hope I get a notification by tomorrow. After I bought it, it was sold out. I sure hope they didn't oversell by accident. I don't want my order cancelled :(

#4782 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

My understanding is Reverb and CME are one in the same.  Or more specifically, Reverb is owned by CME.

As for shipping, I was told they are backed up; sold something like 200 guitars over the weekend.

I would call CME and ask.

Current Playlist:

#4783 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4910 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

My understanding is Reverb and CME are one in the same.  Or more specifically, Reverb is owned by CME.

As for shipping, I was told they are backed up; sold something like 200 guitars over the weekend.

I would call CME and ask.

Yeah, shipping 200 guitars is nothing like shipping 200 games, as the guitars are going to be packaged properly in most cases, due to overall value. So if a place has more orders than normal, a delay is to be expected, but as stated, no harm in asking about it.

#4784 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Called CME and they said my order was picked yesterday but hasn't shipped. The guy is supposed to be checking on the current status of it for me now and is supposed to call me back to let me know. He apologized a lot and explained that they've been busier than "seven consecutive Black Fridays". Apparently they've sold over 500 guitars now and the orders keep rolling in

#4785 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

That's good news. 

I've been real happy with CME's customer service.

While Sweetwater still seems to have the best c/s out there, it's a bit sterile.

These guys are more like average joe's and want to provide you with a great experience.

And 500 guitars... day-uuuuuum.   Guess the secret is out :lol: .

The splash ad is advertising they are "Flush with Gear" (floor models). But check it out... it's almost all sold out.

Honestly, Gibson's predicament has the potential to make this the best year to find bargains on new/NOS.

Now I'm hearing that some GuitarCenter's are holding silent sales on Gibson guitars; knocking 30% off the current in-store price.

If this keeps up, there won't be anything left for Black Friday.

Current Playlist:

#4786 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

"Gibson's predicament"?

#4787 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

"Gibson's predicament"?

They're having difficulty paying debts on time. And they have a massive chunk of debt, coming due in 2018.  The company rating has been downgraded since it's believed they will default.

https://www.moodys.c...tive--PR_371298

So, current ownership is hoping to pull a Fender, by paying off the immediate small debts.  That might convince enough investors to work with them on restructuring the massive debt bill.

But to make this work, they need as much cash as possible.  Unsold inventory sitting in a warehouse just won't cut it.

Current Playlist:

#4788 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:56 PM

Back when I bought my Fender Highway 1 American Strat, it was an end of year closeout of a discontinued color. Fender doesn't do that shit anymore. They stick with pretty much the same colors all the time and anything special comes from the Custom Shop. That's why you don't see a bunch of Fenders dumped on the market for super cheap prices these days.

I hope Gibson makes it out. It would be a shame to see such a great name die out. They've done it to themselves, though... I mean - their "Standard" American LPs are like $3,000+. That $3,000 would buy you a handmade Fender Custom Shop axe made however you like it. That's just insane.

#4789 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

They definitely did it to themselves and not so much because of the pricing of their guitars (though that's somewhat of an issue).  That 3k Standard you mentioned is probably the "HP" variant (aka the stuff they introduce on the 2015 lineup).  At least they learned from that decision and created the "T" variants which are more traditional builds and not as pricey.

From what I've read, they assumed this debt during all their recent acquisitions (Onkyo, Teac, etc.) in an effort to diversify and expand.  I would argue you don't diversify your company by acquiring other brands that also sell "luxury" items.

Anyway, I'm sure Gibson will survive; who knows about current ownership though...

And not to go to far off subject, I don't think I could ever justify the Custom shop pricing from either Fender or Gibson.

Closest I would be willing to attempt would be a Titan from Kauer.  May not be handmade, but it would be customized to my preferences.

Current Playlist:

#4790 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

The guy from CME told me he'd call me back yesterday and if I didn't hear from him to call back myself. Never got a call so I called back today. It had just finished being set-up and was in the packing phase when I called. About an hour later I got my shipping notification.

Scheduled Delivery Date:
10/11/2017 by End of Day
Estimated Time:
1:15 P.M.- 5:15 P.M.

Figures. It's coming in while I'll be at work.

#4791 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

I’ve actually been watching for a Palir to show up on eBay for cheap. I passed on a heavy relic Titan (Tele clone) for 1050 and I shouldn’t have.

I’ve been looking at a used custom shop or close Strat or Tele. We’ll see. I’ll probably make the jump at some point.

#4792 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

Been sitting on these for a while; waiting for them to drop lower...

Epiphone PRO-1 bundles, including Rocksmith 2014 & Realtone cable

-these PRO-1 electrics are single pickup guitars and from what I've seen only available in these bundles (new).

-hardly any reviews exist on these guitars

-comes with the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 & includes the cable.

-the rest of the stuff in the bundle (amp, strap, picks, bag) are forgettable, so focus on whether you value the guitar & game

-Explorer bundle, in ebony @ $99.84 $97.94

https://www.amazon.c...s=p_89:Epiphone

-Les Paul Jr bundle, in sunburst @ $113.29 $107.89

https://www.amazon.c...s=p_89:Epiphone

The other two have gone up in price. But here's a third flavor...

-Explorer bundle, in silverburst @ $91.50

https://www.amazon.c...6:ATVPDKIKX0DER

Current Playlist:

#4793 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:16 AM

My order came in today! I played it for about 30 min and my first impression is very positive. This was a great buy at $845. IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4502.JPG IMG_4501.JPG

#4794 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Congrats man! :beer:

How you liking the Dirty Finger pups?

Current Playlist:

#4795 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Congrats man! :beer:

How you liking the Dirty Finger pups?

Only spent a little bit of time with them so far but I'm liking them just fine. They are more versatile than people would probably think. Although I find this to be the case with a lot of pickups. I was playing around with the knobs and the pup switch last night trying to get a feel for it when I stumbled on an A minor that sounded remarkably similar to the one that starts off "Mr Jones" by the counting crows. So naturally the rest of my time with the guitar was spent learning mr Jones

#4796 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted Yesterday, 01:30 AM

Accessories sale @ Guitar Center

http://www.guitarcenter.com/

It's all over the main page, so I just linked there.

But here are a few standouts:

-Ernie Ball Slinky strings, 3 pack for $10

http://www.guitarcen...300744180614.gc

-Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings, 3 pack for $10

http://www.guitarcen...300744182180.gc

-VOX Pathfinder 10, Union Jack edition for $68 (nice little practice amp)

http://www.guitarcen...5484.gc#reviews

-Musicians Gear 20' Tweed instrument cable, 2 pack for $20 (also available in silver/black or black)

http://www.guitarcen...-Gold-2-Pack.gc

-Livewire coiled instrument cable for $29

http://www.guitarcen...led-Straight.gc

And if you still wonder how you can set up your guitar, listen to uncle Joe 8-)

https://youtu.be/iKTXTWbI4FU

6-part series, so you can watch as little or as much as you want.

Current Playlist:

#4797 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 AM

Damn... I think I’m going to have to get one of those special Fender offset models. The shell pink Limited Edition Mustang is calling my name...

#4798 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Dammit.  Haven't seen the movie (let alone knew it existed) and I already want one of these "grim fandango" guitars :lol: .  Help me...

http://www.guitarcen....gc?icid=409155

Two mini's and a 7/8 model.  Why don't I have kids (so I can blame it on them)

coco-page-guitar.pngcoco-page-minimh.pngcoco-page-minisp.png

Only true acoustic I own is my Yamaha guitalele.  Maybe I can snag one cheap after the holidays.

And Crazed, I've been watching those offsets for over a year.

My ideal one woulda been a Mustang in Capri Orange, with P90's (which doesn't exist) and I woulda figured out a way to add a racing stripe. 

But that pink one definitely caught my eye.  Same goes for the Capri Orange bass.

Another bass should be ok, right?  Hell, I'm only up to three :-#

Current Playlist: