* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** STEAM sale on Game & DLC ***** $12 thru the Ubi Store

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#391 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Just a heads-up to all interested....Amazon is having a pretty decent musical instrument sale. Here's the link directly for electric guitars. Prices vary from about $99 and up...discounts between 15%-50%.

http://www.amazon.co...7&rnid=11971241

#392 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are have competing sales right now. They each have a 16%off one select item sale (select brands), with Dean included as one of the brands. I'm including links so you can see the eligible brands.
GC http://www.guitarcen...n.aspx?pid=4417
MF http://www.musicians...09_001_hphf2_p2

And remember that the Schecter warehouse has the sidewalk sale today

Does anyone know if the cable that comes with rocksmith will work for powergig? I know it isnt the best game. At four bucks at newegg its one a buck more than one dlc song for rocksmith.

I don't think so... Power Gig didn't use a real guitar - it was just a fake guitar with some crudely functioning strings.

Think crazedracer is right. Looked at gameplay vids and the game doesn't even try to track the string you play, just the fret you're holding. So the game essentially dumbed the guitar down to Guitar Hero play style of 5 frets instead of doing what Rocksmith does

Found it sad that the demo guy was more interested in showing that the guitar could plug in to an amp than showing gameplay.

But this vid cheered me up.

Sooo glad RS turned out as well as it did, 'cause it could've gone sooo wrong

Called my gamestop up two days ago and their price was back up to $79.99 :(

Sucks to hear. I'll update the OP.

Looks like the only remaining deals are Amazon, TRU and Target. And those deals are set to expire today, 12/10.

Wonder if we'll see any other deals before Christmas

#393 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5456 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

And remember that the Schecter warehouse has the sidewalk sale today

You must go down there just to gloat at what I missed from living on the other coast. I was so tempted today at the Shaun Morgan Schecter with that 16% applied. I tried stacking the coupons on the off chance that it would work, but it didn't.

#394 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

You must go down there just to gloat at what I missed from living on the other coast. I was so tempted today at the Shaun Morgan Schecter with that 16% applied. I tried stacking the coupons on the off chance that it would work, but it didn't.

I'm not worthy!

But i'll camp out this time next year. Tailgate party!

#395 JonnyHeartthrob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

JonnyHeartthrob

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

I tried searching this thread, but I am most likely an idiot and could not find the answer. Does this game support acoustic electric guitars? I assume so but would like to know if anyone in this thread has tried it. Thank you, CAG community, for any answer.

#396 johnmstewart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

johnmstewart

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

anyone interested in a brand new ps3 full guitar bundle?
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#397 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Ubi Officially says that you can, but it may introduce feedback that you would not get through an electric. If you watch the videos, though, I saw a girl play one of the songs at 100% on an A/E guitar and it was fine...

I tried searching this thread, but I am most likely an idiot and could not find the answer. Does this game support acoustic electric guitars? I assume so but would like to know if anyone in this thread has tried it. Thank you, CAG community, for any answer.

See the post above and the following link to the RS forums.
http://forums.ubi.co...9759#2111039759
Seems like it'll work as long as the guitar has a pickup and 1/4" jack.

Don't remember any CAG that used an acoustic electric. But hopefully they'll speak up if they did.

#398 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2089 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

It worked fine with my acoustic electric. One thing I didn't like though was hearing the acoustic sound while also hearing the electric on the game even while using headphones. I ended up buying an electric to play the game and to keep my wife and child from hearing me late at night.

Edited by sharpeone, 11 December 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#399 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

Alright, Toys r Us comes thru with a Rocksmith deal.

Buy the Posted Image version at $79.99 and get a $20 giftcard + 1 free month of Xbox Live Gold.

Don't see mention of the PS3 version in the ad

#400 RallyV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Can someone suggest a good device to record with? My husband likes to record himself playing the guitar than plays it back to play over like he's got some to play with. He does this a lot when inspiration hits him in the middle of the night. He also likes to record his jams. If the device can also be used for interviews that'd be great too. Thanks!

#401 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

Bestbuy has a new separate ad for Musical Instruments. And they pulled a retread of the Rocksmith deal that started this thread. Only slightly tweaked.

Buy their package bundle of a Les Paul Jr (cherry sunburst) + Rocksmith game bundlePosted Image or Posted Image for $199.99 and get a free $25 giftcard + two free in-home lessons. Price good from 12/11 to 12/17

Also have a few different guitars on sale.

Ad link: http://bestbuy.shopl...oncode=121111MI
RS deal is on the last page.

Edited by rbarba4, 11 December 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#402 ROB64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1032 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Any idea if the $20 gift card applies to the PS3 version as well?
Posted Image

#403 richulr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

^I'd like to know also

#404 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

Did anyone go to the Schecter sidewalk sale? If so, did you score anything?

Trade List Games & DLC

#405 jousley   10yr Member of CAG! CAGiversary!   1606 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

Tag

#406 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Musicians Friend has a Deal of the Day on the Epiphone LP special II. The Pelham Blue model is on sale today for $119.99.

http://www.musicians...30_001_hpsh3_pd

#407 xskaxninjax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

xskaxninjax

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

I know this has turned more into just a guitar discussion than a Rock Smith discussion, but I figured I'd contribute something.

The Power Gig guitar bundle, you know, that awful game that came out last year that uses a "real" guitar, even though the strings are held in place and you only need to strum a single string for every song, has been crazy cheap everywhere. I've seen bundles for $25 at Best Buy earlier this year, and they are all currently $30 at Gamestop if you can find one.

While these are relatively small, mediocre guitars, they ARE working guitars for $30. I picked up a bundle back in the day solely for the guitar to use with Rock Smith, and they work just fine. For anyone completely beginning from nowhere, like me, you really can't beat a $30 guitar, especially if you're just using it for Rock Smith. They even come with an extra set of strings and picks.

#408 xscorpionx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

xscorpionx

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm a guitar noob. i want to purchase the game and figured id buy the guitar separate. This guitar is on sale for $99 and 15% off, so I got it for $84. Its my first time playing, so I don't need the Cadillac of guitars. Theres no feedback or reviews so Im a bit unsure.

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details

#409 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

as long as the guitar stays in tune with itself (e.g. the 12th fret plays the same note as the open string, etc) you should be good to go. way better to get a cheap guitar and decide later if it's worth investing more money in....besides, a really skilled guitar player can play a cheap axe just fine, but an expensive guitar wont make a new player any better...

also, the way rocksmith works (basically just needs a tone signal) means the quality of the pickups, etc are much less important....(imho).

#410 DeathDream   Sadistic CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

I picked up the game at Target on Friday with the $10 GC at the discounted price of $69.99. The TRU thing is sweet too.

I'm enjoying the game. Started off slow but now it is really starting to pick up. Kind of wish there was a way to quickly pause the game to find out how to place your fingers on multiple strings for certain parts. As once I finally get my fingers situated, the moment has passed. Then when it comes up again, it disappears because I failed haha.

The duck hunt type game is pretty fun though. Nice little mini game.

76561197972337331.png

#411 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'm enjoying the game. Started off slow but now it is really starting to pick up. Kind of wish there was a way to quickly pause the game to find out how to place your fingers on multiple strings for certain parts. As once I finally get my fingers situated, the moment has passed. Then when it comes up again, it disappears because I failed haha.

It gets easier with time. I had never played guitar before trying the game and found that it was pretty difficult to get used to being on the right frets at the right time, but after playing more and more, I found that my hands were naturally finding themselves in the right place.

Also, I have only played 6 songs even though I've had the game for two weeks. I really want to work on some of the fret work, more than advancing through the game.

#412 DeathDream   Sadistic CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Also, I have only played 6 songs even though I've had the game for two weeks. I really want to work on some of the fret work, more than advancing through the game.

That Duck mini game is really good for learning where frets are. Sure it's only one string but still helps. If you do end up playing it, tapping (at least I think that is what it is called) works for this game too. Tapping is where you just tap the cord kind hard on the correct fret to play the note. This way you don't have to pluck the string and you can move faster I've noticed. Not sure if this was how the game was intended to be played or not. Plucking one string really isn't going to make a difference in learning anything on this mini game as the cord never changes.

76561197972337331.png

#413 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I've messed around with Ducks a few times now, mainly to see how well I'm progressing and have found that my scores have gone up in the game by quite a bit just by practicing songs over and over again, and not messing with the mini-games all that much.

Again, I love the game as a learning tool. It's much better than I could have possibly imagined.

#414 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1665 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm a guitar noob. i want to purchase the game and figured id buy the guitar separate. This guitar is on sale for $99 and 15% off, so I got it for $84. Its my first time playing, so I don't need the Cadillac of guitars. Theres no feedback or reviews so Im a bit unsure.

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details

I'm unclear on Amazon return policies for guitars. Is it a full refund within 30days minus shipping and partial refund if obviously well-used or after 30days? Because if I read BB return policy correctly, I can return within 30days like any other item which is more convenient for me. Except Amazon will have a better price.

#415 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Did anyone go to the Schecter sidewalk sale? If so, did you score anything?

Anyone, anyone...

The Power Gig guitar bundle, you know, that awful game that came out last year that uses a "real" guitar, [EDIT]. For anyone completely beginning from nowhere, like me, you really can't beat a $30 guitar, especially if you're just using it for Rock Smith. They even come with an extra set of strings and picks.

Definitely a low cost way to try the game out. Just realize that you will have some issues because the Power Gig guitar maxes out at 19 frets. Not much of an issue when you're beginning, but it will cause problems.

The duck hunt type game is pretty fun though. Nice little mini game.

Yeah, Ducks was very helpful early on. Wait for Super Swing Baseball. That'll help alot more as it combines more skills. It'll have you moving across different frets and strings while throwing Bends at you

#416 xscorpionx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

xscorpionx

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

As the original deal morphed into a game deal and guitar advice thread, I decided to place the original BB deal behind spoiler tags for a reference point. And I listed the current deals below. The guitar purchase is the most difficult part for us beginners, so read the advice in the thread

Thanks to SmileyMcSmiles for all the help :applause:

ROCKSMITH game + cable deals:
Best Buy: In-store bundle deal. Buy RS gamePosted Image or Posted Image + Les Paul Jr (cherry sunburst model) for $199.99 and get a $25 giftcard and two free in-home lessons. Valid 12/11 to 12/17
http://bestbuy.shopl...44&pagenumber=4
Toys R Us In-store: buy Posted Image version @ $79.99, get a $20 giftcard + free month of Xbox Live Gold
Amazon Gold Box on 12/13: no known deal yet
Target in-store: Posted ImagePosted Image temporary price cut to $69.99 valid 'til 12/10
Try using the coupon from this other deal to make the Target deal better
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=310520

**DEAD**Amazon buy 1 get 1 @ 50% off: Posted ImagePosted Image both versions in sale.
**DEAD**Toys R Us Online: extended to 12/10 Posted ImagePosted Image for $39.99 when purchased with one of the following games (NFS the Run, MW3, BF3, AC Revelations). Add both to cart for the discounted price
**DEAD**Gamestop in-store: $49.99 price still working as of 12/03
**DEAD-lasted 3 minutes**Amazon CM: Lightning Deal @ 12:15pm
**DEAD-online**Gamestop BF weekend: $49.99Posted ImagePosted Image unavailable online
**DEAD-pulled from website**Guitar Center BF weekend: Posted ImagePosted Image versions are each $59.99 and include a $25 credit towards the purchase of a new guitar
**DEAD NOW**Amazon BF: lightning deal @ 4:15pm. expecting a 49.99 price

Posted Image PC version: delayed to May 2012, per game's producer. See link
http://www.facebook....253166328074384
PC Pre-order bonus: Gamestop gives you two song download & $25 voucher good towards the purchase of a guitar @ Guitar Center

Example of pack-in guitar in the Official RS guitar bundle
http://www.amazon.co...2207032&sr=1-10
Example of Dean Vendetta XMT
http://www.amazon.co...22207724&sr=1-5

Spoiler

Any news on the Amazon Gold Box deal today? I cant find the deal anywhere

#417 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5295 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

For those interested, the Megadeth song pack (Hanger 18, Symphony of Destruction, Public Enemy No. 1) was released today on Xbox Live (and I assume PSN, but didn't check). It's 640 points. I picked it up this morning. Can't wait to shred!

http://marketplace.x...91-ab836a298709

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#418 DeathDream   Sadistic CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

I will hold out for Slipknot song pack. As much as I doubt it will ever happen.

76561197972337331.png

#419 japaninator   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   26 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

japaninator

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Didn't realize this thread existed. Started a thread earlier today to say that I saw the Xbox 360 version for $53.85 yesterday at Sam's Club.

#420 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Any news on the Amazon Gold Box deal today? I cant find the deal anywhere

Right now it doesn't look like it's gonna happen unless they sneak it into the sale later.
Really hate when they don't preview all the sale items. Caused me to miss out on more than one deal.

Didn't realize this thread existed. Started a thread earlier today to say that I saw the Xbox 360 version for $53.85 yesterday at Sam's Club.

Nice find. Probably YMMV but still worth it to see if your local Sams dropped the price. I'll update the OP