* * * * * 5 votes

ROCKSMITH 2014 Remastered Deals **** STEAM sale on Game & DLC ***** $12 thru the Ubi Store

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#481 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

So the Schecter Damien on Amazon would be a very good beginner guitar? Wonder if it'll drop further? Noticed the deal on SD first and now Im here for some advice.

For the current price of $238 you can't go wrong.

#482 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Just got my christmass jolly from amazon. Aparently after selling me an open boxed item missing parts no less. My replacement with one day shipping will arrive JANUARY 31 - FEBRUARY 13.

I couldnt help but laugh my ass off after reading that. I am more than a little pissed and now I got my rocksmith strap strings picks and no fn guitar.

If I call and say f that. Think there is a chance I will get something for the agravation? To say the least I have no interest in waiting that darn long to play.

#483 haruky   Vengeance. CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Just got my christmass jolly from amazon. Aparently after selling me an open boxed item missing parts no less. My replacement with one day shipping will arrive JANUARY 31 - FEBRUARY 13.

I couldnt help but laugh my ass off after reading that. I am more than a little pissed and now I got my rocksmith strap strings picks and no fn guitar.

If I call and say f that. Think there is a chance I will get something for the agravation? To say the least I have no interest in waiting that darn long to play.

I'd be pretty pissed off too. But try being polite. Remember, the customer service reps are probably really stressed and incredibly busy this time of year. Hearing from a polite customer may get you further than being angry with them.

#484 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

so Amazon's adjusted the guitar sale a bit. It's now a Year-End sale. Good news is that the Damien is holding a $239 and they added a bunch more models to the sale.
http://www.amazon.co...1&rnid=11965861

Couple of models that stood out are:
Schecter Damien Elite Avenger @ $343
http://www.amazon.co...4897418&sr=1-30
Schecter C1 Standard @ $386
http://www.amazon.co...4897644&sr=1-81

Also, Rocksmith is holding @ $60 on Amazon. Best deal for now

#485 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

I'd be pretty pissed off too. But try being polite. Remember, the customer service reps are probably really stressed and incredibly busy this time of year. Hearing from a polite customer may get you further than being angry with them.

Thats why I wanted to wait till I cooled down. Was so excited to play makes this that much more frustrating.

What should I say?

Something like.....

I dont want to wait that long. Can you give me some kind of deal to just buy a different guitar to make up for the head ache.

#486 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Thats why I wanted to wait till I cooled down. Was so excited to play makes this that much more frustrating.

What should I say?

Something like.....

I dont want to wait that long. Can you give me some kind of deal to just buy a different guitar to make up for the head ache.

Hey Drastion, curious to know what model guitar you had chosen.

And yeah, ask them if they can do anything about the inconvenience since you had expected to be playing already.

#487 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Grrr amazon you like to tease me. So many schecter guitars but no hellraiser c1. The c7 is a bit tempting though.

Now just knock it down again like you did the damien special. Make it 460 and I will be a happy man.

But that may be a bit much for a first guitar.

Edited by drastion, 26 December 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#488 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

rbarba4

It was a dean vendetta xmt Metalic black. Couldnt find that color anywhere so I was happy when I found it.

I am guessing they got a return on a beginner kit and broke it up. Because that is the only other place I saw it.

If nothing else I got to toy with it untill I got tired of waiting for the emai and just called. Didnt have anything to plug it into. It was still guite a thrill to have a real guitar in my hands and not a plastic toy with colored buttons.

#489 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

rbarba4

It was a dean vendetta xmt Metalic black. Couldnt find that color anywhere so I was happy when I found it.

I am guessing they got a return on a beginner kit and broke it up. Because that is the only other place I saw it.

Nice.

Sucks about the missing parts. I know I'd be ticked if I didn't get everything

Although I gotta confess that I haven't attached the tremelo to my Dean yet. Kept hearing how it knocks it out of tune when you use it so figured I'd wait 'til I got better.

#490 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

rbarba4

Thats what I was doing too. Didnt know it was missing it untill I went to throw out the boxes.

Just a note to anyone looking guitar center has $20 off a 99 order. So picking up the dean in natural is only $80. Great deal on a great guitar.

#491 darrenaero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

darrenaero

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

so Amazon's adjusted the guitar sale a bit. It's now a Year-End sale. Good news is that the Damien is holding a $239 and they added a bunch more models to the sale.
http://www.amazon.co...1&rnid=11965861

Couple of models that stood out are:
Schecter Damien Elite Avenger @ $343
http://www.amazon.co...4897418&sr=1-30
Schecter C1 Standard @ $386
http://www.amazon.co...4897644&sr=1-81

Also, Rocksmith is holding @ $60 on Amazon. Best deal for now

Would you guys say the Starburst

http://www.amazon.co...d=221AAG4MKKKXK
is $140 better than the red special? Or for a beginner the Damien is still the way to go?

#492 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15483 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

i just bought my new expensive guitar and im tempted by the damien se now........wife would prob kill me though

price went up though.... $2

#493 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Would you guys say the Starburst

http://www.amazon.co...d=221AAG4MKKKXK
is $140 better than the red special? Or for a beginner the Damien is still the way to go?

I think either would be great. This one has locking tuners and set neck both very nice things to have.

I myself ordered the damien. Really dont like the fret much but it will be my beater guitar untill I get good enough to justify a more expensive one. Pluss I wont worry so much about messing it up.

Got my reorder canceled so I could get this they said they would give me free one day shipping by refund. They better since it was $42 to have it shipped.

#494 darrenaero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

darrenaero

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

I think either would be great. This one has locking tuners and set neck both very nice things to have.

I myself ordered the damien. Really dont like the fret much but it will be my beater guitar untill I get good enough to justify a more expensive one. Pluss I wont worry so much about messing it up.

Got my reorder canceled so I could get this they said they would give me free one day shipping by refund. They better since it was $42 to have it shipped.

Hmmm. Wish I wasn't so tempted by the higher % off of the starburst. Of course, I've never played before so those extra things could be wasted on me. Gonna start drinking soon and let the Firefly decide. 8-)

#495 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

i just bought my new expensive guitar and im tempted by the damien se now........wife would prob kill me though

price went up though.... $2

I'll help you out and trade with ya;) j/k

But, yeah, couldn't resist the call of crimson anymore. I put in an order for the Damien this morning. Extra guitar be damned! I'll find a use for it.

Never could get it outta my head. Tipping point was a late Christmas gift, which turned out to be an Amazon gc. So real world money out of my pocket ended up at $140.

And that $2 upturn has me thinking the price bottomed out.

#496 Wanderlai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Bought the Damien SE for $238 this morning. To good a deal to pass up.

#497 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15483 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

And that $2 upturn has me thinking the price bottomed out.

Last i checked there were still 999+ in stock, so that's something to consider.

#498 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Last i checked there were still 999+ in stock, so that's something to consider.

Don't know if it's because I'm trying from my iphone, but I can only get 6 added to my cart before I get error messages

#499 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15483 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

Don't know if it's because I'm trying from my iphone, but I can only get 6 added to my cart before I get error messages

You add it to cart once, and then mess with quantity. No problems adding 999 for me now.

#500 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:47 AM

You add it to cart once, and then mess with quantity. No problems adding 999 for me now.

There it is. I was trying to edit from the checkout process. Guess Amazon has a 6 item limit per order.

#501 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Been a while since there's been talk about Amps. I'm still trying to make a decision and want to know what you guys think about Mini-Amps. Anyone have experience with 'em?

I'm still heavily reliant on RS so the amp would be used mainly to practice riffs that come up during the song. You know, pausing the game, practicing, then jumping right back in. And kinda like the idea of having something small that won't get in the way. Plus, I most likely would use it with headphones.

In what I've researched the Honeytone and 57' mini twin keep coming up as the best choices. Anyone have experience with these or other Mini amps?

The Line 6 15watt is still on my radar, especially with GC's current sale. But think a mini would be more helpful at this point in my learnin'.

Appreciate any help you can provide

#502 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

If you are going to mainly use it for headphones anyways get a headphone amp. The Vox ac30 and metal headphone amp is pretty well reviewed. Thats what I plan to do. Save the money from buying a cheep amp you will probally just want to get rid of eventually anyways.

Just use your tv untill you know you will be dedicated enough to get a good one.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882358003&Tpk=Vox%20metal

#503 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15483 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I picked this one up a couple weeks ago - on sale now

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

Pretty awesome, just for the presets alone.

#504 houseeg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

You can always try Guitar Rig and your PC instead of an amp. You just need asio4all and your rocksmith cable and you should be good to go.

#505 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

tagged

Darke.jpg
~ Your friendly neighborhood Wolf signing off ~

#506 h4mx0r   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Rocksmith was $49.99 at gamestop a month before? Makes me sad that I got my $50 gamestop giftcard yesterday :(

Anyone think we'll see that soon again?

#507 sgr76   Talk it < Living it CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Rocksmith was $49.99 at gamestop a month before? Makes me sad that I got my $50 gamestop giftcard yesterday :(

I am sure there will be a permanent universal price drop on this game very soon.
Posted Image

#508 AlphaHunter   Would You Kindly... CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

AlphaHunter

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

You can always try Guitar Rig and your PC instead of an amp. You just need asio4all and your rocksmith cable and you should be good to go.

Didn't know that you could use the cable to interface with a PC, that will be nice when my TonePort goes down. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

#509 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm trying to decide between the spider IV and Peavey Vypyr amps... i've watched some comparison vids on youtube and the Vypyr appears to sound better (At least to my virgin ears haha) but with the Spider you get more for your money... Anyone here have experience the two brand/models?

#510 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Instead of waiting, check to see if GS sells Kindle cards. If they do you can buy 50 bucks worth and apply it to your Amazon account. Then use that credit to buy RS for $60