* * * * * 6 votes

ROCKSMITH + ****closed beta @ rocksmith.com/beta ****

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4051 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Seether pack:

Broken
Remedy
Fake It

Don't know what he timings are yet. If they're what I think they are, they are:

Eb standard
Eb Drop Db
Drop C

#4052 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:00 PM

Leak from EU PSN of upcoming tracks.

Guessing this might be next week, but date is not yet confirmed.

Jane’s Addiction - 5 Pack
Been Caught Stealing
Jane Says
Just Because
Mountain Song
Superhero

#4053 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

How did it take so long for Seether to get a pack especially with only three songs. They were promoting the game before it even came out back in 2011. Better late then never but I was really hoping for more songs. They have plenty of good material as far as im concerned.

#4054 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:23 AM

Been Caught Stealing
Jane Says
Just Because
Mountain Song
Superhero

Uh oh.. guess we won't be seeing this for a while. Remember what happened when the Rage pack leaked on Xbox Live?

By the way, do you guys think it's about time we change up the title of this thread? Jimi DLC is long gone as a freebie. We don't want to confuse any newcomers.

#4055 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

D'oh, my bad on the title.

Fixed.

#4056 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Musiciansfriend has the Epiphone Limited Edition Genesis Deluxe Pro for $199 + free shipping. It is a steal at this price.

Guitar

#4057 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Musiciansfriend has the Epiphone Limited Edition Genesis Deluxe Pro for $199 + free shipping. It is a steal at this price.

Guitar

That's a lot of features for $200. Nice looking axe.

#4058 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

That's a lot of features for $200. Nice looking axe.

Yeah, I picked up one for my youngest nephew. It should make for a nice entry level guitar. I gave his brothers their first guitars. So, I figured I should do the same for him. I passed along previous guitars of my own to them, but I don't want to part with anything I currently have.

#4059 DJP519   Ready for a Vacation CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

Musiciansfriend has the Epiphone Limited Edition Genesis Deluxe Pro for $199 + free shipping. It is a steal at this price.

Guitar

I saw this a bit earlier, and thought the Ebony looked real nice... but I waited an hour or so because I was still busy at work.  Refreshed the page, and the Ebony is sold out, all that's left is the Sunburst.  Not as nice looking, and the same color finish as my Les Paul.  Just can't justify buying another Epiphone in sunburst.  Strangely, they have a mint open box in blue Sapphire, but for $262 - apparently 12% off the prior $299 price.  I called, they won't update that price.  I'd buy it at $199 (or even better, 12% off $199) but they refused.  Oh, well. 

#4060 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

I saw this a bit earlier, and thought the Ebony looked real nice... but I waited an hour or so because I was still busy at work.  Refreshed the page, and the Ebony is sold out, all that's left is the Sunburst.  Not as nice looking, and the same color finish as my Les Paul.  Just can't justify buying another Epiphone in sunburst.  Strangely, they have a mint open box in blue Sapphire, but for $262 - apparently 12% off the prior $299 price.  I called, they won't update that price.  I'd buy it at $199 (or even better, 12% off $199) but they refused.  Oh, well. 

You see that a lot on there.  The new stuff can get a big discount and the used/open-box stuff sits there at a higher price.

Anyway, remember seeing this a few days ago, but at $250.  Good price but didn't think it was good enough to post.

The 200  price makes me wish I had fewer guitars so I could add it to the herd :)

#4061 DJP519   Ready for a Vacation CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

You see that a lot on there.  The new stuff can get a big discount and the used/open-box stuff sits there at a higher price.

Anyway, remember seeing this a few days ago, but at $250.  Good price but didn't think it was good enough to post.

The 200  price makes me wish I had fewer guitars so I could add it to the herd :)

It's sold out now, so much easier to resist temptation.  lol.  All that's left is the restocks for the higher price, the discounted new ones are all gone.

#4062 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

Been Caught Stealing
Jane Says
Just Because
Mountain Song
Superhero

Confirmed DLC for 2/17.

#4063 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

Heavily looking into getting this to Learn guitar. I am debating how much to invest in my first guitar though... Kinda wish I had picked up that deal posted on the last page when it was available

#4064 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

Guitar center has a Les Paul in wine red this weekend for like $129. It would be a fine starter guitar.

#4065 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

This one? http://www.guitarcen...870-i2101227.gc

#4066 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

Heavily looking into getting this to Learn guitar. I am debating how much to invest in my first guitar though... Kinda wish I had picked up that deal posted on the last page when it was available

Don't invest a lot when you're just starting out. Reason is, you honestly won't know the difference. After you put some work into it and you get better, it'll be an awesome feeling upgrading to something better and you can actually appreciate the difference. That $130 LP is perfect if you can swing it.

#4067 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

This one? http://www.guitarcen...870-i2101227.gc

If you decide to go with this, purchase it from here

You can call a rep and they will probably apply the promo code presday18w for 18% off. This will bring the guitar down to ~$107. You can buy an E-certificate for 14% off. The guitar should only cost you around $92 shipped. I did this already for a new pedal. You end up saving about 30%. Best of luck.

#4068 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

Went with the Les Paul Special II by epiphone. Games a ton of fun so far, great teaching tool

#4069 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

Anybody know when "Headlong Flight" by Rush was added? I already have the Rush 5 pack, of which this is not a part of

#4070 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:26 AM

Anybody know when "Headlong Flight" by Rush was added? I already have the Rush 5 pack, of which this is not a part of

It was a single track released same time as the 5-Pack.

#4071 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

Went with the Les Paul Special II by epiphone. Games a ton of fun so far, great teaching tool

Just remember to stick with it. Believe it or not it becomes a lot more fun once you get over that hump where your fingers don't quite do what your brain wants them to. I just had a session today and played a few RS1 songs I never tried before and was surprised at how easily I was able to play them on my first attempt. I was even having fun with it and doing some stage moves while I played. If you would've seen me playing this game a year ago it would've been me just sitting there concentrating super hard on the notes. It's definitely a game that grows on you the more you play it.

#4072 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4699 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

Random Venting: Bought Wonderwall by Oasis without realizing that it required a capo to play. That should definitely be more clear on the listing of the Xbox store (unless it was but I didn't read it thoroughly). 

#4073 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Yeah - I think Wonderwall is te only one. You wouldn't know unless you looked at riff repeater or somewhere else.

#4074 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Regarding dlc songs, do they tend to go on sale? Is it mostly release date sales or are they just kinda random. I have plenty to play for now but im sure ill want some more sooner or later

#4075 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Regarding dlc songs, do they tend to go on sale? Is it mostly release date sales or are they just kinda random. I have plenty to play for now but im sure ill want some more sooner or later

For console it is essentially never on sale.

There were some sales on the old DLC during the short time between when they stopped releasing content for the first version and the time Rocksmith 2014 was launched ... and that is pretty much it.

#4076 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Random Venting: Bought Wonderwall by Oasis without realizing that it required a capo to play. That should definitely be more clear on the listing of the Xbox store (unless it was but I didn't read it thoroughly). 

Buy the Planet Waves Lite Capo on Amazon it's only 5 or 6 bucks and it's very good quality. I wouldn't go for those 2 dollar ones, they tend to break easily from what I hear or they don't quite grip the strings evenly enough. Overall not a bad investment if you plan on learning more songs outside of RS. Every guitarist should own a capo.

Yeah - I think Wonderwall is te only one. You wouldn't know unless you looked at riff repeater or somewhere else.

Matchbox 20's 3AM also requires a capo. I think one of the Rolling Stones songs has an alt arrangement with a capo. Maybe some more DLC as well I don't really remember. It's not a huge necessity for this game but I would own one anyway.

Nope. Last time they did was a random one shot where a few random songs had a $1 discount each. No reason was even given for it. Before that it was during the RS1 days after they stopped releasing DLC every week, they would put up random songs on sale. I doubt they'll be doing that anytime soon since they have plenty more DLC to release.

#4077 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of this game working fine when using a 7-string guitar? Obviously, I wouldn't be using the low B string. But does a 7-pole pickup have any negative effect?

edit: 

The game is designed to work with 6-string guitars.  7 and 8 string obviously have additional strings that would need to be ignored to play the game.  As long as you hit the notes Rocksmith asks for, you’ll be ok.  We have tested the game with active pickups and as long as you calibrate properly (by simply playing the Soundcheck) they worked fine.

#4078 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

I want a Fender Standard Telecaster, but I don't think I can afford one. Has anyone picked up one of the Squier Telecasters and regretted it?

It won't be my main instrument, since I prefer bass, but I like having an option to change it up and don't want something awful.

#4079 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

I think Squiers are pretty highly regarded for inexpensive guitars.

#4080 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

I want a Fender Standard Telecaster, but I don't think I can afford one. Has anyone picked up one of the Squier Telecasters and regretted it?

It won't be my main instrument, since I prefer bass, but I like having an option to change it up and don't want something awful.

Some of the Classic Vibe Telecasters are just as good as the MIM Telecasters. The Affinity Telecasters are garbage. Just my 2 cents.