#4171 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

3/17 DLC
Cranberries - Zombie
Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up to Boston
Villagers - Becoming a Jackal
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

#4172 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

3/17 DLC

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Nice!  That's one I've been dying for that the CDLC scene hasn't done for bass, only lead and rhythm.

#4173 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Zombie and maybe Shipping Up to Boston for me. Interesting pack this week but I can't help but feel the absence of Thin Lizzy. Maybe they're doing a whole pack for that one.

#4174 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

The icing on the cake would actually be getting one of the Irish themed songs for free like what used to happen with guitar hero /rock band . I will still probably pick them up soon.

#4175 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

Fuck yeah!!! Just bought my ticket to see Seether at a local (1 hr away, anyway) club... I don't care if I'm an old Fuck or not, my ass is going in the pit for this one! :) Just saw that Tremonti is opening. That should be a guitar fest...

#4176 The Red Mariner  

The Red Mariner

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

As someone who just got into Rocksmith I'm really enjoying it. It's good to see them adding some Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly. Dropkick Murphys is one of my favorite bands. I just wish they would have picked a better song from them. Either way I'm sure I will pick up those 2 songs.

#4177 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

As someone who just got into Rocksmith I'm really enjoying it. It's good to see them adding some Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly. Dropkick Murphys is one of my favorite bands. I just wish they would have picked a better song from them. Either way I'm sure I will pick up those 2 songs.

True, but Shipping Up to Boston is one of their more popular songs, so it's a guaranteed seller.  I'd love to have a pack of songs by them, but that's not gonna happen, and sadly, the custom DLC scene only has a few songs too.

#4178 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

Leaked from Xbox Marketplace

---

3/31 DLC - Spinal Tap 5-Pack, $11.99  (available atm on XB1)
Big Bottom
Gimme Some Money
Sex Farm
Stonehenge
Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight

---

4/7 DLC - Bush 4-Pack, $9.99  (available atm on XB1)
Comedown
Everything Zen
Glycerine
Swallowed

---

#4179 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

While I love Spinal Tap the movie, I have no desire to learn the songs. Bush? No.

#4180 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

3/24 DLC - Anthrax 4-Pack

Indians

...rest TBA

#4181 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

Was just about to post about this. The Spinal Tap songs can be purchased, but only 4 of them are up right now (Sex Farm is missing) and the little album cover artwork is missing. They're actually very fun to play. 

#4182 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Anthrax 4-pack for this coming Tuesday. Not my style so I'll pass but some of you will be happy about it.

#4183 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

Pass, pass, pass for me. I'm actually going to join back to sixstringcountry this week as they've been adding a lot of songs I want to learn and some country oriented blues lessons.

#4184 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Leaked from Xbox Marketplace

---
3/31 DLC - Spinal Tap 5-Pack, $11.99  (available atm on XB1)
Big Bottom
Gimme Some Money
Sex Farm
Stonehenge
Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight
---
4/7 DLC - Bush 4-Pack, $9.99  (available atm on XB1)
Comedown
Everything Zen
Glycerine
Swallowed
---

Any news if this will be available for pic thru steam ?
I'm interested in the bush pack

#4185 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

Any news if this will be available for pic thru steam ?
I'm interested in the bush pack

On the correct weeks, yes. The XB1 availability is a mistake that is probably already corrected.

#4186 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

On the correct weeks, yes. The XB1 availability is a mistake that is probably already corrected.

The 4 songs I could download are still up but yeah I think you're right, anyone trying to get these packs now is probably out of luck for a couple weeks.

#4187 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

Nothing for me. I'm still learning a lot of the base game songs, but if a coheed and cambria pack ever hits that'll be an instabuy. I may eventually get that st Patricks day pack though

#4188 wilflare   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2084 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

anyone playing the PS4 version?
I still have the PS3 2014 disc - just wondering if I need it to export any songs, etc whatsoever

#4189 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Game gave me my first barre chord tonight. That thing hurts!

#4190 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

If you want the Rocksmith 1 songs you have to export that disc or import into 2014 on your PS3. Then you can do rocksmith 2014 and download the import tool on the ps4, but only if you already did it on ps3 previously. Its not in the psn store just the in game store on ps4. Its confusing...

#4191 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

I am having detection issues with my new guitar. I don't have any issues with my bass, but even going through the first lessons, where I am holding down nothing but a single fret on the top string, the game doesn't seem to hear it. I have tried retuning and recalibrating and then jumping right back in to the lesson, but no luck.

Is there anything I can do to improve how Rocksmith picks up notes? I am worried it might be something with the guitar. I did mail order from Sam Ash, but the box arrived mint. Its a Squier Tele, so it wasn't super cheap, but is it potentially a build quality issue?

#4192 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Are you on X1? My guitars are really low on the One...

#4193 drastion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drastion

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

I am having detection issues with my new guitar. I don't have any issues with my bass, but even going through the first lessons, where I am holding down nothing but a single fret on the top string, the game doesn't seem to hear it. I have tried retuning and recalibrating and then jumping right back in to the lesson, but no luck.

Is there anything I can do to improve how Rocksmith picks up notes? I am worried it might be something with the guitar. I did mail order from Sam Ash, but the box arrived mint. Its a Squier Tele, so it wasn't super cheap, but is it potentially a build quality issue?

Your best bet is to check your intonation Just open the tools menu. There will be a mini tuner at the bottom of the screen. It will tell you the note rocksmith thinks you are playing.Then just pluck an open low e then put your finger down at the 12th fret and pluck agaun.You should get the same note hopefully without too much of that white line on either side of the note.

I have the same problem with my g string and have to pluck it very gently or it goes sharp and won't register.

#4194 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

So this is taken from musiciansfriend.com

"We'll beat any verified price from any authorized US dealer for the identical new item up to 45 days from purchase."

Called them today to beat guitarcenter on a pedal. Because they are partners, they would only match and not beat them. Anybody else feel like that's wrong? I mean, it was a verified price from an authorized dealer after all

#4195 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

They could have just as easily pulled a "Walmart" and beat it by 3 pennies ;) .

I don't know, that doesn't bug me too much since they did match it.  I've had times where they wouldn't match because it was the same family of stores.  Had to get into a discussion about their terms and asked them to point out where it stated such.

I've learned to not fight the bozo who denies it and just call back.  You'll usually get someone else who'll do it in 5 minutes, no questions, no trouble.

#4196 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

They wouldnt have had to beat their price by much. I was on the fence about the pedal and them not willing to beat the price was enough to sway me out of the purchase. A couple dollars off or a pack of picks or something, anything at all to make me feel like they were true to their policy

#4197 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

I wish I had kept some of those Akai pedals that we all got for $3 or whatever they were. :) on second thought, I have a shelf of unopened pedals.... And an unopened Line6 M13... And an HD500... Stupid sales...

#4198 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

I wish I had kept some of those Akai pedals that we all got for $3 or whatever they were. :) on second thought, I have a shelf of unopened pedals.... And an unopened Line6 M13... And an HD500... Stupid sales...

Good times :D/ .  Of  course, they quietly pulled those old PM policies

#4199 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Good times :D/ .  Of  course, they quietly pulled those old PM policies

It was an insane run, though. The Music123 123% PM policy was bad enough... Then add the MF policy on top of it. I think, with those Akai price matches, I ended up getting a $100 GC that got me my Jaguar AKG hard case for $30... Not to mention $2 packs of strings and 100 packs of picks for like $1 each...

Nothing will EVER top Best Buy, though. What I wouldn't give to get one more run like that in my life... It was so much fun actually being the proverbial kid in a candy shop... Especially when ALL the candy was free (after eBay-ing 1/3 of what I got every week).

#4200 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Ugh... I just missed out on a couple of BB deals; a pearl American tele and rough Mustang (that I would've nurtured back to health).  But still got some other deals out of their failures.

But I have a feeling your strat-loving butt's been neglecting the jag :-