PS2 ICO $9.99 Used at Bestbuy.com Ship2Store or In-store pickup only

kobberbean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
ICO for PS2 is one of the $9.99 titles on Bestbuy's used game sale.

Link

It also qualifies for the buy 2 used games, save 20%- thanks aardarf

That is lowest I have seen anywhere and comes with free store pickup/ship to store. Just cross your fingers for a complete copy.

Edit: Free shipping to Home went OOS. Still available for ship2store and store pickup though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blabadon']Good luck finding a copy. I would still recumbent Amazon for buying this masterpiece.[/QUOTE]

Why would he need luck finding a copy?

It's still in stock online.

The in store pick up is like Walmart's, where they ship it to the store, not that you have to find it in that store.

[quote name='Kaiser499']IMO this version is worthless now with the HD version out.[/QUOTE]

Considering I've been on/off searching for this game for a few years now (without paying an outrageous eBay price), it's worth quite a bit to me. Just to be able to finally put it on my shelf means something.

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got it plus Call of Juarez BiB, with the 20% 2 preowned deal. I'm gambling that I will be able to trade in ICO for more later...

[quote name='Temidien']Considering I've been on/off searching for this game for a few years now (without paying an outrageous eBay price), it's worth quite a bit to me. Just to be able to finally put it on my shelf means something.

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post :p[/QUOTE]
Exactly, the HD collection does nothing for collectors.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Exactly, the HD collection does nothing for collectors.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. I am a serious collector and I gladly traded my complete PS2 copy of this game into Amazon for $7.50, and Shadow of the Colossus for $6.00 into Amazon. No reason to own/play an inferior version of these games, even for collection purposes.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Not true at all. I am a serious collector and I gladly traded my complete PS2 copy of this game into Amazon for $7.50, and Shadow of the Colossus for $6.00 into Amazon. No reason to own/play an inferior version of these games, even for collection purposes.[/QUOTE]
Ok I understand what you're saying but you are just one person, so that doesnt make my comment "not true at all"

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok I understand what you're saying but you are just one person, so that doesnt make my comment "not true at all"[/QUOTE]
i can see your point of wanting to keep the originals in your collection, it's common amongst collectors to want to have the "original" and "altered" versions if you will, but game collecting, games in general are never going to get to the point where let's say SNES was/is in terms of value, if you are keeping them out of "rarity" or to hope they go up in price it won't happen, neither game is "rare" and they sure as hell aren't worth half of what the ebay gougers are wanting. But i see your point, if they remade any of the FF games on modern consoles and were completely superior i would still keep all mine, hell i have bought probably 8 different versions of most of the FF games (main serious obviously) over what? 4 different systems? NES/SNES, GBA, DS, PSX.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Not true at all. I am a serious collector and I gladly traded my complete PS2 copy of this game into Amazon for $7.50, and Shadow of the Colossus for $6.00 into Amazon. No reason to own/play an inferior version of these games, even for collection purposes.[/QUOTE]

Then you aren't a collecter. A collecter is someone who collects things, in this case PS2 games. This is like saying boxed copies of Chrono Trigger for the SNES are worthless now that the DS version is out.

Anyway, the PS2 has about 3x the PS3 userbase, so, as you can imagine, not everyone has access to the new version.

Also, you got ripped off on those trade in values, especially if Ico was complete.

[quote name='codeblue']Then you aren't a collecter. A collecter is someone who collects things, in this case PS2 games. This is like saying boxed copies of Chrono Trigger for the SNES are worthless now that the DS version is out.

Anyway, the PS2 has about 3x the PS3 userbase, so, as you can imagine, not everyone has access to the new version.

Also, you got ripped off on those trade in values, especially if Ico was complete.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

[quote name='AceBB6']Ouch.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought when I read that post...I'm glad I own the HD copy. I got it for $15 from Best Buy. I rented this game back in the day, and never got around to finishing it...

BB currently has this promo also: Save 20% when you buy two or more pre-owned titles.

Some good deals like $4.99 for Pure or Darksiders (360). Also, free shipping to home right now. I bought Ico and Darksiders for less than $13 total.

Thanks for the tip, OP!

Of course there is reason to 'own' an 'inferior' version for collection purposes. If it's more collectible. I have no idea what you mean. Collecting and playing are not related at all. I own terrible games that I would never play, but they're worth money so I keep them.

bad thing is the game is in so limited supply at best buy used games really not worth posting

right now there are 4 games on best buy USED that say ABLE TO SHIP yet the one i ordered back on oct 31 still have not shipped

Yeah, last time I tried to order three used games from BestBuy.com and have them "Ship to Store" the games never actually shipped out. After a month of inactivity I just cancelled the order. It always works out when I order new games though.

[quote name='f4t4lfury']BB currently has this promo also: Save 20% when you buy two or more pre-owned titles.

Some good deals like $4.99 for Pure or Darksiders (360). Also, free shipping to home right now. I bought Ico and Darksiders for less than $13 total.

Thanks for the tip, OP![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got Darksiders and Pure for $8.42 after tax.

Ico is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Seriously, don't buy this for anything other than collection purposes. The game is god tier on PS3. I won't be selling mine off but $10 is way too much just to have the horrid cover hiding in a box somewhere.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I would use my $10 holiday rewards cert, but I think I am just going to wait for the HD collection to come down in price.[/QUOTE]

How low do you want it to go? Lol. Did you miss out on the BBY deal where it was $15 after the gamer coupon?

Anyone who wants to buy my copy let me know. I found it at a local blockbuster and bought it to sell it to a fellow cag. I played it when it came out, got some nice memories of it (i remember I was impressed with the leaves on the trees), but I got no ps2 anymore and no need to have it. Paid about $10 bucks for it.

[quote name='Kaiser499']IMO this version is worthless now with the HD version out.[/QUOTE]not worthless but I paid $15 for the HD coll. so $10 for 1 game doesn't excite me.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I would use my $10 holiday rewards cert, but I think I am just going to wait for the HD collection to come down in price.[/QUOTE]If they sent you the holiday RZ cert 2 last month it would've been $5 + tax after @gamer coupon/sale price stack.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']How low do you want it to go? Lol. Did you miss out on the BBY deal where it was $15 after the gamer coupon?[/QUOTE]there was issues with that coupon but it was there to be had

[quote name='Enuf']not worthless but I paid $15 for the HD coll. so $10 for 1 game doesn't excite me.

If they sent you the holiday RZ cert 2 last month it would've been $5 + tax after @gamer coupon/sale price stack.

there was issues with that coupon but it was there to be had[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right. I had to go, and inquire about the coupons three times until it worked. I'm glad I was able to get it for $15. I thought he just missed the sale that's all.

bread's done
Back