(Now thru 12/21) The Complete Yu Yu Hakusho Blu-Ray Collection for $65 @ RightStuf!!!

JoePianist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a head's up on a VERY tempting "while supplies last" offer if you've been holding out on getting the "Yu Yu Hakusho" Blu-Ray volumes. All four seasons of the digitally remastered "Yu Yu Hakusho" series on Blu-Ray for the LOW price of $65 PLUS FREE US SHIPPING!! Plus, it comes with a nifty Funimation tote bag :cool:

Even if you do buy these volumes separately on Amazon with Prime's 2-day free shipping (we'll say that the average price per volume on Amazon is around $23), you'll still save about $25 by getting them all together on RightStuf.

I was going to save my money for the "After Thanksgiving Sales" and "Cyber Monday" deals, but I caved-in and got this bundle while it's still being offered.....this is definitely a deal at the level of a "Black Friday" offer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on getting this, I aready have the first season on bluray but this is actually cheaper than buying the other 3 separately. I am starting to be a big fan of rightstuf.

Wow that's really tempting. I've been watching them on DVD but I'd love to get this. I wonder how much i can resell my set for

Wow, that's a great deal! The street date for season 4 isn't even until the end of the month (yes, I know RightStuf ships stuff early)!

I was waiting for a sale on these so I could upgrade my four DVD sets, but I wasn't expecting one until TRSI's Christmas sale. Really don't want to spend the money now, but I don't think I can pass this up.

[quote name='62t']how is the quality of the blu ray?[/QUOTE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfbCzQ5fq9A pretty great actually. I probably should have waited for this, but I already bought all of the seasons on blu-ray. Worth it though, one of my all time favorites. The Dark Tournament is probably my favorite part of any anime series and seeing it in HD was awesome.

[quote name='62t']how is the quality of the blu ray?[/QUOTE]

Very top-notch video and audio quality remaster, especially considering this is a show from 1992. Funimation used the Blu-Ray masters from the 2010 Japanese Blu-Ray box sets for this release. Also, Funimation went back and corrected several mistakes on their original English dub, among other corrections from their previous DVD releases. Here's a review of the Season One Blu-Ray set from The Fandom Post, which is one of the few anime review sites that I trust

Spongebob%20Money.jpg

I would be all over this if I didn't already have the first two, which I bought for $17 each from Amazon already.

If I can find S3+4 at about that same price, it'll still work out in the end for me, for a bit cheaper too since tax is a bit of a killer.

That extra tote bag isn't really worth the extra money to me.

[quote name='Mako1215']I own all the DVDs, but would love to have this on blu. Hopefully it hits around $40 on black friday/[/QUOTE]

I don't even think this bundle will even be out by black friday since the last season doesn't come out until the end of November, so I doubt they'll run a black friday sale on pre-order items.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't even think this bundle will even be out by black friday since the last season doesn't come out until the end of November, so I doubt they'll run a black friday sale on pre-order items.[/QUOTE]

Haven't been paying attention to the releases, because I do own them already. Thought this was already out.

Has anyone ordered this yet and got a notice that its a preorder, because it doesnt say preorder on the page anywhere, I know season 4 isnt supposed to be officially released until late this month but I was wondering if they are shipping early if your order this?

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Has anyone ordered this yet and got a notice that its a preorder, because it doesnt say preorder on the page anywhere, I know season 4 isnt supposed to be officially released until late this month but I was wondering if they are shipping early if your order this?[/QUOTE]

I ordered this earlier today, and I received an Order Confirmation that they received my order, but I haven't heard when they will be shipping the bundle out. This is my first time ordering from RightStuf, but I've heard that they usually ship out new releases pretty early

[quote name='NDarkness']Man... I forgot how much I liked Yu Yu Hakusho. Opening and Ending themes were bangin'.[/QUOTE]

Mawatari Matsuko songs made those opening/credits.

[quote name='Squarehard']You should probably note it's a pre-order in the op title somewhere, since it technically is one.[/QUOTE]

I dont see how its a preorder if they ship it as soon as your order it and it doesnt say it anywhere on the order page, during checkout or in the email confirmations, so perhaps the op title needs revisement to clear up the confusion.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I dont see how its a preorder if they ship it as soon as your order it and it doesnt say it anywhere on the order page, during checkout or in the email confirmations, so perhaps the op title needs revisement to clear up the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...I'm not even sure if this is technically a pre-order myself......I'm going to change the title one more time, but I'm not going to be changing it any more after this

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I dont see how its a preorder if they ship it as soon as your order it and it doesnt say it anywhere on the order page, during checkout or in the email confirmations, so perhaps the op title needs revisement to clear up the confusion.[/QUOTE]

To be clear, I don't think Rightstuf actually marks any of their products as pre-orders, even though you can add stuff to your cart that aren't out yet.

And I don't think it will ship out right after ordering, which is why I think it's one of the many items that can be purchased, but not sent out right away.

But to the best of my knowledge, that's kind of what a pre-order is. You pre make the order before a release date, so to me, that's a pre-order.

Also, here is a link to their pre-order page, as you may notice, none of the item pages actually say pre-order anywhere, even though they're available for purchase and are not released yet.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/EUXS-TGbV=FhKwZaWN/browse/category/4/2833/0

I'm so tempted to jump on this but this month I've spent so much money on games already. I have all the DVDs but it might be time to upgrade...

[quote name='Squarehard']

If I can find S3+4 at about that same price, it'll still work out in the end for me, for a bit cheaper too since tax is a bit of a killer.[/QUOTE]

There is no tax for Rightstuf orders either... (unless you live in Iowa)

VERY tempting. I collected the whole series on DVD and picked them each up day of release, I remember going to Suncoast back in the day. XD One of my all time favorite anime. I've got the first season on Blu Ray, very tempted on picking this up. The quality of the Blu Ray has stunned me. Amazing

I already bought seasons 1, 2, and 3. I picked them all up in my goldbox though and have 4 in my goldbox. If you like yu yu, pick this up! It looks fantastic on bluray!

[quote name='Squarehard']To be clear, I don't think Rightstuf actually marks any of their products as pre-orders, even though you can add stuff to your cart that aren't out yet.

And I don't think it will ship out right after ordering, which is why I think it's one of the many items that can be purchased, but not sent out right away.

But to the best of my knowledge, that's kind of what a pre-order is. You pre make the order before a release date, so to me, that's a pre-order.

Also, here is a link to their pre-order page, as you may notice, none of the item pages actually say pre-order anywhere, even though they're available for purchase and are not released yet.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/EUXS-TGbV=FhKwZaWN/browse/category/4/2833/0[/QUOTE]

You have a valid point that they dont actually have the word preorder on the preorder pages but if you read the entire page you will notice a line that says Date Available which is on all preorders on thier site, and not on the yuyu hakusho bundle.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']You have a valid point that they dont actually have the word preorder on the preorder pages but if you read the entire page you will notice a line that says Date Available which is on all preorders on thier site, and not on the yuyu hakusho bundle.[/QUOTE]

I can see where you're getting at with that too, but it can also be a double edge sword since all the stuff that are out actually have release dates as well, so I don't know for sure either way with Righstuf's screwy system.

We'll just have to see how things go from here. :p

I don't know why anyone is concerned about it being a pre-order or not. Chances are you'll get it well before the 29th anyway, since it's a Funimation product being sold by Rightstuf.

They usually ship Funimation's stuff out a good couple of weeks in advance.

[quote name='Squarehard']I can see where you're getting at with that too, but it can also be a double edge sword since all the stuff that are out actually have release dates as well, so I don't know for sure either way with Righstuf's screwy system.

We'll just have to see how things go from here. :p[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was wondering if anyone who has ordered this already has gotten any notice that they have shipped it already.

thinking about getting this. my question is that is this a limited time thing? Or will this deal run on for a while till i have more cash to spend.

Had this been announced a while back before the single-season sets were released, I'd jump on this as a complete package. Like others in this thread, I've been picking them up from Amazon as they've been released.

Godddamn this deal was tempting and I just placed an order for it. I only caught the first season on tv but did like the show so can't wait to catch up on these episodes especially on blu ray!

I guess I kind of have an answer to the whole release date thing.

Thanks for contacting us here at Right Stuf. This bundle will be released when we have all four season available. The release date is Nov. 29 for Season 4, so I imagine it will release then. However, we have been know to get items from the manufacturer early, so there is no way to guarantee anything.

Pretty much the answer is everything we've already covered in this thread.

*shrug*

[quote name='Squarehard']I guess I kind of have an answer to the whole release date thing.

Pretty much the answer is everything we've already covered in this thread.

*shrug*[/QUOTE]

Oh well---thanks for sharing the info with us, though! I appreciate it :)

I'm guessing Right Stuf doesn't charge until the order is shipped?

Always liked the manga, and remember catching episodes way back in the early days of Adult Swim. Really tempted with this release.

Damn you Joe now I'm stuck fighting my desire to buy it again. I got rid of all my anime dvds a few years back and this is one of the few I regret not keeping. So now I'm having a hard time resisting this. Specially after seeing it at Best Buy so many times and being tempted..:wall:

This is a great deal. 60 cents about per episode in the best quality it'll probably ever get. I remember catching a few episodes before and during the tournament and I enjoyed the show. Thanks for the post OP.

I have been tempted to upgrade from my DVDs, and with this price, I ordered a set. Now to find out where unload the DVDs.

Damn, I might have to get these. I'm currently winning and ebay bid for all 4 DVD season for $30, but I'm sure I'll get outbid. These are tempting.

[quote name='gla55jAw']Damn, I might have to get these. I'm currently winning and ebay bid for all 4 DVD season for $30, but I'm sure I'll get outbid. These are tempting.[/QUOTE]

I saw that auction the other day, I think the person said they're selling them to get money to buy a wedding gown, lol

[quote name='Zaku77']So is this just all 4 season sets or do they come in like a box set together or something??[/QUOTE]

It's the 4 season sets, so it's not an actual box set of the whole series.

Just sold my DVD's on ebay for $60, so after fees I have ~$50 towards this.

Just a quick question (or three), How does Rightstuf ship their products? They have an estimate of 2-6 weeks, which seems pretty long. I'm guessing Media Mail? Additionally, do they provide tracking info?

bread's done
Back