$20 GC with purchase of ANY $59.99+ 360/PS3 Game - 3pm Fri to 1pm Sat at Toys R Us

boogie4114

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Toysrus

3pm Friday 11/11 - 1pm Saturday 11/12

This is part of this weekends doorbusters and a better deal if you only intend to get 1 title this week. Seems like the best deal so far on Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim by itself.

P.S Next week Toysrus could possibly be having their buy 1 get 1 40% all games like they did last year when Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit came out. If they offer giftcards with those games and it works like last year both promos can combine then you can get both of the newer games for $90 plus tax along with $30-40 gc which can be a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OGHowie']I wonder if anything will even be left after I get off from work on Friday?[/QUOTE]
Well, it it makes you feel a "little" better, there were still a dozen of "Uncharted 3" when I picked it up in the evening, on the day it came out at my local Target during the B2G1F deal.

I am not a big supporter of a "flat tax" but I would sure be supportive of a "flat price" on video games. All these different promos make my head spin. How about we just drop the price to $40 and not worry about all this other stuff.

[quote name='boogie4114']P.S Next week Toysrus could possibly be having their buy 1 get 1 40% all games like they did last year when Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit came out. If they offer giftcards with those games and it works like last year both promos can combine then you can get both of the newer games for $90 plus tax along with $30-40 gc which can be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Nope. At least not for 360 or PS3.

[quote name='golfing7861']Is there an ad or something that can confirm this 100%? If so, then I'll skip on midnight release tonight.[/QUOTE]

^ this

[quote name='golfing7861']Is there an ad or something that can confirm this 100%? If so, then I'll skip on midnight release tonight.[/QUOTE]

I have the ad but I can't post scans and prim should know about this as he works for TRU.

So Prim if that's not gonna happen next week why don't u fill us in a little about potential deals for next week?

It would be amazing if this stacked with the current promo of Buy two $60+ games, get a $40 gift card. I'm already getting MW3 for PS3 at TRU because of this promo, but if it stacked, I might have to get a bunch more games.

[quote name='kulaguy']It would be amazing if this stacked with the current promo of Buy two $60+ games, get a $40 gift card. I'm already getting MW3 for PS3 at TRU because of this promo, but if it stacked, I might have to get a bunch more games.[/QUOTE]

Based on the linked ad, this may in fact be that promotion.

[quote name='kulaguy']It would be amazing if this stacked with the current promo of Buy two $60+ games, get a $40 gift card. I'm already getting MW3 for PS3 at TRU because of this promo, but if it stacked, I might have to get a bunch more games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coren']Based on the linked ad, this may in fact be that promotion.[/QUOTE]

The buy 2 60+ promo ends on the 10th. The new promo starts at 3 pm on the 11th and goes until the 12th. No overlap.

[quote name='prim4444']Nope. At least not for 360 or PS3.[/QUOTE]

Actually I'd check next fridays ad ( the 18th and 19th)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Watch fools go buy mw3 tommorow at tru and ignore this deal[/QUOTE]

Well, to them... paying $5 more to have it on launch day might be worth it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The buy 2 60+ promo ends on the 10th. The new promo starts at 3 pm on the 11th and goes until the 12th. No overlap.[/QUOTE]

Umm... I don't know where you heard this from, but the TRU Weekly Ad says the Buy 2 get $40 GC is valid till Nov 12.

[quote name='kulaguy']Umm... I don't know where you heard this from, but the TRU Weekly Ad says the Buy 2 get $40 GC is valid till Nov 12.[/QUOTE]

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus...-this-weeks-ad

I get it because when you put your cursor over the Promotion is CLEARLY states that it runs from Nov 6th - Nov 10th. AND if you have the physical copy of the ad then you can read that under the ** portion of the deal it states the following.

"** In-store purchase only. Quantities Limited;No rain Checks. Promotional Gift Card valid 6 hours after activation and expires 1/28/12, except where prohibited. Offer expires 11/10/11."

When you click on the promo through the website it states again the deal ends on 11/10/11. For some reason they list the end date as 11/12/11 under that ** part but I am going to take 3 out 4 saying the deal is done on 11/10/11 as the truth.

EDIT: OK this is interesting. My online ad and the physical ad for me (Wisconsin) states the GC promo goes till 11/10/11 but when I change the location to Utah the online ad now says till 11/12/11. I wonder if this is a regional thing? And those that have the deal through 11/12/11 might not be getting the buy one get $20 gc deal.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus...-this-weeks-ad

I get it because when you put your cursor over the Promotion is CLEARLY states that it runs from Nov 6th - Nov 10th. AND if you have the physical copy of the ad then you can read that under the ** portion of the deal it states the following.

"** In-store purchase only. Quantities Limited;No rain Checks. Promotional Gift Card valid 6 hours after activation and expires 1/28/12, except where prohibited. Offer expires 11/10/11."

When you click on the promo through the website it states again the deal ends on 11/10/11. For some reason they list the end date as 11/12/11 under that ** part but I am going to take 3 out 4 saying the deal is done on 11/10/11 as the truth.

EDIT: OK this is interesting. My online ad and the physical ad for me (Wisconsin) states the GC promo goes till 11/10/11 but when I change the location to Utah the online ad now says till 11/12/11. I wonder if this is a regional thing? And those that have the deal through 11/12/11 might not be getting the buy one get $20 gc deal.[/QUOTE]

I saw the ad expires on 11/12/2011 too.

[quote name='foreinter']I saw the ad expires on 11/12/2011 too.[/QUOTE]

Do me a favor. On the online ad change the location to 53402 and check the expiration date. Anyone would do. :)

[quote name='boogie4114']I have the ad but I can't post scans and prim should know about this as he works for TRU.
[/QUOTE]

My store hasn't received this ad yet.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']Actually I'd check next fridays ad ( the 18th and 19th)[/QUOTE]

or this one.

So it appears that the some mid-west states MN, WI, MI, IL, IA have the Buy 1 get $15 and buy 2 get $40 ending on 11/10/11 but most of the other states are listed as 11/12/11. I could understand a printing error but not sure why the online part is still listing it this way.

Yeah, my ad says 6-12 too. I plan to pick up Skyrim for myself and MW3 for my friend (assuming they have that in stock still).

I went into TRU at midnight for MW3 and yeah, the 15/40 at my store runs through the 12th. I asked about the doorbuster 20 and he didn't deny it either so maybe it'll run... concurrently? Most likely won't be able to double dip in any case.

He wouldn't allow me to buy multiple copies of MW3 though, lol. Said they went OoS last time with Blops since people bought a crapton w/ a GC offer.

Anyone know if this will stack with this week's deal on Skylanders? (The deal is buy a starter set and get a free legendary 3 pack)? If so, this could be quite a deal for people who have waited on Skylanders.

[quote name='Frankski']Anyone know if this will stack with this week's deal on Skylanders? (The deal is buy a starter set and get a free legendary 3 pack)? If so, this could be quite a deal for people who have waited on Skylanders.[/QUOTE]

It does, or at least the $15 does right now. I would assume the $20 on Friday will as well.

how is it possible to get the $20 GC with MW3 AND 40% off a 2nd game when the GC offer ends on sunday and the supposed 40% deal starts on sunday

Ok question so say I buy one get the $20 gc then 4 hrs later buy another use my $20 gc and I'll receive another $20 gift card is that how it will work ???

[quote name='thegame956']Ok question so say I buy one get the $20 gc then 4 hrs later buy another use my $20 gc and I'll receive another $20 gift card is that how it will work ???[/QUOTE]

Yes but you have to wait 6 hours, not 4.

[quote name='bojay1997']It does, or at least the $15 does right now. I would assume the $20 on Friday will as well.[/QUOTE]

What 15 dollars now?

[quote name='Frankski']What 15 dollars now?[/QUOTE]

The weekly ad is offering a $15 gift card if you buy one Xbox or PS3 game $60 or above or a $40 if you buy two. So, I bought Skylanders for $70 the 360 on Sunday and got the $20 three pack of characters free and a $15 GC. I probably would have waited until Friday for this promo had I known, but it still was a better deal than I had found elsewhere on this game.

I've been distilling my gaming choices down to a few types that I really enjoy, and you know what, I think Skylanders will scratch that itch. Come on Friday!

Eagerly awaiting confirmation on this. Sounds good. I'm not too sure if Skyrim is right for me or not, but a $20 card would help me venture into the unknown. I'd gladly put it to use for Rayman Origins or something else that would otherwise go unnoticed.

[quote name='folkie_1']Eagerly awaiting confirmation on this. Sounds good. I'm not too sure if Skyrim is right for me or not, but a $20 card would help me venture into the unknown. I'd gladly put it to use for Rayman Origins or something else that would otherwise go unnoticed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IronZombie']I would love confirmation on this. Would give me a good reason to pick up MW3 this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Confirming it. This deal will override the $15 gift card deal for the week. You will not be able to double dip.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Is this in-store only or online only or both?[/QUOTE]

Anytime there is a deal that involves a free gift card, it is always in store only.

[quote name='prim4444']Confirming it. This deal will override the $15 gift card deal for the week. You will not be able to double dip.

Anytime there is a deal that involves a free gift card, it is always in store only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I appreciate the reply! I'm in for Skyrim!

Thanks prim.

Gonna see if BBY will match this so I can get $20 off my HE and Skyrim.

If not I'll just get Skyrim at TRU and snag AC:R AT BBY

This is starting to get insane and really pissing me off. First MW3 goes on sale not AT release but JUST AFTER. Now TRU ups their gc's at the end of the week during the promo for $15 gc's.

I can handle two our three weeks, but two or three days?

[quote name='JKSonic']This is starting to get insane and really pissing me off. First MW3 goes on sale not AT release but JUST AFTER. Now TRU ups their gc's at the end of the week during the promo for $15 gc's.

I can handle two our three weeks, but two or three days?[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. This is getting nuts. It's almost seeming like the best deals for some new releases are right after they come out.....

bread's done
Back