How do you tell if a Fedex shipment requires signature?

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I've gotten enough packages from UPS that I know it'll say straight on the tracking that signature is required.

But I haven't gotten any from FedEx that require signature. And tomorrow I'm getting a pricey item delivered, and was wondering how to know if a signature is required for FedEx shipments.

The reason I ask this is because seeing this image:
groundholdatlocv01_330x100.jpg

I'm not sure whether that's just an advertisement, or a way to tell me that the package is going to require a signature.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']The reason I ask this is because seeing this image:
groundholdatlocv01_330x100.jpg

I'm not sure whether that's just an advertisement, or a way to tell me that the package is going to require a signature.[/QUOTE]

That's actually something different where they physically hold it for you at the FedEx office instead of trying to deliver it to you if it does require a signature.

As far as if it requires one, I'm not sure, but most of my FedEx packages I generally sign for, so I don't have an answer for that.

But the hold shipment thing is something completely different since you have to physically go to the office to sign for it.

How about you call FedEx with the tracking number, identify yourself as the recipient, and ask them if it's required?

I think you could also find out the same information on the FedEx website with the tracking number.

Well the package came in while I was in class and was just left on the doorstep, thankfully it didn't require a signature.

And thanks shrike, I'll keep that in mind next time.

I know I've made this request over the phone when I had the tracking number, so I don't think it should matter. Though, as you said it was "a pricey item", I'm surprised the shipper didn't mark it as signature required to make sure it was delivered without issue. It's an extra fee, like $2 or so, though guarantees someone will be there to sign for it.

There should be an mention on your tracking order saying if an signature is required. The picture posted above is simply FedEx suggesting if you won't be around when the package is to be dropped off if you want to have them bring it later or have it available at an FedEx location for pick up there.

bread's done
Back