CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/360) $51.99 + $25 Credit Toward 1 Year XBL at Amazon

[quote name='evenfl0w']Sweet. Might have to double dip and pickup the PS3 version as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to hold off on this due to BF3...but I don't know if I can fight the temptation any longer. :lol:

For everyone asking "why wait?" It's because they are hoping for more post release sales. Why drop it before release if you hit your sale numbers? Plus it's been released so this isn't covered by the preorder guarantee.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Fo everyone asking "why wait?" It's because they were hoping for more sales. Why drop it if you hit your sale numbers? Plus it's been released so this isn't covered by the preorder guarantee.[/QUOTE]

actually preorder price guarantee is valid until end of release day.

it probably has more to do with the last minute cancellations or the activision map. Amazon had no deal attached and almost every retail store was having a midnight launch. It was a no brainer for most.

[quote name='KotnmthKng']Wish they would add some kind of deal for PS3, like a credit towards a PSN card[/QUOTE]

Amen! That's all I want. Even a $15 off a $50 PSN card would have been nice.

So I ordered it for 56.99 of course and talked to CSR via chat...they gave me a $5.00 credit on Amazon items. Basically $8 off MSRP, no tax and free RDD. I'll take it. And my live expires in March so I guess I'll use that $25 off also.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Amen! That's all I want. Even a $15 off a $50 PSN card would have been nice.[/QUOTE]

That would be great because I would use it for elite

The price drop does not make sense because all the preorders now get the discount too. I still think you will be able to get it for $35 to $40 by black Friday. I am holding out.

Dig this. I canceled my pre-Order on Sunday and just got this email! :)
---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox 360. Now it's time to get you your bonus codes.

These codes will give you access to the American Special Forces Xbox Live avatar outfit.

[quote name='KotnmthKng']That would be great because I would use it for elite[/QUOTE]
People will be going to Kmart for their xbox copy to get elite for $30. Sucks we don't get any thing like that.

[quote name='KotnmthKng']Wish they would add some kind of deal for PS3, like a credit towards a PSN card[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they could/would have, but unfortunately, for some still unknown reason, Amazon no longer sells PSN cards/codes or PSN game download codes. :cry:

But I guess that also is determined by the publisher or Sony, so who really knows for certain.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']The price drop does not make sense because all the preorders now get the discount too. I still think you will be able to get it for $35 to $40 by black Friday. I am holding out.

Dig this. I canceled my pre-Order on Sunday and just got this email! :)
---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox 360. Now it's time to get you your bonus codes.

These codes will give you access to the American Special Forces Xbox Live avatar outfit.

[/QUOTE]

You can barely get Blops for $35-40. No way MW3 is that cheap in less than 3 weeks. I also think CAG is starting to romanticize Black Friday. Yes there are deals but not the kind of stuff people keep talking about. Game release in the last 8 weeks are not going to see $30 price points unless the sold bad.

[quote name='henhowc']Talked to CSR using livechat and they simply said that the price adjustment should automatically get done for any pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Did your order ship yet? I could only get the CSR to give me the $5 promo credit.

[quote name='newtypex']Did your order ship yet? I could only get the CSR to give me the $5 promo credit.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Mine shipped this afternoon. Their website also states the following:

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price within 48 hours of the release date"

Should be a non-issue.

Can I do anything to get $5 added to my account? My order of MW3 shipped on Monday 4:36 pm. I sent customer service a message and this is what I got.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.
You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502
Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Best regards,
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
---- Original message: ----

---------------
11/08/11 01:25:15
Your Name:
Selected Order Items:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Comments:Hi , I ordered Call of Duty MW3 from amazon at 56.99 and now the price went down by $5 before it was shipped. Will I get a refund of five dollars?
---------------

Let me know through a pm if I can do anything about this. I'm new to amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']You can barely get Blops for $35-40. No way MW3 is that cheap in less than 3 weeks. I also think CAG is starting to romanticize Black Friday. Yes there are deals but not the kind of stuff people keep talking about. Game release in the last 8 weeks are not going to see $30 price points unless the sold bad.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If you find MW3 for 40 dollars on Black Friday I'll be surprised. 50 dollars is more like it.

When I ordered the 12-month sub of Xbox LIVE last night I got $10+$25 off, I'm pretty sure it applied the "turtle beach" credit to LIVE. So I ended up getting it for $25.

Thanks Cheapy and Amazon! I don't think you can beat this deal. I was planning to drive 45 mins one way to Toys R us for the $40 gift card but that would make me buy a 2nd video game that I wasn't planning on purchasing.

[quote name='hollowfreak']When I ordered the 12-month sub of Xbox LIVE last night I got $10+$25 off, I'm pretty sure it applied the "turtle beach" credit to LIVE. So I ended up getting it for $25.[/QUOTE]

I just bought the code, I got the extra $10 too.

So with the price drop and $25 credit, you are saving $33 bucks. Now I'm tempted even though MW2 and Black Ops are still in my backlog. lol Must resist.

I just got the email for the $25 off XBL on my Hardened Edition of MW3. I also got 1 day shipping for free bc Amazon messed up an someone killed my release date delivery on it. Ill take the waiting for the $25 off XBL :) I was due this month anyway.

Im a COD hater, but broke down and bought it, I sold black ops for 30 a few months ago, and even thogh BF is much better, COD is like crack

[quote name='danh35']I just bought the code, I got the extra $10 too.[/QUOTE]

i think a lot of people probably have a $10 xbox live credit in their account from when they were giving them away like candy earlier in the year. I guess it stacks. Uhm, I may have xbox live again if they send me an email for my hardened.

This is whata I said to get the 5 refund.

Me:price drop6:29:33 AM
Aman:Hello my name is Aman, I'll be happy to assist you.6:30:31 AM
Aman:Hi Ian6:30:35 AM

Me:Hi I pre-orderd MW3 and the price just dropped and my CC was charged the pre-price drop price. 6:31:35 AM
Me:I should have the pre-order price guarantee.6:32:44 AM

Aman:OK6:32:52 AM
Aman:please tell me have you received it?6:33:00 AM

Me:The game? No6:33:23 AM

Aman:OK6:33:29 AM
Aman:Ian, I can see that the new price is $51.996:34:33 AM

Me:yes6:34:55 AM
Me:i was charged 56.996:35:03 AM

Aman:OK6:35:07 AM
Aman:I am processing the refund of $5 right now and will send you an email conformation for it. 6:35:26 AM

Me:eek:k that will be great6:35:53 AM

Aman:OK6:36:24 AM
Aman:Is there anything else, I can assist you with?6:36:25 AM

Me:no where you able to send me a confirmation email?6:37:21 AM

Aman:I'll send it to you in within 2-4 minutes. 6:37:55 AM

Me:eek:k great. Thanks Aman6:38:19 AM

Aman:You're welcome Ian6:38:28 AM
Aman:Is there anything else, I can assist you with?6:38:32 AM

Me:no have a great day.6:38:43 AM

Aman:OK6:39:18 AM
Aman:It was nice chatting with you Ian. 6:39:26 AM
Aman:Take care, Have a lovely time ahead.6:39:31 AM
Aman:Thank you for visiting Amazon.com6:39:31 AM
Aman:Bye

This is so weird. I follow the link for the 360 version and the description page says the game is in my gold box. But it isn't. So now I can't even add it to my cart! Is there a way around this?

MjC

[quote name='hollowfreak']When I ordered the 12-month sub of Xbox LIVE last night I got $10+$25 off, I'm pretty sure it applied the "turtle beach" credit to LIVE. So I ended up getting it for $25.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if that's the reason. I'm trying to buy it now, and it's not giving me the extra $10 off.

Chatted with CS, I was told the refund will happen automatically within the next 48 hours and that they will follow up to make sure it goes through correctly. Which is according to the usual policy, but on rare occasions I haven't received the refund I was supposed to, so I try to be proactive now. It's a lot harder to try to work with a clueless CSR after the fact to try to get something corrected.

Geeze so do I actually have to call in order to get them to follow their price-matching policy? After reading that post a couple weeks ago about the guy who got banned for constantly complaining to Amazon, I almost just wanna let it go. I already got the game shipped from them for about $48, and my Live expires in a month, so I'm happy with the deals. I just hope they refund that $5 and I don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops. MW3 shipped at release for $43? You can't beat that, it won't be that low of a price for a while!!

Just called and finally was able to get a CSR to give me a $5 promo good for anything shipped by amazon...I think they were giving me problems because I had called to get the price adjustment from 59.99 to 56.99 a few weeks ago. guess its time to lay low and not call amazon CS for awhile so I don't get banned lol :roll:

Are you guys that are calling getting a $5 credit in addition to getting the $5 refunded? Also, when I try to buy the xbox Live code using the discount from this game it prompts me to enter in my CC info and my name. Is this normal? You would think that it would just prompt me to use the info already associated with my account.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Geeze so do I actually have to call in order to get them to follow their price-matching policy?[/QUOTE]
Most likely no. It usually happens automatically like it should.

I pre-ordered the Hardened edition. I emailed to ask if I'd get the credit for the hardened edition. They responded saying no but here's a $10 credit for anything. Then I got an email with my $25 XBL credit. So I just ordered my year of XBL for $25 total. Awesome.

bread's done
Back