Server changes, please report any issues here

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
We've been making some changes to the server setup in preparation for the busy holiday season, which has involved implementing a new caching system that will improve performance during peak times. Since it represents a pretty significant change in the way our web servers deliver pages, we're expecting there'll be a few bugs that need ironing out. If you've noticed something that isn't working correctly, please let us know in this thread - and be as descriptive as possible. We need:

- Any relevant errors messages, pasted directly from the page you're seeing.
- The URL of the page where you're seeing the error message.
- The URL of the page you were on before seeing this error. (If relevant - for example, if you were logging in.)
- Any other details that'll help us reproduce the error - for example, if you're using the mobile style, if you're using a mobile device, etc.

Issues so far:
- Some users have reported problems with relative links breaking when viewing the site through the mobile style - FIXED
- A couple of users have reported problems with logging in through the main site (not the mobile style), but so far I've been unable to replicate this. If you're having this problem, please post below with any error messages/URLs we can use to test the problem. (log in through www3.cheapassgamer.com to post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John, if you follow the 'Forum Index' link from the menu bar, any access to forums becomes hindered. You get a typical 404:

Code:
The requested URL /forumdisplay.php was not found on this server.
It's not taking you to the correct indexing page.

[quote name='Jodou']Hey John, if you follow the 'Forum Index' link from the menu bar, any access to forums becomes hindered. You get a typical 404:

Code:
The requested URL /forumdisplay.php was not found on this server.
It's not taking you to the correct indexing page.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue.

[quote name='jello44']I'm having the same issue.[/QUOTE]
Workaround is adding /index.php to the URL for now.

Ha, nevermind; he fixed it.

[quote name='Jodou']Workaround is adding /index.php to the URL for now.

Ha, nevermind; he fixed it.[/QUOTE]

's what I was doing anyway.

[quote name='GUNNM']Is this an issue? Got feedback but my counter didn't go up should be at 12[/QUOTE]
That number is unique traders, two of your transactions are with the same person.

Sometimes my browser switches to what looks like the mobile phone version but will revert back when I click forums

[quote name='GUNNM']Sometimes my browser switches to what looks like the mobile phone version but will revert back when I click forums[/QUOTE]

When did that last happen?

I've noticed the mobile site randomly appearing as well. Refreshing the page will usually fix it and show the main site layout again, but not always.

This issue started for me last night (Tuesday). It seems intermittent and I can't replicate it. So far, I've seen it when using the following:

• Firefox 7.0.1 on Win 7
  • The browser on the HP TouchPad

[quote name='zod1976']I've noticed the mobile site randomly appearing as well. Refreshing the page will usually fix it and show the main site layout again, but not always.

This issue started for me last night (Tuesday). It seems intermittent and I can't replicate it. So far, I've seen it when using the following:

• Firefox 7.0.1 on Win 7
  • The browser on the HP TouchPad
[/QUOTE]

It should be fixed as of an hour ago - let me know if happens again.

I usually view the forums using the mobile version on my Android phone. Today, the site has reverted to the desktop version. I tried rebookmarking the mobile iOS version from the "CAG on your mobile devices" topic and it worked for awhile, but after some forum surfing it has since changed back to the desktop version.

[quote name='redflare']I usually view the forums using the mobile version on my Android phone. Today, the site has reverted to the desktop version. I tried rebookmarking the mobile iOS version from the "CAG on your mobile devices" topic and it worked for awhile, but after some forum surfing it has since changed back to the desktop version.[/QUOTE]

When you're browsing the site in desktop mode on your phone, do you see a link in the header to switch to the mobile style?

I've had problems logging in and staying logged in on both the full site and the mobile site.
The mobile site will log me out every time I attempt to access my subscriptions link. This has been happening since this past weekend. Having "Remember me" checked seems to do nothing.
The full site was not giving me any trouble until yesterday when I was logged out randomly and it took several log on attempts to actually stay logged in.

EDIT: Using the latest version of FF for the full site and Safari on iPhone for the mobile site.

[quote name='John']When did that last happen?[/QUOTE]
Happened all last night it would go away in other sections but in the video game section it was total white I'll take a screen cap next time

[quote name='John']When you're browsing the site in desktop mode on your phone, do you see a link in the header to switch to the mobile style?[/QUOTE]

I found the link and clicked it and it seems to be working.fine now. I was just confused because I have never had an issue before with it. Thank you!

The mobile view stopped working for me as well. I don't see the mobile view link in the header. Where should it be?

Note: the links in the "CAG on your mobile device" topic work fine. So maybe something broke my old bookmark.

-frap

[quote name='Trakan']Database errors and slow loading pages today at about 8:10 PM CST.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me restarting the database server - all good now.

bread's done
Back