dv8mad HIGHBALL #2 Has Ended.

dv8mad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
725 (100%)
RULES
READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE PARTICIPATING PLEASE

Make an offer of what you will give me in exchange for the brand new system listed below. Your offer should be all inclusive. I will not be charging shipping for this item at the end, so you will want to take that into consideration. The winner will receive the system in exchange for all the items they have offered. Nothing more and nothing less.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Example offer:
$100 Amazon Payment
:br: Resident Evil: Afterlife (Used - Like New)
:br: Shutter Island (Used - Like New)
:ps3: Resistance 3 (New/Sealed)
White DS Lite system (Working but light wear and tear)
A pack of orange Tic-Tacs (New)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically, just be thorough in your description and give details when necessary.
Again, I will accept any offer, but offers consisting of money and/or items listed on my want list will be more heavily considered.

1. You may offer only ONE time within this thread from the start to the finish.
2. Just like a lowball, you are responsible for your offer. If your offer is accepted, items no longer being available is not acceptable.
3. Any offer is valid, but I will choose only one offer to accept at the end. No matter what, one of the offers will be accepted.
4. If also offering money, please give the total amount that I will receive after fees and such.
5. Edits are not acceptable. Please make sure your offer is accurate before submitting.

The HIGHBALL will end and offers will no longer be accepted early Sunday the 20th for me. That will most likely be sometime late Saturday the 19th for you.
Once the HIGHBALL has ended, I will consider all offers and accept which I feel is best, no matter what it may be. I will contact the winner and give them a U.S. shipping address (thelonepig) in order to ship my items. The package should be shipped out within one week. Any monetary payment should be made within 3 days of the HIGHBALL end.
Once tlp receives the package, I will ask him to verify the contents and then I will ship your system to your preferred address.

:ps3: Tales of Xillia 160GB PS3 Bundle (NEW)

SYSTEM FAQ

Will my games work in a Japanese system?
Yes! PS3 games are region free.

Can I play the blu-rays I buy in the U.S.?
Yes! Japan and North America (so you too Canada) are both Region A for blu-ray.

How about DVDs?
Region 2 (Japan) DVDs can be played on this system so, you can either - A - Consider it to be a great jumping on point for rare Japanese media or - B - Get with the times, Gramps, and go blu and/or get a stand alone DVD player.

Do I need a different power supply?
Absolutely not! Western Japan has the same power requirements as North America.

Will the OS be in English?
Yep! You can select your language at the beginning of the system setup process.

Will my US bluetooth devices sync to it?
Assuming they are not broken, yes.

Will my controllers work?
Yes, even your friends controllers will work!

Can it download US-specific programs like Netflix?
A Sony update at the end of last year based Netflix/Hulu services off IP addresses rather than hardware, so yes, all systems on a North American IP address will have access to these programs.

Are X and O functions reversed on games or just the system menu?
All games will play as originally intended. The system menu will work as stated above, X to cancel and O to approve. You know, the way it makes sense. ;)

Is the factory warranty transferable and does it apply to overseas owners?
Gray area! The stamp in the box will allow warranty coverage to anyone that has it, but I am not sure about having a system from outside the region repaired in North America. I had luck having my Sony laptop from the U.S. repaired here and also with a couple Logitech products from the U.S., but some other things I have struck out on when it comes to international service. I would say it's probably going to be case-by-case and you may have to plead your case a bit. If all else fails and it would be cheaper for you to get it here for repairs, I can always help the winner out. Of course, PS3 slims have proven to be pretty reliable, so I wouldn't foresee any type of troubles hopefully.

Will certain PS+ features like cloud storage still work?
According to Sony, all online services are now IP based, so you should have access to everything as per the norm once you load on your profile.

Do J-PS3s output resolutions other than 720/1080p?

Nope. Japan uses the same NTSC standards as North America, so expect it all to be the same.

But, I already have all the things I need.
11295748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AugustAPC']Such a gorgeous PS3, though I'll never own one.

Grats to whoever wins this beast.[/QUOTE]
This. I know I have a few things on your want list though, so I might put something up just for chuckles.

I have about a 1/6 a bottle of Cap'n Morgan's spiced rum.

I could let you have about half of it. Of course I would require free shipping.

If this is a highball, it should start high, and the person who bids lowest should win. You know, it's only fair @_@

NTSC PS3 Slim 120GB Complete In Box with all paperwork and everything.
:ps3: Splatterhouse Sealed
:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes Mint
:ps3: Yakuza 3 Mint
Catherine (Not the super closeup cover image)
:xbox: Star Wars KOTOR II
:xbox: Shadow the Hedgehog
:xbox: Lord of The Rings The Third Age
:xbox: Lord of The Rings Fellowship of The Ring
PS1 Resident Evil 2

[quote name='Ash Burton']NTSC PS3 Slim 120GB Complete In Box with all paperwork and everything.
:ps3: Splatterhouse Sealed
:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes Mint
:ps3: Yakuza 3 Mint
Catherine (Not the super closeup cover image)
:xbox: Star Wars KOTOR II
:xbox: Shadow the Hedgehog
:xbox: Lord of The Rings The Third Age
:xbox: Lord of The Rings Fellowship of The Ring
PS1 Resident Evil 2[/QUOTE]

Is that 360 Catherine?
And BTW, with that offer, you have already earned a place of honor at the top of my regular trade list. ;)

Okay, here it goes.

$100 PayPal
:psp: Dissidia (Mint)
:psp: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] (Sealed)
:psp: Persona 2 (Sealed but outer box has a dent on the side)
:ps3: Resistance 3 (Mint but Online Pass used)
:ps3: TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll (Very Good)
:br: Napoleon Dynamite (Mint)
:br: Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Not the Extended Edition (Sealed)
:br: The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Sealed)
Kidrobot x Street Fighter NYCC Exclusive Glow in the Dark Blanka (Sealed)
Grand Theft Auto 3 10th Anniversary T-Shirt (Large)
Street Fighter vs. Tekken Poster signed by Yoshinori Ono

Pictures can be provided.

One caveat to my proposal is that I am unable to send payment till November 24/25. If that is an issue, I will withdraw my offer.

PSP with 16 GB card and red case, charger, screen protectors
Dissidia 012 (with DLC from PSN)
Lifetime supply of free PSN games with the addition of always having $20 a month to spend on whatever you want on PSN.
One 72 pack of diapers for your newborn bought on Amazon for you
$50 worth of baby clothes from my work (target, you'd need to tell me the size)
Uncharted 3 (sealed)
Killzone 3 (Sealed)
Ico/SoTC collection
Cross Edge
Tron Original Classic (Sealed, Blu)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (sealed)
Naked photos of my fiance ;)

I don't think I can beat Ash's, but this is me trying!

All 8 seasons of 24 + Redemption on DVD in great condition (no outer slipcase for S2)
An 8x10 signed photo of me wearing a life-sized Bioshock Splicer mask (pics available)
Cops: Bad Girls DVD (bad)
XBOX 360 Wal-mart Gift Card with $0 balance (used)
Athlete's Foot Mini Microbe plush (like n'eww)
One Mitten (sad)
LEGO Ninjago mini-figure
Cow-shaped LED Flashlight (moo's when on)
A Flashlight-shaped Flashlight (used)
You Don't Know Jack (360) (used)
$1,000 Monopoly Dollars (my choice of denomination)
A Lock of Virgin Justin Bieber's Hair (not authenticated)
5 mystery items that may or may not offend you

-A light up pig alarm clock that still lights up but the display is broken.
-A like new small pink panda baby blanket that was used to keep a certain Kirbster warm on chilly mornings.
-A Captain America look-alike belt for tiny waists.
-One Nametag from my place of work with my name (you can fill in for me on any desired day.)
-A very rare Bioshock 'Rapture' poster created and printed out for you by yours truly (11x17)
-The last ever copy of the Phenomenecronomicon Demo 2009 (complete with sticker) #24/40
-My 5.4 frequent buyer points to Dimple records in California
-The only copy of the entire Ocean's Next Victim discography with ULTRA RARE extra ~500,000 Octopus Mega Womb High Five~ split, the only Sleeper Ship release ever, and all of Governor 2 Fly's tracks, with rough vocal tracks in tow.

Hey, you can't have a dv8 highball without me trying to put as much crap as possible for the guy. MAYBE THIS TIME! MAYBE! :(

Hexyz Force
Lufia 2 snes cart only
Breath of Fire 1,2 gba complete
Pokemon White
gba sp cobalt blue
Breath of Fire 3 ps1 disk only
Suikoden Tierkreis
Fire Emblem Shadow DragonProfessor Layton and teh Diabolical Box

:360:
Fear 3
Gears 3
Splatterhouse

:ps3:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Atelier Totori
Cross Edge
Trinity

:psp:
Dissidia
Star Ocean 2nd Story

:br:
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic: 2nd Raid
Shutter Island

:gc:
Zelda Wind Waker

$100 Paypal or Amazon GC

I'm not really one to trade stuff, I like my collection. However, I'd offer you $350, in your choice of payment. Paypal, amazon, gold, silver, farmland (i hear this is the new gold).

[quote name='Ash Burton']Lufia 2 FTW! I love that game :)

@dv8, thanks and yes it is the 360 version[/QUOTE]

Well it's clearly worth like a billion dollars then.;)

[quote name='Ash Burton']Cheese and crackers, I didn't realize we could offer cash! I never read the rules...[/QUOTE]

Haha, i think your bid is still better or at least as good as mine. I just threw it out there if he'd rather buy the stuff himself.

Demon Souls Deluxe Edition - Sealed
PS3 Assassin's Creed 2 Master Assassin's Edition - Sealed
PS2 .hack Rebirth Special Edition - Used, complete

AM I DOING IT RIGHT?

X Box 360
FEAR 3 - XBOX 360 - Sealed
Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition - XBOX 360-Sealed
Skylanders -XBOX 360- Sealed

PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes PS3- Sealed
Cross X Edge PS3 - Like New
Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition PS3-Sealed

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy PSP - Sealed
Star Ocean Second Evolution - PSP-Sealed

BD/DVD
Full Metal Panic BD-Sealed
Full Meal Panic The Second Raid - BD-Sealed
Firefly BD-Sealed
Serenity BD - Sealed
Monty Python & the Holy Grail Collector's Edition DVD

PC
Psychonauts (moved from cardboard box to a alpha DVD box) 2000/XP (new-opened)
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition--Sealed

Misc.
30 Taco Bell Fire Sauce Packets
Random number of size 1 diapers.

Eh, why not throw my hat in the ring. :)

• I'll cover shipping on the first six packages forwarded from me to you in 2012.
  • Your choice of $30 worth of items from me in each of those six packages (blurays, games, clothes, candy, whatever - provided it's legal ;)).

[quote name='thelonepig']Eh, why not throw my hat in the ring. :)

• I'll cover shipping on the first six packages forwarded from me to you in 2012.
  • Your choice of $30 worth of items from me in each of those six packages (blurays, games, clothes, candy, whatever - provided it's legal ;)).
[/QUOTE]

TLP you forgot to include:

1 Taeyeon - best singer in Girls Generation but takes a seat to Jessica. ;)

[quote name='backseatdog']So...what's the best offer so far?[/QUOTE]

I won't be commenting on the packages until I choose the winner at the end. It wouldn't be very fair to the other people that had already made their one submission if I said package #314 was winning and then people just started offering that +$1.

As I said though, I will be accepting one offer no matter what and, right now, I am considering 3 or 4 of the offers that have been made so far.

I lied, I will comment on one package... Get that crap out of here Vulgarism! It didn't work last time, and it won't work this time! :booty:

Alright, sure why not. If you'll wait until Black Friday, I was planning on buying a PS3 to replace mine because it's dying but I can make an offer with it for you instead. So..

Brand new PS3 Slim 160GB + LBP2SE (basically the holiday bundle minus R&C and the PS+)
A brand new unopened WD Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" HD to use in that PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes (this is the only thing I own on your want list...)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition (360)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360)
$50 Amazon credit (alternatives: $50 worth of yen with an Amazon JP GC, or I can just purchase stuff off your want list instead)

Since it's heavy and large, I'm not sure if you wish me to ship it to tlp first or just directly ship it to you. But then again, I'm not likely to win anyway.

[quote name='dv8mad']I won't be commenting on the packages until I choose the winner at the end. It wouldn't be very fair to the other people that had already made their one submission if I said package #314 was winning and then people just started offering that +$1.[/QUOTE]

How about top half or top ten? Something that makes it more anticipated?

fable 3 collector edition sealed
alan wake's collector edition sealed
brand new final fantasy tactics psp red label version
halo 2 CE brand new sealed
zelda oracles of ages game only + versus guide
final fantasy VIII (black label, brand new sealed) plastic partially torn at front
zone of enders 2 ps2 + guide fully complete + mint
super mario land advance 3 and guide both b-new sealed
final fantasy collection (FF4, tatics , chrono trigger) complete , mint
final fantasy 8 - complete mint
grand theft auto special edition ps3 brand new sealed
TMNT XBOX 360 sealed
final fantasy legend 3 -gbc game only
super mario advance - gba game only
demon souls (ps3) cd only game only
Metal gear Solid (GBC) game only
Revelations the Demon Slayer (GBC) game only
castlevania circle of the moon (GBA) game only
prince of persia the sands of time (GBA) game only
brand new chinatowrn wars strategy guide
pokemon cards - slowking holo, scyther, hypno holo, dark wheezing holo, alakazam holo, chansey holo , kog's beedrill holo, dark machamp holo , blossom holo, pichu holo , entei holo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']How about top half or top ten? Something that makes it more anticipated?[/QUOTE]

Not bad... I may do that later today.

[quote name='dv8mad']I won't be commenting on the packages until I choose the winner at the end. It wouldn't be very fair to the other people that had already made their one submission if I said package #314 was winning and then people just started offering that +$1.

As I said though, I will be accepting one offer no matter what and, right now, I am considering 3 or 4 of the offers that have been made so far.

I lied, I will comment on one package... Get that crap out of here Vulgarism! It didn't work last time, and it won't work this time! :booty:[/QUOTE]

Damn you you old asshole!

By popular demand, these are the current 5 packages I am considering:
(In the order they were posted)

Ash Button Post #15
Beatoff Icer Post #19
ZiT Vendetta Post #24
thebonepig Post #31
AkariP Post #38

Obviously offers are still being accepted by anyone who has yet to make one.

I won't be posting anything like this again until I choose one at the end. ;)

Damn, that AkariP has a good offer in there, I don't think I can beat it.

(Doh, I just realized that I actually still needed that HD to put into the Xillia PS3 if I was to get it... oh well, I'll have to buy a new one then if it comes to it)

[quote name='dv8mad']By popular demand, these are the current 5 packages I am considering:
(In the order they were posted)

Ash Button Post #15
Beatoff Icer Post #19
ZiT Vendetta Post #24
thebonepig Post #31
AkariP Post #38

Obviously offers are still being accepted by anyone who has yet to make one.

I won't be posting anything like this again until I choose one at the end. ;)[/QUOTE]Really? You won't even consider my offer?? ;)

Heh, I just put in an offer to be a part of this; good luck to those who are decent enough to offer nice things. :p

bread's done
Back