DEAD :11/9 Best Buy DOTD: Blood Stone 007 $10

Bought this when Gamestop had it for $10. I think it's worth it at this price, but plenty of shooters out there I guess.

for 10 bucks its worth a go. Question though, you said todays.. is BB doing deals on a daily basis? Ive been gone the past week or so and havent been really keeping up with the forum/deals

[quote name='Kenshindono']for 10 bucks its worth a go. Question though, you said todays.. is BB doing deals on a daily basis? Ive been gone the past week or so and havent been really keeping up with the forum/deals[/QUOTE]

You're right. Like Monday was Back To The Future for $10 instead of the $20 MSRP.

[quote name='illennium']Backlog +1. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LOL THIS!

I don't know at this point if I will ever get to all of my backlog...maybe I can just take them all off the shelves, put them on the ground and swim through them a la Scrooge McDuck...

[quote name='Kenshindono']for 10 bucks its worth a go. Question though, you said todays.. is BB doing deals on a daily basis? Ive been gone the past week or so and havent been really keeping up with the forum/deals[/QUOTE]

I think they have been doing daily deals for almost 2 weeks now.

[quote name='TheHelix']Bought this when Gamestop had it for $10. I think it's worth it at this price, but plenty of shooters out there I guess.[/QUOTE]

Same here, still haven't touched it though. Oh and read any other review site except IGN. Try metacritic for an overview

[quote name='TheHelix']Bought this when Gamestop had it for $10.[/QUOTE]

I thought about picking this up at Gamestop, but my local store only had gutted copies. I didn't care enough about this game to warrant paying $10 for a gut copy.

I remember that people went crazy and had a thread that was like 15 pages long just because this game went on sale at gamestop for this price lol. This is a fun game though

It's not a bad game, i had fun with it, easy to beat in a weekend. It's a lot more fun if you play it as a stealth focused game, and on hard difficulty.

surprisingly, it's got a lot of people still playing the multiplayer too. not sure why?

I actually think this game has better combat controls than Uncharted. Not as great of a story or setpeices or excitement but i went from Uncharted 3's laggy, awkward aiming and movement to this game and actually liked that specific element better in Blood Stone.

[quote name='jer7583']It's not a bad game, i had fun with it, easy to beat in a weekend. It's a lot more fun if you play it as a stealth focused game, and on hard difficulty.

surprisingly, it's got a lot of people still playing the multiplayer too. not sure why?

I actually think this game has better combat controls than Uncharted. Not as great of a story or setpeices or excitement but i went from Uncharted 3's laggy, awkward aiming and movement to this game and actually liked that specific element better in Blood Stone.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'm glad I scooped up a PS3 copy then. I don't pay for Live...it's just not the same anymore...

[quote name='Alien Spider']

I don't know at this point if I will ever get to all of my backlog...maybe I can just take them all off the shelves, put them on the ground and swim through them a la Scrooge McDuck...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to scoop up some discs in your mouth while you're swimming then spit them up while doing the backstroke. :lol:

[quote name='Ed_']Don't forget to scoop up some discs in your mouth while you're swimming then spit them up while doing the backstroke. :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol maybe I didn't think that analogy all the way through...:lol:

It's looking less and less likely that I will ever play the games in my backlog. Not only due to sheer number, but more so because of the quality of games coming out lately. I mean, how will I ever be able to play a 007 game again after playing games like Batman: AC and Skyrim. I would just feel like it's a waste of time.

p.s. oh yeah, in for one.

I got this at GS too on that deal. The SP is pretty decent, but really short. The MP is laggy and alright at best.

Overall for $10 it is a fun game. Max I would have gotten it for after the fact is $15. $10 is a good price.

Yet another game added. Thank goodness I'm not into skyrim or I would be really screwed. $10 price points are too much to pass. This and crysis 2 was great. Hopefully I can tear myself away from MW3 for a little bit to catch up. Uncharted 3 will be done tonight.

Nice, was waiting for this to drop further on clearance at Target but I will definitely pick it up now for this price.

Also +1 to the pile of shame. I wish I was in that Justin Timberlake movie where I could buy more time to play all these mediocre but cheap games. I would gladly take 4 hours off the the end of my life for this. Probably just spend it sleeping and pooping myself anyways.

[quote name='Dysheekie']It's looking less and less likely that I will ever play the games in my backlog. Not only due to sheer number, but more so because of the quality of games coming out lately. I mean, how will I ever be able to play a 007 game again after playing games like Batman: AC and Skyrim. I would just feel like it's a waste of time.

p.s. oh yeah, in for one.[/QUOTE]

I got to your point and checked through my backlog and checked their TiV. If the game wasn't absolutely one I wanted to keep (FO3 GOTY, OBLIV 5 year, DA:O UE) then any game that Traded in for more after bonuses I traded.

I figure if I haven't gotten to it yet I can always find it cheaper later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']I got to your point and checked through my backlog and checked their TiV. If the game wasn't absolutely one I wanted to keep (FO3 GOTY, OBLIV 5 year, DA:O UE) then any game that Traded in for more after bonuses I traded.

I figure if I haven't gotten to it yet I can always find it cheaper later.[/QUOTE]

I did that with final fantasy 13. I know I'm not going to play it anytime soon but if I don't have anything to play for what ever reason I know it will be dirt cheap when I re buy it

I used to be amused when I read comments on here about people and their backlogs. I never had one before, now sadly I am 4 deep thanks to these deals and haven't even ordered Skyrim or AC:R yet.

Had to bite on Blood Stone. I got it during GS' sale, played a bit of it, and enjoyed it, but never finished the campaign. I will try to finish the campaign this time so I can quickly reduce my backlog. Lol.

[quote name='CaseX']I used to be amused when I read comments on here about people and their backlogs. I never had one before, now sadly I am 4 deep thanks to these deals and haven't even ordered Skyrim or AC:R yet.

Had to bite on Blood Stone. I got it during GS' sale, played a bit of it, and enjoyed it, but never finished the campaign. I will try to finish the campaign this time so I can quickly reduce my backlog. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Once it starts, snowball it will.

You'll be up to 20+ backlog soon enough.

I stopped getting caught in "this is just so cheap right now I have to get it". But undortunately I still get caught in the "if I buy it now I can beat it overnight and trade it in tomorrow for a free rental or make money because the TiV is so high".

Only to forgot that i have games like B:AC, GoW3, MW3 and the like which blow my backlog out of the water.

This works in-store, as have all the other deals of the day, right? I was told this was online/in-store pick-up only by someone on another board, but that doesn't seem right at all.

[quote name='Kitoro']This works in-store, as have all the other deals of the day, right? I was told this was online/in-store pick-up only by someone on another board, but that doesn't seem right at all.[/QUOTE]

These deals seem to be hit or miss if they ring up this price in store. Sonic did last week, but RDR GOTY did not. Even if it doesn't ring up that price in store you can always PM to the website.

The only thing that matters if it rings up in store the correct price is if you want to use a coupon on it.

[quote name='shadowkast']Same here, still haven't touched it though. Oh and read any other review site except IGN. Try metacritic for an overview[/QUOTE]

I beat it over the weekend and then traded it to Amazon for $13.

[quote name='alien spider']lol this!

I don't know at this point if i will ever get to all of my backlog...maybe i can just take them all off the shelves, put them on the ground and swim through them a la scrooge mcduck...[/quote]

+1

I knew my backlog was bad when I ordered 1 copy for each system for myself. Then I asked myself if I really need 2 copies of the same game and if anyone really cares about my achievements/trophies. So I canceled my PS3 copy and kept the 360 copy. Thanks for the post!

[quote name='Lucky13']There aren't many things I can't stand more than IGN reviews when it comes to the gaming world. If you listen to anything IGN has to say you should kick yourself in the junk.

Thanks for posting this OP, got me one.[/QUOTE]

Please, go on, I haven't heard any dumb thoughts in a while, it would be refreshing to hear some today.

[quote name='Lucky13']There aren't many things I can't stand more than IGN reviews when it comes to the gaming world. If you listen to anything IGN has to say you should kick yourself in the junk.

Thanks for posting this OP, got me one.[/QUOTE]

getting one too. ign is trash. their reviews carries no weight with my buying decisions.

[quote name='Blabadon']Please, go on, I haven't heard any dumb thoughts in a while, it would be refreshing to hear some today.[/QUOTE]

Oh no after you, I insist. If you actually watch/read IGN reviews and let their bonehead thoughts on games effect your purchasing then I'm sure you're full of stupid.

[quote name='Lucky13']Oh no after you, I insist. If you actually watch/read IGN reviews and let their bonehead thoughts on games effect your purchasing then I'm sure you're full of stupid.[/QUOTE]

I do, care to back up why I'm stupid for trusting them as reputable and not boneheaded?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I knew my backlog was bad when I ordered 1 copy for each system for myself. Then I asked myself if I really need 2 copies of the same game and if anyone really cares about my achievements/trophies. So I canceled my PS3 copy and kept the 360 copy. Thanks for the post![/QUOTE]

I would never order two copies of one game, lol. Unless it was Grand Theft Auto. My sister recently bought the Complete Edition for PS3 so now we have two copies of Grand Theft Auto.

bread's done
Back