DeathSmiles "Limited Edition" (Deluxe) $17.90 NEW @ playasia.com

I have a big problem with using "shmup" to describe a shooter that's not vertical. They should be called a shmorizontal.

DS is a pretty good shump. If you like dodging dots and shooting at big dot shooting things I think you'll find a good time here.

It's currently $19.68 on Amazon with FSSS/Prime!
I just ordered a copy for myself and there are apparently only 10 copies left in stock.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have a big problem with using "shmup" to describe a shooter that's not vertical. They should be called a shmorizontal.[/QUOTE]

I have a big problem with using "shmup" to describe any shooter.

Anyway, DS is a great game - easily one of the best on the 360. And the sequel is even better.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have a big problem with using "shmup" to describe a shooter that's not vertical. They should be called a shmorizontal.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Never thought of it that way.

[quote name='SDC']Just to confirm: The faceplate is original 360 only and NOT the slim, right?[/QUOTE]

That's right. Microsoft has given up on trying to appeal to Generation Remix with the slim redesign.

Shmup is a shortening of shoot-em-up, as in 'shoot them up,' which refers to what players do to the enemies. It has nothing to do with screen orientation.

[quote name='eastx']Shmup is a shortening of shoot-em-up, as in 'shoot them up,' which refers to what players do to the enemies. It has nothing to do with screen orientation.[/QUOTE]

Survivalism's comment read a bit tongue-in-cheek. ;)

bread's done
Back