Bastion $7.50, Jamestown $5, The Ball $5, and more at Gamersgate (PCDD)

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Noticed a couple of decent deals on Indie games @ Gamersgate this morning.

Bastion for $7.50, the Ball for $5.00, Jamestown for $5.00, the Penny Arcade episodes for $1.98 a piece, and Zeno Clash for $5.98.

In case you've missed out on the various Indie Bundles, some of the individual titles from the bundles are on sale as well (IE, Machinarium for $3.98, Frozen Synapse for $8, etc).

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Enjoy![quote name='thorbahn3']Hey everyone, the game I helped create "Clastle" is part of the sale as well for just a buck.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shivan128']Are these games bought from gamersgate "steamable?" $5 for Jamestown sounds reasonable![/QUOTE]

Yep, they are steamable. I just burned one on a DVD and held it over a pot of boiling water, yep, the cd held condensation indicating the transfer of energy to said DVD. SUCCESS!

If you are asking if these are steam registerable games, well then, I think the correct answer is NO, except maybe for Zeno Clash. Here is the list of the retail keys that register on Steam.

List of games with a string of numbers and letters that when input correctly let you download said game through steam

"Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q"

I don't think too many indie games are Steamworks yet. Kinda Oxymoronic that.

[quote name='loomis1975']Yep, they are steamable. I just burned one on a DVD and held it over a pot of boiling water, yep, the cd held condensation indicating the transfer of energy to said DVD. SUCCESS!

If you are asking if these are steamworks games, well then, I think the correct answer is NO, except maybe for Zeno Clash. Here is the list of the retail keys that register on Steam.

List of games with a string of numbers and letters that when input correctly let you download said game through steam

"Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q"

I don't think to many indie games are Steamworks yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I may just have to wait for Steam to hold a sale then... btw, you should have "burned" your copy on the same stove you steamed it on. :cool:

[quote name='Finishoff']Purchased Jamestown from GoG and I was able activate the key via Steam.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, it seems that Jamestown IS a Steamworks game. BTW, the first bit of DLC is also on sale for Jamestown for $2.

good price on Bastion but I don't think it activates on Steam, I have a feeling Steam will match/beat this price during their holiday sale

[quote name='shivan128']Thanks, I may just have to wait for Steam to hold a sale then... btw, you should have "burned" your copy on the same stove you steamed it on. :cool:[/QUOTE]

The holiday sale will be a long and awesome one if the past is any indication and there are always a ton of indie games available either all the week or on certain days, and usually bundles to boot.

[quote name='AwRy108']Good to know that it's possible for Bastion to go on sale--looks like I'll be waiting for Steam to do the same.[/QUOTE]

Bastion was on sale on Steam for $7.50 starting Nov 01 as that week's mid-week madness sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loomis1975']The holiday sale will be a long and awesome one if the past is any indication and there are always a ton of indie games available either all the week or on certain days, and usually bundles to boot.[/QUOTE]
I'm in no rush, I'll wait to see if the holiday sale brings the DLC into the final price. :D

Yeah, seems as if Jamestown is the only one you can activate on Steam. I still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on anything just yet or (as damn near everyone else mentioned) wait for the Steam sale. I think MW3, Saints Row 3, and Skyrim can hold me a few weeks..hah...

Sorry 'bout the delay in responding. Woke up, found deal, posted, drank coffee went to work..haha

bread's done
Back