CAGcast #261: CheapyD Is Your Homie

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck eats Mrs. Shipwreck's Dream Meals, Wombat plays a lot of Skyrim, and CheapyD reveals his role in Saints Row: The Third.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]170[/podcast]
Download - 71 minutes, 43MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: Good Men - Give It Up (2011 edit)

Last summer, I won a charity auction, awarding me the opportunity to be in Saints Row: The Third. Below are the details revealed in this week's CAGcast.

CheapyD in Saints Row: The Third Info:
  • Using your in-game cellphone, you can call your Homie, CheapyD to come help you kick some ass. Here's how Homies worked in SR2.
  • The developers modeled my in-game character using recent photos
  • I recorded approximately 150 lines of dialog for the game.
  • The CheapyD Pack will be available as free DLC for all platforms, date TBD.
  • Video preview to be provided in the near future.

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killthemall4444']Holy crap your role in SR 3 is ridiculously extensive. Hope we don't have to wait too long for that stuff to be released.[/QUOTE]Oh, I wouldn't say it's extensive, but it should be fun. Yup, I hope it comes out soon too.
[quote name='nobodysleeps']did they let you say "big ass chains!!!!" ?[/QUOTE]
maaaaaybe

This is one of my favorite casts in quite a long time, within the first 5 minutes I was already in stitches.

Also, per last weeks feedback, Wombat you're great; never change.

Love you guys.

Seriously thinking of picking up an xbox360 how's the failure rate guys? walmart deal sounds good for black friday?

Wow, CheapyD
LC for Saints Row the Third
?

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't say that I "did the work" for the Skyrim thing. All I did was track down the first major post-release mention of Oblivion, and then I found the episode 80 topic where jonnyflash posted the clip. He cited that CheapyD promised not to talk about Oblivion "10 episodes ago" after reading agapen's complaint from the episode 68 topic on the air. Jonnyflash's stated reason for the clip's existence: to show how many times Oblivion was mentioned on the show after that promise. (Presumably, the CheapyD GuaranT™ was still in beta-testing at the time) Of course, I arbitrarily used 68 as the upper end of the range, as it was among the last of the "official" mentions, before the promise.

I've been waiting to get more info on Cheapy's role in Siants Row 3 and it's way bigger then I thought it would be, I can't wait to call you and beat you with my purple slong.... :) The fact that it's coming out as free dlc is great for exposure since people might have skipped over you if it was just included.

That opening was amazing btw.....

[quote name='LiK']Dream dinners? Hahahaha![/QUOTE]

Who else is hungry and aroused?:lol: Great show guys.

I am glad that Wombat no longer sounds like a prepubescent as he did in the oblivion clip, but maybe it just his old microphone.

No hate here though, i love the cagcast the only podcast i do listen to. Wombats Jokes are far superior to cheapy and ship combined.

[quote name='dark_archon']The picture is of a "custom character in Saints Row 2".[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't notice that when I saw the article. It seems kind of deceptive to post a picture from an older game for an article about the newer game.

[quote name='bemr']No hate here though, i love the cagcast the only podcast i do listen to. Wombats Jokes are far superior to cheapy and ship combined.[/QUOTE]

Superior asskissing skills, sire. I fully expect to hear this quote on next week's show feedback.

$1725 is what you gave to charity to get this dlc. That is awesome!

Congrats!

What was your max on the charity auction...to bad I didn't hear about it before it ended...

I agree with Shipwreck. This month is horrible for new releases! Too many good games and no more money to buy them with! My wife won't give up $60 for Skyrim. :( Plus Saints Row: The Third!

I agree with CheapyD completely about video game reviews spoiling shit. I never read reviews anymore because of this. It's better just to play the game and experience it for yourself than to read about every detail of the game, especially if you know you're going to get it regardless of what the review says.

I wasn't planning on getting SR: The Third, but after hearing about Cheapy being in the game as an actual character, I almost feel obligated to now, haha. I'd love to see a real expansion with him in the storyline somehow.

What a great show. Woke up this morning and my wife and I listened to the whole show. Thanx for all the laughs. We used to call in Shaundi as our homie, but we will def be calling in CheapyD from now on!

I had completely forgotten to try out that Rayman Origins demo, the graphics do look really interesting. I'll have to try that out.

Now I'm going to wait for Volition to announce The Ballad of Big Gay CheapyD add-on for Saints Row: The Third.

Huh, sounds like Wombat is playing exactly the same type of Skyrim character as I am: Imperial/single weapon/Destruction & Restoration magic. Wonder if Bethesda will eventually have gameplay stats to show if there's some majority in how we're all playing. Shipwreck definitely nailed the whole "making up your own background" thing - it helps to have some self made parameters to guide the character's action rather than doing things willy-nilly (in my case, "wronged Imperial seeking vengeance by joining the rebellion".)

So, who's going to be the first one to slap homie Cheapyd around with a big purple dildo?

While my sister played WoW around her kids she would always use the "They're sleeping, I'm helping them sleep." card all the time. I got a riot out of it, not sure if it's great for kids though. Then again I'm 19 what do I know about parenting XP

Good show fellas. I can't wait until SKYRIM takes over my life and forces me into marriage counseling. I'm completely kidding but needless to say, I can't wait to play the game. Besides, I was a master of one handed weaponry waaaaaaay before I ever started dating my wife ;-)

Cheapy, I have a question on COD:MW3. What do you think of the maps on the multiplayer format? Frankly, I think the maps really suck. It seems like the maps are all designed solely for close quarters battle unlike MW2 which had several open maps such as Wasteland, Derail, Afghan, etc. Also, MW3 maps have little to no change in elevation (you can go up to one story max in almost every map) unlike MW2 which had maps like Favela, Quarry, Estate, etc. where the elevation changes drastically. Basically, for a game that sold over $400M in the opening weekend, it sure seems like they cut some major corners on the multiplayer format.

Am I the only one who thinks these maps suck? I'm interested in your feedback, thanks.

Cheapy: I live in Champaign, where Volition has its headquarters and it has been crazy down here with all the billboards and stuff. I've dealt with these guys before when they fly out and they're always really nice. One of the guys flew out a while back and I printed up a bag tag for his luggage that said "American Airlines Loves Professor Genki." Can't wait to play the game a little later today.

Wombat, you coming off the cuff and saying, "PETA can suck a dick, move on to the next game," was the funniest line I've ever heard from the CAGCast. Well played sir, well played.

SO now you are a footnote in videogame history. You are immortal, a part of videogame lore. I'm impressed and jealous! I know this is a very cool thing for you.
Enjoy it!

Thanks for answering me in the show feedback section. :)

I guess I can understand that you guys aren't as high on it because you actually care more about the series(as weird as it sounds). I would have actually liked to hear the discussion had my whole comment been read, but whatever - I thought the reply was good enough. But yes, Ship did complain just a bit about AC:R coming out just a year later. ;)

Anyway, great show as usual. Also, although I am a thread late, you can add me to the Wombat fan club as well.

I was on the fence about getting saints row 3, but now I know cheapy has such a awesome roll I've gotta get it! :)

Have not listened to this week's podcast, but I did want to chime in on Wombat's behalf and let him know that I have enjoyed him, Cheapy and Shipwreck. Sure, sometimes the jokes are flat, and the humor is like the tide with ups and downs, but Wombat is like Norm from Cheers - he is always there through thick and thin. Cheers to you Wombat for adding some humor both good and bad to my podcast listening.

bread's done
Back