Happy 10th, Xbox!

:applause:Today (I believe) is the 10th anniversary of the original Xbox.:applause: Did you own one? What were your favorite games?

I'm going to be posting a blog entry celebrating this occasion. I'll post it here when it's ready!

EDIT: I forgot there was an actual Xbox forum. That shows how much I pay attention to last gen consoles. Could this be moved whenever?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daaaaannnng 10 years.

System frankly kinda sucked. But it had some good games. Ninja Gaiden Black, Genma Onimusha, Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Outrun 2, Otogi 2, and Jet Set Radio Future are the only games I'd particularly want to own now. If you had a gaming PC, the western games were worthless.

uhh... but yeah, I got the official Xbox magazine for a while. Which was kinda kewl. The first issue was the best, because it had that "guide" on how to pimp out your Xbox setup. I still go through that occasionally and see how my setup stacks up, even though it's fairly outdated at this point.

Didn't have one either,but it did have some awesome exclusives such as the extremely underrated Breakdown and the games Chacrana mentioned.The system also introduced me to Morrowind since I didn't a have gaming PC back then.Now if only the 360 didn't have shitty Backwards compatibility support.

I loved my Xbox. Multiplatform games were frequently best on it, the controller (the S controller at least) was good for everything short of 2d games, and it allowed me to spend countless hours killing other people in my platoon by hooking 4 of them together to play Halo.

Then a guy I knew modded my Xbox and suddenly it could do even more amazing stuff.

I can't believe it has been 10 years already. I still play XBox a lot, because the games are so cheap. When Gamestop had XBox games for sale online earlier this year with Buy 2 Get 1 Free I was able to get a lot of games for $0.66 each (original price $1.99 each).

My favorite XBox games are Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun 2, Burnout Revenge, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Project Gotham Racing 2, Tony Hawk's Underground and Ninja Gaiden Black

bread's done
Back