Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']OMG, the platinum hits version of Halo wars ... hehe, jk OP, good deal for those who can't wait for BF[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know! :D I was so excited by finding this price and the Ultimate Sith Edition at the first store I forgot to snap a pic of the shelf tag. I went to another store to verify, and they didn't even have the game out, but had the price tags up.

Yeah, I wasn't honestly considering getting this title right now, but the price made me just go ahead and grab it! You rarely see day 1 upfront discounts on games nowadays (this seems like it has to be some kind of error; I wish someone else would go check it out!), and the inclusion of Ass Creed 1 on the PS3 disc threw me over the edge.

EDIT: Looks like we have confirmation...y'all better RUN!

Easily one of the best YMMV posts I've read on this forum. Good work, OP - lots of detail, double checked another store and online, everything is labeled as YMMV, and even a few pics for proof. Exactly how I try to do it.

Game isn't for me; but I'm sure this will help a few people out. I'd assume it's an error; but it probably won't get cleared up for many hours.

Thanks a lot. I am pretty specific about how I like to make my posts, when I do get around to making my own. I was in such a rush once I left the first store because I wanted to get the secondary confirmation, but I also wanted to get home to try to be the first to post it!

I can confirm this is the case at my local store in Florida.

Just got back from my Walmart. 360 version had sticker price of 39.96, and rang up at that price sure enough. Didn't check on the PS3 version.

I wonder how long this will last before the price gets changed in the system to $59.96 and the Wal-mart stores get a memo to re-sticker their old $39.96 stickers.

Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

Pics:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]

Wow that is nuts. I looked at the copies at walmart tonight but the shelf tags weren't printed yet.

I have to ask, did you just buy a sealed collectors edition of Force Unleashed?! How in the hell did you find that now, I've been hunting it for a year at 30+ stores.

Just called my Wal-Mart to ask how much new AC is and the women said honey it's $39.96 and was like thank you....thanks OP for heads up and will be driving over there in a few to pick one up for 360:)

FFS! I just picked it up at a Gamestop across from Walmart thinking the extras were worth it. The fucking signature code don't even work at the moment and I wish I could have saved the $20... :cry:

[quote name='FactionG']FFS! I just picked it up at a Gamestop across from Walmart thinking the extras were worth it. The fucking signature code don't even work at the moment and I wish I could have saved the $20... :cry:[/QUOTE]

It does work, I registered it.

Also this deal is pretty damn good, and NOT ymmv. My local store has it for $40 as well. No matter what though I wouldn't give up the collectors edition and alternate cover to save a few pennies.

[quote name='Romeo']I have to ask, did you just buy a sealed collectors edition of Force Unleashed?! How in the hell did you find that now, I've been hunting it for a year at 30+ stores.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Talked to the guy stocking the games, he said it probably got found back in the stockroom and just put on the floor. Believe it or not, that's the 3rd copy I've found in Wally World's in the last year (roughly); the other 2 copies were both found together, along with 2 copies of Metroid Prime Triolgy!

In total, i've probably actually bought 4 or 5 copies of it, (can't remember exactly). It's one of those titles that's so exciting to find out in the wild nowadays, and so awesome to have a sealed copy sitting on your collector's shelf! But then almost every time I'll end up seeing they're particularly high online, or need some cash, and I have always ended up getting rid of it (have an opened Xbox copy that stays in my collection). I think I will probably keep this one finally, though, because the Star Wars freak in me needs to keep it. These things won't be popping up in stores much more, EVER.

[quote name='FactionG']FFS! I just picked it up at a Gamestop across from Walmart thinking the extras were worth it. The fucking signature code don't even work at the moment and I wish I could have saved the $20... :cry:[/QUOTE]

yeah my sig code worked for the ingame items but not on the wensite for the movie/soundtrack; and those were what i wanted most. had i known the movie/ost weren't on disc i wouldn't have bought it. that being said, i called gamestop after i got my code denied and luckily the manager was still there and said i could swap games tomorrow morning. think i might just keep it sealed and sell it to get the one from walmart. also, the ass creed 1 is a friggin 7.8 gb download from disc to drive. wtf

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah my sig code worked for the ingame items but not on the wensite for the movie/soundtrack; and those were what i wanted most. had i known the movie/ost weren't on disc i wouldn't have bought it. that being said, i called gamestop after i got my code denied and luckily the manager was still there and said i could swap games tomorrow morning. think i might just keep it sealed and sell it to get the one from walmart. also, the ass creed 1 is a friggin 7.8 gb download from disc to drive. wtf[/QUOTE]

My code worked fine on the Ubisoft site. Downloaded the soundtrack already and movie is in process (1.9 GB zip file download.)

Well Wally World has their own exclusive DLC, so you're getting something there, and not to mention if you are getting the PS3 version you get AC 1 as well, so the real question is do you feel like paying $20 for the signature DLC?

I would assume so but can anyone confirm that the GS PS3 Signature Edition also comes with the first game on the disc. I honestly don't give a hoot about the film or soundtrack I simply want the extra mission, but if the Signature doesn't have the original game for some reason or another I will certainly save the $20 and go the Wal-Mart route.

As far as I know, the lowest price on this is $35 on black friday, I haven't seen anything lower. If I can get it for $5 more today, I'll definitely do that. Will swing by on my way to work in a couple hours.

[quote name='Trace17']As far as I know, the lowest price on this is $35 on black friday, I haven't seen anything lower. If I can get it for $5 more today, I'll definitely do that. Will swing by on my way to work in a couple hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $35 at Best Buy is the cheapest I've seen for BF. I'd bet Amazon would price match, so that would be tax free for most, saving around $3 on top of the $5 difference between Wal-Mart's price. But you do get it early through this deal, and you get Wal-Mart's DLC. I'll probably stop after work if they haven't fixed it in their system by that time.

I hope they don't fix it in the next hour or so, since I get off work in an hour and will try to get it.

Paying an extra $5 is definitely worth not having to search it out on BF.

Picked up a copy for myself and a friend, I got a 360 copy that came up for $39.96, his PS3 version rang up full price. After a brief "argument", they overrode it because the price tag on the shelf for the PS3 version was still $39.96. So maybe they're fixing them in the system, which means they might be changing the tags sometime soon. But if your store's tags still say $39.96, you should be able to get it for that price.

The signature code did work...for the Gamestop employee that used yours.

Just struck out at Westminster , CA came up full price no sticker yet. Might be dead ... this was for ps3 I was so shocked still put it on my card :( now I have to go return this thing in the sad return line

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Just struck out at Westminster , CA came up full price no sticker yet. Might be dead ...[/QUOTE]

Was it the PS3 or 360 version you tried for?

Confirmed for me in Austin, TX at the store in South Austin off of 71. I hope to get BB to price adjust the one I had preordered for the $20 rewardzone credit. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='whoknows']Was it the PS3 or 360 version you tried for?[/QUOTE]

It was for ps3, I asked to have it price checked and but she wouldn't and said full price and walked it all the way to the front registers...

I almost decided to go to Walmart this morning after reading this, but looking at the time I was pretty sure I was going to get to work late if I did. From the sounds of things I am likely going to get shut out on the deal by the time I can leave work and get there around 3pm. I am very disappointed indeed.

Just picked one up for $39.99 at my Wal-Mart here in NH. The tag read $39.99 but rang up $59.99, got someone to adjust it though. However, none of the copies had the Wal-Mart Armor Code sticker on them.

bread's done
Back