Do you own any PS1 longbox games?

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If so, what game(s)?

The only longbox game I own at the moment is Destruction Derby. I used to own V-Tennis but traded it off. I've passed up quite a few longboxes because either the case is broken, the disc is too scratched up, or it's just a game I'm not interested in.

I think I sold Toshinden and Warhawk and rebought them in a smaller cases later. I do have big ones of:

WipEout
Resident Evil
Discworld
Lemmings 3D
Return Fire

I'm sure I have some more but I can't remember.

Lemmings 3D
Resident Evil
Criticom
Descent
Jumping Flash
Darkstalkers
Twisted Metal
Loaded
NFL Gameday

I might have a few more.

Raiden Project and Viewpoint. My Raiden case has a crack in the hinge though. No clue where to find a replacement for it.

Kings Field, Warhawk, and Resident Evil. I hope someday I will find Jumping Flash and Discworld in the long box for sale. I wish they were all the same. The RE and Kings Field boxes are nice but the Warhawk is the same fragile feeling case type as the Saturn games, crack, oops. I'm so glad we switched to bigger cases over the CD cases again for this gen; I love the bigger books.

The only one I have right now is NBA Live '96. But I used to have longbox versions of Kileak, Loaded & Twisted Metal that I sold off.

Only a mint condition sealed
PS-WipeOut(U)_box.jpg
sitting on my desk.

Jumping Flash
Tekken
Wipeout

I sold my Resident Evil and a couple of others a long time ago on ebay. Stupid decision...
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']I sold my Resident Evil and a couple of others a long time ago on ebay. Stupid decision...
-G[/QUOTE]
How much did the RE get you? I've heard it is kinda rare and am a little low on cash so I might try and sell it if it's a decent price.

[quote name='m1lesteg']I have a bunch of Saturn games that are longbox, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

I believe all U.S. Saturn games came in the long boxes, although Saturn games in Japan were in the CD jewel cases that PS1 games eventually switched to.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Only a mint condition sealed (Wipeout) sitting on my desk.[/QUOTE]
That is seriously awesome. Wipeout is amazing to this day.

I have:
Wipeout
Jumping Flash
Assault Rigs
Air Combat (is this the first in the Ace Combat series?)
NBA Live 96
NHL FaceOff
and Gex

I have actually begun collecting longbox games.

And, yes, all the Saturn games I own also came in longboxes, so I'm pretty sure supermariomelee is right. The only exception I can think of is Christmas Nights.
Edit: And other games that were released in cardboard sleeves like Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop 1 or 2, and Daytona USA.

Wipeout
Kileak: The DNA Immperitive
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
Street Fighter Alpha
Twisted Metal
Williams Arcade Classics
Tekken

I have:

Wing Commander III
Wipeout
Discworld
X-Com: UFO Defense

All are complete. The X-Com is actually worth some pretty good coin. I see other longbox games all the time, but they are always horrible games I have zero interest in.

Philosoma w/ the sponge and all. Interesting shooter too, not like Treasure levels or anything, but good to get for a few $.

[quote name='Zennousha']How much did the RE get you? I've heard it is kinda rare and am a little low on cash so I might try and sell it if it's a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine people who would pay the "big bucks" for it would want it mint and sealed. .. i found a couple.. they look like they hover around 30 dollars.

Warhawk, which happens to be one of my favorite games. Hmm now that I think about it I could have sworn it was getting a ps2 sequal.

Revolution X and Bust-A-Move 2. Was an idiot and passed on a Jumpin' Flash in EB a while back... oh well. Got some for Sega CD too.

I got 3:

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (Yeah Gaia)
Zero Divide (Mainly for the Tiny Phalnax game)
Philosima (Still an incredibly difficult shooter)

Resident Evil
Jumping Flash (1 and 2)
Brain Dead 13
Doom
PO'd
Psychic Detective (This game is just completely awful. I will never sell it; I keep it forever to remind me to READ about a game or solicit opinions from other gamers before buying it as a walk-in customer just browsing the store. Yes, I bought it brand-new; I think for $40 or $50 at the time. In my defense, I was just getting back into videogames after years of not playing; the last system I'd had was an atari 2600.)

BTW, the first game that I bought in a CD case was Tomb Raider. I walked into Funcoland one day (Think this was '95) and the game was running in an interactive kiosk in the store. My jaw nearly dropped when I saw it....."THAT will play on my system? You can move the camera all around, jump up, grab ledges, run around, in 3D??? GIVE ME ONE, NOW." I nearly refused to buy it when they pulled out the case, which was some small contraption, the same size as a CD case. What did they think I was, stupid? Smaller case = less value. Heh. The store employee patiently explained to me that this was what PS games were switching to, and that there would still be every bit as much gameplay in it. Still somewhat miffed at the smaller case, I bought it, and hooboy was I glad. Followups aside, the first Tomb Raider was.....revolutionary. I fell in love with the game immediately.

bread's done
Back