* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

#271 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3993 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

"Dragon’s Crown Gets New Patch, “Ultimate” Difficulty, Raises Cap to Level 255, Opens New Dungeon"

Atlus just released a new patch of the PS3/PS Vita side scrolling JRPG Dragon’s Crown, bringing quite a few interesting new elements to the game. Here are the full patch notes:

[Bug Fix]
Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.

[Added Features]
If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate”  level of difficulty at the temple.
When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

[Operational Improvements]
Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.
That’s definitely a big patch, and those that loved the game like me will now have two and a half as many levels worth of progression. We’ll have to see just how nightmarish the new level of difficulty will be.

It’s worth mentioning that for the moment the patch has been released only in Japan, but Atlus USA is normally quite quick at localizing them.

#272 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12895 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

That's awesome.  I need to finish playing this since it got cut short when FFXIV came out lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#273 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.

It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

this will cut down on plat time big time.

EightBitArtist.png

#274 Kazaganthi   Blue Rogue CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Dang, I only got to around floor 15 in the post-game random floor/boss dungeon. I can't imagine how difficult Ultimate will be.

#275 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3959 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

In case anyone missed it (though it is mentioned in Frisky's PSN sale threads), Dragon's Crown (digital version) is on sale for 17.49 (same price for Vita and PS3, but not cross-buy), through Monday 3/3/14. Since I really love the game and want to support the devs, I double-dipped and bought both versions (already had the retail ones). Really love having it on the Vita digitally, can play anytime without changing the cart!

#276 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Yea, I picked it up for the Vita despite owning (and not playing it yet) on the PS3. I think I will get more use out of it on there.

MattNY.png

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper OT

https://www.cheapass...cord-keeper-ot/

#277 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

i wonder how profitable this game was for the devs/publisher. hopefully enough to warrant a ps4 sequel

EightBitArtist.png

#278 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   8983 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Soooo, anybody still interested in playing this online? Just grabbed it during the sale, and need some folks to play with!

samuraifez.png

#279 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3993 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Dragons-_Crown-_PS4-_Ver-_Leak_09-14-17.

-

Another remaster, but I can not wait to play this one again.  :whee:

#280 Strength&defiance   Dreamer, philosopher, poet - or an idiot as my partner calls me CAG Veteran   83 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Strength&defiance

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

I'd love to pick up Dragon's Crown, but Masamune on Vita is still a smoldering check on my gaming pile of shame list that I haven't played yet. 

#281 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12895 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Huh, this one got dropped by me because another game came out too close to it and I never got a chance to go back. Definitely need to play this one again, this time to max level.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#282 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

unless they add new characters, bosses and stages, its kinda pointless for me to play through this again. good for people who skipped out on the ps3 version though.

EightBitArtist.png