* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

#61 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

Updated OP with preorder bonus ("Dragon's Crown Artworks" 64pg art book for both Vita and PS3 versions), retailers who are offering preorders, preorder links, new videos, preview from IGN, etc.

This game is shaping up to be very nice; I'm watching for Newegg preorder bonus codes to get one or both of these preordered.

#62 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Just a heads up: Free DLC for early adopters until a month after launch. Now this is what I consider day one DLC done right. It not only rewards purchasers at launch but also makes the company money after the initial release, or aftermarket sales. It's just additional voice acting to fit your preference (horse armor anyone?) but it's still a nice gesture considering how dick-ish companies like Capcom can be for far less.

Only about two months away now; can't wait to try this game out!

#63 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Just a heads up: Free DLC for early adopters until a month after launch. Now this is what I consider day one DLC done right. It not only rewards purchasers at launch but also makes the company money after the initial release, or aftermarket sales. It's just additional voice acting to fit your preference (horse armor anyone?) but it's still a nice gesture considering how dick-ish companies like Capcom can be for far less.

Only about two months away now; can't wait to try this game out!

They had me at the art book, otherwise I was going to wait for a price drop, even though I think this game is pretty awesome.

#64 thrifty1   Delicious Deal Stacker CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Preordered the PS3 version because my Vita is at maximum capacity with more games waiting to be loaded onto it once I beat the ones currently loaded...

Yeah the artbook will be sweet. I was just waiting on amazon to update the preorder bonus listing. Been hyped for this game since they started doing the character reveals.

Totally playing as the dwarf first and throwing boulders at stuff.

#65 Teh Nitwit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Teh Nitwit

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I beat and loved both Odin's Sphere and GrimGrimoire, but I will be passing on this game. Mainly because I strongly dislike the artwork. Just sharing my irrelevant opinion.

#66 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Any japanese speaker here? Need to translate at 1:09

#67 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Quick update:  Amazon and Target currently have Dragon's Crown preorders slightly discounted (OP has been updated with new prices and has links to the games on most websites):

PS3 - 45.39

Vita - 37.19

Target still doesn't list the artbook as a preorder bonus though, only Amazon and GS explicitly list that.

#68 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

just to update you guys regarding the preorder bonus artbook for dragons crown. As bestbuy confirmed they will also be offering it as preorder bonus

http://forums.bestbu...buy/td-p/685465

#69 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

just to update you guys regarding the preorder bonus artbook for dragons crown. As bestbuy confirmed they will also be offering it as preorder bonus

http://forums.bestbu...buy/td-p/685465

Unfortunately they still don't list the artbook as a preorder bonus for either Vita or PS3 version on the BB product pages, which would make me not want to preorder this game from BB.  I already preordered both versions from Amazon since they offer a slight discount and they explicitly list the artbook as a preorder bonus for each version.

#70 Eh? What?   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I preordered this game a year ago from Newegg because they offered a $10 off coupon code.  Today I got this e-mail:

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com

Unfortunately, we have been unable to fill the Pre-Order listed below, and it has now been cancelled by our system.  Here are the details for your reference:

Pre Order Summary:

Pre Sales Order Number:
Pre Sales Order Date:
6/30/2012

Item List:

We're sorry we've been unable to complete your order at this time, and hope you will give us another chance to serve your shopping needs in the near future.

If you have any questions, please visit our Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

I'm guessing they cancelled it because the order had been open for a year, but that seems silly since they always have pre-orders for games that are over a year away from release.  I'd had second thoughts about buying the game, though, so I don't think I'm going to contact them about it.  Still, that's just weird.

#71 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

I preordered this game a year ago from Newegg because they offered a $10 off coupon code.  Today I got this e-mail:

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com

Unfortunately, we have been unable to fill the Pre-Order listed below, and it has now been cancelled by our system.  Here are the details for your reference:

Pre Order Summary:

Pre Sales Order Number:
Pre Sales Order Date:
6/30/2012

Item List:

We're sorry we've been unable to complete your order at this time, and hope you will give us another chance to serve your shopping needs in the near future.

If you have any questions, please visit our Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

I'm guessing they cancelled it because the order had been open for a year, but that seems silly since they always have pre-orders for games that are over a year away from release.  I'd had second thoughts about buying the game, though, so I don't think I'm going to contact them about it.  Still, that's just weird.

Amazon put Dragon's Crown up way too early as well (when Ignition was going to publish it, which later changed to Atlus), and I preordered both the Vita and PS3 versions (@ $29.99 for each version, very low prices).  They cancelled both preorders when that publisher backed out (or fell through), then they put up new product pages later when Atlus took over the publishing (at the new higher prices of $40 Vita and $50 PS3).  I think your Newegg order met the same fate as my early Amazon orders. 

Honestly, you're better off ordering this from either Amazon or GS (and possibly BB if they ever update their product pages) to make sure you get the artbook. Newegg still doesn't list that as a preorder bonus, so you can't count on them providing it, and it's probably worth getting when you pick up the game.  Amazon has both versions slightly discounted so that helps a little too.

#72 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

^ At least I saw reports of Amazon honoring their previous prices so you can still see if you can get it for $30 a pop. Newegg, unfortunately, your SOL.

#73 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Got my today also...  Looks to be a 1 year preorder limit.  I'm talking to customer service right now.  Will update soon.

Edit: Got blamed for the cancellation and told I could reorder it.  Linked to your above post to prove otherwise and then was told they would honor the 10 dollar off coupon if I reordered.  (The funds would be given back 3-5 days later.  A note was left on my account and all I would have to do is contact them again or email Emma directly.)

Its newegg so I feel I should trust them but this really rubbed me the wrong way... 

#74 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

Any japanese speaker here? Need to translate at 1:09http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OWA7p949cd4

Don't know Japanese at all, but I am guessing there will be cross platform multiplayer.

#75 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Got my today also...  Looks to be a 1 year preorder limit.  I'm talking to customer service right now.  Will update soon.

Edit: Got blamed for the cancellation and told I could reorder it.  Linked to your above post to prove otherwise and then was told they would honor the 10 dollar off coupon if I reordered.  (The funds would be given back 3-5 days later.  A note was left on my account and all I would have to do is contact them again or email Emma directly.)

Its newegg so I feel I should trust them but this really rubbed me the wrong way... 

newegg has been sketchy regarding preorders, sometimes they oversold on it, and cancel preorders. I would advise against preordering from newegg, if you really want your game. Unless, you do not care.

#76 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Don't know Japanese at all, but I am guessing there will be cross platform multiplayer.

http://blog.us.plays...-on-august-6th/

no cross platform

#77 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-on-august-6th/

no cross platform

Touché. At least it's good news about taking your progress with you on a mobile device.

#78 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

are you guys actually getting the game on release date?

#79 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

are you guys actually getting the game on release date?

Absolutely, I have it preordered from Amazon, both versions (Vita and PS3). Love this style of game and really want to support it, and I want the artbooks too which is what pushed me over the edge to preorder from Amazon (GS offers the artbooks too, BB supposedly is going to but not confirmed on their product pages yet).

On a related note, a new series of Dragon's Crown preview videos from IGN started today. There will be one new video every day this week about different aspects of the game. The article title on IGN is: "IGN's Dragon's Crown Week is Coming Soon". Here's the article link:

http://www.ign.com/a...-is-coming-soon

The first video (Monday July 8) is about character classes. Next videos coming up will be:

Tuesday July 9 - The Loot and Equipment System, Fully Explained
Wednesday July 10 - The Finer Points of Combat
Thursday July 11 - Exploring the World of Hydeland
Friday July 12 - Meet the Enemies (and Bosses!)

#80 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

have it preordered for PS3 we definitely need to get a group together for it.

#81 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

ill be getting it day 1 as well. wanna support atlus.

#82 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Touché. At least it's good news about taking your progress with you on a mobile device.

I pre-ordered the game from Amazon. I was planning on getting it at or near launch anyway, but the artbook pre-order bonus sealed the deal for me. I love Vanillaware's art, an artbook for their latest title is right up my alley.

I also picked up Muramasa: Rebirth for the Vita, and got some time to play it over the 4th of July weekend. The game looks absolutely gorgeous on the Vita. It also controls really well. I have a copy of it for the Wii, but the Wiimote was never the right way to play that game. It really gets a chance to shine on the Vita with higher-definition graphics that really show off the colorful art.

#83 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hmmm... I want to pre-order both, but $90 is a big sum of money just for convenience. Wish I got in when amazon had it cheaper.

#84 midlifecrisisMkII  

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Haven't seen anyone post this yet, so here are some sample pages from the art book.  It's only the cover and five pages to preview with one being the content page in Japanese, but It still looks like a worthwhile bonus.

#85 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6043 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

newegg has been sketchy regarding preorders, sometimes they oversold on it, and cancel preorders. I would advise against preordering from newegg, if you really want your game. Unless, you do not care.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll go with Best Buy or Amazon...  I got 25 off at Best Buy but with Amazon I should get the art book with no fuss.

#86 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6469 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Any japanese speaker here? Need to translate at 1:09
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OWA7p949cd4

I believe it says you can play with up to 4 people and then it mentions cross save. 

#87 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

2 new vids here: http://www.ps3trophi...h-of-Chaos.html

one shows the battle arena which is a VS mode. other shows a stage.

the sorceress looks really over powered.

#88 WhipSmartBanky   Bring on the free hooch! CAGiversary!   15326 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

WhipSmartBanky

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Went ahead and locked in my preorder at Amazon.

#89 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

trophies leaked

http://www.ps3trophi...crown/trophies/

i estimate the plat is probably going to be 150 hours

#90 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Only 1 trophy requires a level to achieve and only 1 character needs to do it. So in essence, unless the campaign is super long, probably only 50 hours.