is my iPod Touch bricked?

sendme

CAGiversary!
I got home from work last night and plugged in my iPod Touch. After doing so iTunes came up and I was asked to update it so I did. Then I was asked to update my iPod Touch so I did that as well. The issue is that the iPod Touch update crashed. Now on my iPod Touch all I have is the Apple logo and what looks to be a status bar under it. Also iTunes does not even see my iPod Touch as being plugged in.

Try this:

Plug into the computer, and hard reboot, (hold down home and power buttons until iPod reboots).

Restore from a backup.

If the computer still won't detect the iPod, try Reinstalling iTunes, and retry the above steps.

Hope this helps.

what you need to do is put your ipod into recovery mode, I don't remember the steps but you should be able to google it and find out how to do that. Then you can restore it to factory settings and it should work.

[quote name='preston181']Try this:

Plug into the computer, and hard reboot, (hold down home and power buttons until iPod reboots).

Restore from a backup.

If the computer still won't detect the iPod, try Reinstalling iTunes, and retry the above steps.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Don't restore from a backup, you're just going to put the bad software that caused this right back on. Set up as new and restore to factory.

I don't agree with that. He should restore from backup. For one thing the update crashed, so it would not have been backed up with the update, and the update itself probably wasn't the problem, it was probably some underlying condition, that a restore from backup should clear. Do a restore from backup, then try the update again.

You can also try and let the battery run out and then recharge it. I had to do that the few times mine's conked out with a bright white screen.

bread's done
Back