Fortune Street/Boom Street - December 5th in North America, January for Europe

[quote name='SuperPhillip']New trailer:
http://youtu.be/Yer5_Pyx6-A[/QUOTE]

Really stoked for this game!!!! As a gamer and a business admin. minor!!! I'm unemployed, so I can't afford it right now. :(
Hopefully Santa (Dad) will come through for me with this game!

Is it online? I hope it is, that would really suck if it weren't, because all my friends are so busy, can't get in the same room with me, or they don't give a shit about games like this. :(

[quote name='Josh5890']SUperPhillip has been banned? Nice![/QUOTE]

I wonder what he did in order to piss off the higher ups...

[quote name='Josh5890']SUperPhillip has been banned? Nice![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rozz']I wonder what he did in order to piss off the higher ups...[/QUOTE]

You guys HAVE been reading his "comments" in some of the other threads, most notably the 5 year old Wii thread he created recently, that was getting a little "hot" in there recently. (as in he was literally asking to be banned for his behavior)

Every site has a TOS, you either follow it or say Bye-bye, simple enough. ;)

Edit: And why said thread no longer exists....hmm, coincidence?

[quote name='2DMention']Anybody playing this:? Pretty fun, but I've never gotten first place because the computer cheats.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I sold the game. I've gotten first place but the computer does the most cheating I've ever seen in a game.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And that's why I sold the game. I've gotten first place but the computer does the most cheating I've ever seen in a game.[/QUOTE]

The best I've ever been able to get is 3rd place. That's how all party games are, I was prepared for it. This is best played with local people anyway.

Problem is the only person I can play with is my husband. Then what happens is the 2 CPU players cheat. Or if I go online, I'm lucky if I can get into a game with 1 other real person. Then the 2 CPU players cheat. fuck that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Problem is the only person I can play with is my husband. Then what happens is the 2 CPU players cheat. Or if I go online, I'm lucky if I can get into a game with 1 other real person. Then the 2 CPU players cheat. fuck that.[/QUOTE]

That's why you've gotta gang up on the computer lol

I remember Sonic Shuffle for the Dreamcast was the exact same way, only worse lol.

I like the charm this game exudes with the Dragon Quest characters, so I can look past the cheating computer - besides, you still get stamps whether you win or lose.

If I'm lucky, I might get my Dad and maybe a few friends to play this.

This game is right up our alleys, DoK as accounting majors and RPG players. I'm not giving up on this game - I love it too much, even though the computer cheats.

[vent]Played online with I think it was a girl who games -it doesn't matter- and she was behind for awhile, then pulled ahead, but the computer still took first and I was in dead last. I was crushed. I made bad decisions and didn't take enough risks - but the computer always seems to roll the right dice rolls ALL THE FRIGGIN' time! It's so darn frustrating!! Grrrrrrr! [/vent]

Mario themed games in general seem to have the worst rubberbanding in video games to the point you can almost always count on a come from behind victory from the computer.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Mario themed games in general seem to have the worst rubberbanding in video games to the point you can almost always count on a come from behind victory from the computer.[/QUOTE]

LoL too true too true.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Mario themed games in general seem to have the worst rubberbanding in video games to the point you can almost always count on a come from behind victory from the computer.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I do not like Mario games and most Nintendo games, outside of Pokemon. But they kind of ruined B&W because they are doing it in that game too because when you fight wild Pokemon in the grass they always seem to take you down in 1 or 2 hits, it doesn't matter what level you are unless you are 30+ levels above the wild pokemon. So you have to heal after 1-2 fights because your pokemon is worn out. It was never like that in the previous games. Its like they have tried to artificially extend the gameplay by making you run back and forth more often. I know I am not the only one with this problem either.

These games just cause too much frustration, I can play plenty of other games that do not do this. Especially since Nintendo games cost $50, paying that type of money for frustration is just not worth it IMO. I'll pick up Fortune Street when it hits the bargain bins for $10, and it will.

[quote name='SaraAB']This is exactly why I do not like Mario games and most Nintendo games, outside of Pokemon. But they kind of ruined B&W because they are doing it in that game too because when you fight wild Pokemon in the grass they always seem to take you down in 1 or 2 hits, it doesn't matter what level you are unless you are 30+ levels above the wild pokemon. So you have to heal after 1-2 fights because your pokemon is worn out. It was never like that in the previous games. Its like they have tried to artificially extend the gameplay by making you run back and forth more often. I know I am not the only one with this problem either.

These games just cause too much frustration, I can play plenty of other games that do not do this. Especially since Nintendo games cost $50, paying that type of money for frustration is just not worth it IMO. I'll pick up Fortune Street when it hits the bargain bins for $10, and it will.[/QUOTE]

But by that time it won't be online! I dunno, Sara.. most Nintendo games don't drop in price for quite some time, but this probably won't sell...

Some Nintendo games drop in price, it just depends, this game will not sell in the USA, and honestly its not a title I am terribly interested in buying so if I have a choice of $50 or no buy, I will take the no buy option. But it might depend on how many retailers stocked this title and how eager they are to get rid of it fast.

If you can play with Japanese players I suspect it will remain online for quite some time, but that is a problem with all online games and is not exclusive to the Wii, they just lose their player base after a while unless its something insanely popular like Call of Duty.

If I wanted to invest $50 in a game I would be investing it in Xenoblade which would give me a much more robust experience than this game.

[quote name='SaraAB']Some Nintendo games drop in price, it just depends, this game will not sell in the USA, and honestly its not a title I am terribly interested in buying so if I have a choice of $50 or no buy, I will take the no buy option. But it might depend on how many retailers stocked this title and how eager they are to get rid of it fast.

If you can play with Japanese players I suspect it will remain online for quite some time, but that is a problem with all online games and is not exclusive to the Wii, they just lose their player base after a while unless its something insanely popular like Call of Duty.

If I wanted to invest $50 in a game I would be investing it in Xenoblade which would give me a much more robust experience than this game.[/QUOTE]

Yea, hopefully this game will have a good online community for awhile. There seems to be a lot of people online, which surprises me.

Xenoblade will be a great game that I'm looking forward to.

Anybody still playing this? I'm trying to unlock all the boards, and I'm pretty close, even though it's taken my close to a year..

I'm still surprised you can find people to play online almost whenever you look...

[quote name='2DMention']Anybody still playing this? I'm trying to unlock all the boards, and I'm pretty close, even though it's taken my close to a year..

I'm still surprised you can find people to play online almost whenever you look...[/QUOTE]

Actually, just picked it up cheap, and I assume that's why you can find players online.

Ill be playing this. once I learn the rules and the basics haha ill post my wii friend code once I figure it out, haha looking forward to playing this with you cags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed this last week. The local multi is great but Jesus H Christ does the computer cheat on Tour mode. I'm going to use the Out to Lunch feature to unlock what I want and then only play local.

I'm still pretty (not really) pissed at my buddy...we were playing Easy Mode on the most basic board with a 6000GP victory limit. He was in last and my wife was about to win...until that bastard got FOUR goddamn 777s in the slot machine for 6000GP. On his next turn he drew a card that eliminated rent on all properties for a turn an let him roll again, right into the Bank. Total bullshit.

Man this games ai system is so cheating haha its unfair how lucky their rolls are and how you always get the short end of the die. I had one round where I rolled 5 times and each time was a 1 or 2. This game can make you very angry!

[quote name='200STM']Man this games ai system is so cheating haha its unfair how lucky their rolls are and how you always get the short end of the die. I had one round where I rolled 5 times and each time was a 1 or 2. This game can make you very angry![/QUOTE]

If you want to unlock everything for local multi and don't mind leaving your system on, get at least third place on Standard Castle Troidan to unlock the "Zealot" play style. Combine that with the "High-strung" personality and your AI intelligence will change to "Dominating", allowing you to use the Out to Lunch feature to place first on every board without having to sit through the cheating bullshit yourself. It's pretty sad that the AI cheats so totally that you have to use it against itself but it is what it is. I'm currently halfway through the "game" using this technique so I can use all of the unlocks to play my buddies.

I've been playing for a year and almost have all the boards unlocked. I still have to play through easy mode to unlock more stuff.

I'll post my friend code up later.

Finally unlocked everything in standard mode. It was down to me and the dragonlord getting the right dice roll. Now to play on easy mode... Took me 1.5 years to unlock all that stuff...

bread's done
Back