Return to Amazon by refusing package

icedrake523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I was thinking over whether I wanted to keep my Skyward Sword pre-order on Amazon for $47.50 (was in my Gold Box) or cancel it and get the deal at TRU. Unfortunately, it was too late to cancel it this morning.

In the email saying my order couldn't be cancel, it said I could refuse the package.

Has anyone ever done a return to Amazon this way? The UPS guy usually just leaves things on my door and leaves, I won't be home until Tuesday anyway. I think you can refuse a package while it's in transit by going to its tracking. Any help would be appreciated.

I had to return a package that was wrongfully sent to me in Sept. They told me to just refuse it but like you the UPS guy just leaves my packages on the step. So after calling and talking to 3-4 different CS reps finally one of them was able to refuse it for me and they just re-routed the package back to Amazon w/o actually attempting a delivery. It's a pain but might be worth it for you.

This is how Amazon suggests to deal with a return if you can't cancel the order in time.

The instructions posted above on the ehow.com link are mostly correct, though once the package has been delivered, it's a giant PITA to have the package sent back as refused.

One recommendation is to print out something that has the tracking number on it and work up some text that spells out that you wish to refuse the package and then sign the paper with the text and tracking number on it. That should cover the attempt by the driver to deliver it without signature if you're not present to refuse the package.

Unfortunately not only will I not be home until Tuesday, but I won't even be in the same state. It's going to my parent's house and I'd like to try to resolve this myself first.

I can go to the tracking for it on UPS site but when I click "Change Delivery Options," It says:

Track with your UPS InfoNotice® Number (found above the barcode) and choose from up to four delivery change options:

• Return to Sender
  • Deliver to a New Address
  • Reschedule Delivery -
  • Hold for Customer Pickup
Not sure what that number would be.

[quote name='icedrake523']Unfortunately not only will I not be home until Tuesday, but I won't even be in the same state. It's going to my parent's house and I'd like to try to resolve this myself first.

I can go to the tracking for it on UPS site but when I click "Change Delivery Options," It says:

Not sure what that number would be.[/QUOTE]

An "info notice" is the little piece of paper they stick on your door saying they attempted delivery.

Your best bet would be call the 1-800-pick-ups number with the tracking number and having them intercept it before a delivery attempt.

Thanks, hopefully they're open tomorrow since the package is supposed to arrive Monday. Figures the one time I'll get a Sunday release the very next day I have to refuse the delivery.

When a similar issue happened to me, I contacted the CS through Chat and they were able to give me a mailing sticker. First they said I could refuse the item, but i told them i might not be home so they issued the sticker for convenience.

In my experience UPS won't do anything about your package until it's had at least 1 delivery attempt. I tried to call them once to arrange a hold for pickup before the initial delivery but they said they can't do anything until it's had one attempt.

The guy just leaves it on my porch, so I can't really wait for 1 attempt.

I tried calling their hotline, just a machine that only lets your track a package or something else. Their chat isn't available on the weekend, so I'll have to get up a bit earlier and deal with it then.

Can't you just leave a written note taped to your door saying to refuse the pkg. (include the tracking#)? Is the solution seriously not that easy?

I wouldn't be home until Tuesday so I couldn't do it myself.

I called their CS and it's just a machine. There isn't even an option to have an online chat with someone. I'm guessing they aren't having anyone work this week due to the holiday. So it seems I'll have to get my parents to leave a note on the door refusing it.

Package got left on my porch even though there was a note on the door. Now I guess I just take it to a UPS store and try to have it sent back as refused.

bread's done
Back