9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (999) - $15.99 at Amazon

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
999 This is a don't think just buy it price. Amazing game.

edit: If you need to go over $25, Ghost Trick is good too and only $14.21. And someone else posted a deal for Solatorobo for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']hah I can't believe this was once hard to find.

great great game. buy it.[/QUOTE]

That because the game got a reprint

I've heard so many good things about it. Bought.

One question. Is the story, which is supposed to be amazing, scary, tense, sad, dark, or what?

Don't spoil anything plz.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']I've heard so many good things about it. Bought.

One question. Is the story, which is supposed to be amazing, scary, tense, sad, dark, or what?

Don't spoil anything plz.[/QUOTE]

all of the above.

there's 9 endings.

Can't recommend this game enough.
If you into visual novels or point and click games, it's a must have.
And I thought there were 5 or 6 endings?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redmangoose']Can't recommend this game enough.
If you into visual novels or point and click games, it's a must have.
And I thought there were 5 or 6 endings?[/QUOTE]

I count 5. But there's more than that many branches on the tree.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Darn it I don't have prime :([/QUOTE]

Buy an extra for a friend to qualify for FSSS. They'll love you forever, guaranteed.

Like everyone else said, this game is amazing. The characters and story will really suck you in. I really can't emphasize how awesome this game is in words. Just... If you have a DS and you don't pick this up for $16, you're not a CAG. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Buy an extra for a friend to qualify for FSSS. They'll love you forever, guaranteed.

Like everyone else said, this game is amazing. The characters and story will really suck you in. I really can't emphasize how awesome this game is in words. Just... If you have a DS and you don't pick this up for $16, you're not a CAG. :p[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea ! Too bad the rest of my gaming friends dont like games like this

tumblr_ltqgkm6I461qh7sxf.gif

Is this the lowest price it's been? Trying to hold off until Friday to buy anything but if this is super ultra mega dirt cheap then I should probably bite. My Black Friday budget is awfully small this year due to an unfortunate pay cut a few months ago. : /

Agreed with everyone here. This game is fantastic. I still have 3 more endings to go through, and the great thing is that the story in the game is layered so that every playthrough is not wasted - you learn valuable details about the characters and plot that help with the comprehension of the overall story. The puzzles themselves are quite clever and while they start off fairly easily, the ones toward the end of the game are quite difficult.

I could see it going for a bit less, but I'd rather make sure I can get this game in my collection now, so I bought it. Frigging loved this game.

Definitely a quality game in the "choose your own adventure book puzzler" genre that is well done and well represented on the DS (Phoenix Wright, Prof Layton, Hotel Dusk, etc).

Also, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is at $10 as a "filler"- haven't played it, but that's a pretty cheap price for a VP game.

I think the order in which you do the endings will substantially influence your enjoyment of the game, tho. I think it's meant to be "read" in order from least to most revealing. I'd recommend them in this order (there's minimum spoilers but they do give room numbers and ending name):
Knife and Axe (do these first but they're pretty interchangeable- I'd just try to hit all the rooms)
Maybe go 5/7/1 and 4/8/6 to ensure you only go through every room twice except for one of 4/5
Sub (5/3/2)
Safe (5/8/6)
True (4/7/1)

SI

If you can read, buy this game. There's a LOT of reading. It's less of a game than an interactive novel. But it's a damn good one.

[quote name='sterlingice']I think the order in which you do the endings will substantially influence your enjoyment of the game, tho. I think it's meant to be "read" in order from least to most revealing. I'd recommend them in this order (there's minimum spoilers but they do give room numbers and ending name):
Knife and Axe (do these first but they're pretty interchangeable- I'd just try to hit all the rooms)
Maybe go 5/7/1 and 4/8/6 to ensure you only go through every room twice except for one of 4/5
Sub (5/3/2)
Safe (5/8/6)
True (4/7/1)

SI[/QUOTE]

Nobody needs to worry about that, because the only way to get the True ending is to get the Safe ending first. The reveal as to WHY you need to do that... is extremely cool.

Just gotta chime in and say if you're on the fence, do it. It's the best DS game I've played all year. Not many games that you get to the end, and start a second play through immediately.

I do love that games make it easier to skip through when there are multiple endings. I'm playing Devil Summoner now and being able to press L+R to skip quickly through text and use level 60 demons to stomp around when everything else in the game is level 15 is a godsend (perhaps a bad choice of words).

SI

While this is a great price and should be bought by anybody interested in owning it...

...I'm still holding out for buying 999 for $9.99, because anything else just wouldn't feel right.

Open offer: if anyone wants to trade 999 with me when they're done with it, I've got Ghost Trick that I don't want anymore. Still won't be as satisfying as buying it for $9.99 though...

lol I'm stuck at the first room (5). I looked at the walkthrough and I don't get how they come up with those briefcase codes. I decipher the codes as 7463 or 2918. I don't get how they can get 7485 for red and 0263 for blue. Can someone explain it to me?

bread's done
Back