Best price for PS2 New

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I am now in the market for a PS2. I have been contemplating getting one for a while, but now it's a must have.

I have a XB and Cube already.

I have around $130 credit at wherehouse, I will probably get it there, just wanted to ask if there's a better place to get it.

Also, I posted a request for the top 5-10 games for PS2 that aren't RPGs on the PS2 forum, but there doesn't seem to be much traffic there.

The newer games I want to play are God of War and I have always liked the Tekken series, so 5 looks good. I'm not really into the RPG's. I like fighting, racing, Shooters :), platformers and some sports.

If you guys could give me some input as to the top 5 or even 10 games you would want that would be great.

As I said, I don't like the RPG's, I just don't have the patience for them.

I'll tell you some of my favorites... Tekken 5 is definately my favorite fighting game... god I can't get enough of it. ICO is my favorite platformer... but another good one is Prince of Persia. (Some like the Ratchet and Clank series.. but it bored me). Katamari Damacy is quirky but extremely fun too. Rez is awesome if you're into trippy games.. but it's expensive. Another good fighting game is Virtua Fighter 4: Evo, however it'll require you putting more time into learning it than Tekken. GTA: San Andreas is great if you enjoyed the previous GTA installments on the PS2. I don't really like racing games but apparently Gran Turismo 4 is supposed to be pretty good. Klonoa 2 is a decent platformer, but I liked the first one on PSX more. I have a lot of PS2 games, but I've only played like half of them heh.. oh well I'm stocked up for the next year or so.

1. Metal gear solid (all)
2. devil may cry (all)
3. gran turismo (all)

Strictly talking ps2 there are only about 3 series that really catch my attention, there are plenty of other games i enjoy but which are multi system so i won't mention them since you only want to know the ps2 one's !

Uh, not all MGS and no, not all DMCs.

Do not buy Metal Gear Solid 2 and do not buy Devil May Cry 2.

If you don't want RPGs... try to find SOCOM II cheap, also, check out God of War, Devil May Cry 1, uh.

I personally think the Grand Theft Auto games are HORRIBLE, so I will not recommend them.

Check out any of the Ratchet and Clank games.

Final Fantasy X!!!!
wait no RPGS... get God of War and Devil May Cry.... I also liked Killzone but i'm in the minority I suppose. Red Faction is awesome if you don't mind the graphics. Also, get Kinetica for racing. I hate racing games but it is one of my favorite games.

[quote name='mr_pollock']Do not buy Metal Gear Solid 2 [/QUOTE]

Um, why not? That game is freakin awesome.

I'd recommend MGS 2 and 3, at least 1 GTA game, and Timesplitters Future Perfect, or even TS2 if your on a budget.

bread's done
Back