DS: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen $11.99 @ Amazon.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Thinking of buying a 3DS and stocking up on some old DS games...I loved DQ8 on PS2, how's this one?[/QUOTE]

Better. Then again, DQ8 wasn't really good.

At $12, you can't go wrong for DQ4.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Better. Then again, DQ8 wasn't really good.

At $12, you can't go wrong for DQ4.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, what? DQVIII is one of, if not the best, JRPG around.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm sorry, what? DQVIII is one of, if not the best, JRPG around.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious.

I could rattle fifty off the top of my head that were better.

Edit: lol opinions

I'm thinking whether I should get this or wait and see if deals for IX pop up.

I had this game a while back but didn't get to finish it and sold it when my DS died.

Looks like the deal is still on.

Also, I think 4 is my favorite. I never got around to finishing 5... I just don't like catching, raising, and switching out monsters.

[quote name='mkelehan']Looks like the deal is still on.

Also, I think 4 is my favorite. I never got around to finishing 5... I just don't like catching, raising, and switching out monsters.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved 4 on the DS. It was a fun game all the way through and I really loved the localization.

I tried to beat 5 as well... but man, I didn't like raising and switching out monsters in that one, either. This is coming from a guy who spent about 120+ hours playing and finally beating Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and loving every moment. To each their own, certainly, so maybe I'll try again someday.

BTW, the Bradygames guide for 4 is quite good. If you ever find a used copy at a Half Price Books I say go for it.

[quote name='Luxuria']Is this game any good? I'm in need of new DS games. Which Dragon Quest for the DS is better?[/QUOTE]

4 > 5 > 9. I have not yet played 6.

For $12, you can't go wrong here.

bread's done
Back