Need advice with finding deals on computer parts for black friday/cyber monday

thewarprodigy

CAGiversary!
I am looking to build a computer for my brother and have never shopped for computer components during this seasonal sale. I was wondering what are the best places to check out. I have searched around online and haven't found any deals for computer parts (cpu/gpu/hdd/ssd/ram/etc).

I have yet to see Fry's/Microcenter/Tiger direct BF ads get posted at various BF-ad sites.

The monitors are about the only thing I have found since BB/WM/Target/etc. have some deals on their stock.

Thanks in advance for any help fellow CAGs. Happy Thankgiving and BF shopping to you all.

For hardrives usually office stores are a good bet, keyboards and mice are a toss up as really any store would have them so look around. For monitors, try office stores as well. Newegg is great for the internals, motherboard ram ect. Really new egg would be great for monitors as well, and amazon wouldnt be bad for keyboards and mice. So in conclusion Online try Newegg, and amazon. In store Office stores and general places.

@Dragonsbane and @madcatz1999:

I will look into both suggestions and try to map out the best savings for the current build. I appreciate your time on helping me with my dilemma. Thank-you very much for the help.

I was about to make this thread myself. I'm looking for deals on CPUs, motherboards, a DVD-RW drive, and so on.

In particular, any deal on a Sandy Bridge, a corresponding motherboard, a sound card, and any DVD-RW drive under $20.

Currently there is a shortage of HDDs due to a devastating flood in Thailand, where most of them are manufactured. Prices have started to go up already so I'd advise buying them sooner rather than later, and possibly buying more than one if you can find a good deal. Best Buy, Costco, Office Depot, Staples and Walmart all have some on sale for Black Friday, but Newegg has none so I can only assume they've already started to run out. Good luck.

For any other components I would definitely recommend Newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back