Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty $29.99 from Battle.net (ends 11/28/11)

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']It says digital so I assume free :roll:[/QUOTE]

That was what I was going to say but it seems you can also buy the retail version from battle.net if you wanted to.

I don't know if this answers your question but shipping to San Jose is $6.11 for Ground and $9.73 for Next Day Standard.

Personally, I would just get the digital version or if you really wanted the retail version, you can try your luck at your local Target (which seems to be having a sale on it as well.)

[quote name='Cybolt']That was what I was going to say but it seems you can also buy the retail version from battle.net if you wanted to.

I don't know if this answers your question but shipping to San Jose is $6.11 for Ground and $9.73 for Next Day Standard.

Personally, I would just get the digital version or if you really wanted the retail version, you can try your luck at your local Target (which seems to be having a sale on it as well.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, last day for it but its 29.99 at Target atm

[quote name='MysterD']How does Battle.Net do game-downloads?
Do they do like other services and give you installers [to keep]?[/QUOTE]

I registered my CD keys for Diablo 2 and expansion and Warcraft 3 and expansion and it allows me to download the game directly from the website. It is Steam for Blizzard games.

Looks that way

fucking fantastic. Been waiting for a deal on this since I had a bad experience at Target the other night. Off to buy now, thanks OP!

Dunno how it works for SCII per se, but for the classic games -- Yeah, they are installers/data you can keep/move/etc. and install just like you had the CD (you need the CD key to authenticate the install, then its all gravy).

I assume SCII would work similarly.

It's like a 12GB download for the installer which you can then keep and copy. The same downloaded installer works on both PC and Mac if you are so inclined.

Note to people who have strong opinions on DRM: Starcraft 2 requires a battle.net account to play, and you need to be logged in even for the singleplayer campaign.

[quote name='enforcer2003']Note to people who have strong opinions on DRM: Starcraft 2 requires a battle.net account to play, and you need to be logged in even for the singleplayer campaign.[/QUOTE]

This. Thanks for putting that out. A lot of people QQ about this stuff. Diablo III will be the same way.

It's 29.99 at a lot of places. I think Amazon will have it later today, and I think I saw it available at Target at the same price. You get a physical copy to boot. Better then downloading 7 GB over the internet.

[quote name='lutz']It's 29.99 at a lot of places. I think Amazon will have it later today, and I think I saw it available at Target at the same price. You get a physical copy to boot. Better then downloading 7 GB over the internet.[/QUOTE]

Personally I now prefer digital download. I don't care about the physical copy as it just clutters up my room. Saves physical resources as well since there is no need to produce the disc or packaging.

Downloading 7 GB did take a while though but I don't mind. Digital download is the way of the future.

But yea, if you want a physical copy, a lot of retailers have also brought the price down to $29.99 such as Target B&M, Newegg and Amazon.

[quote name='enforcer2003']Note to people who have strong opinions on DRM: Starcraft 2 requires a battle.net account to play, and you need to be logged in even for the singleplayer campaign.[/QUOTE]

It does have an offline mode that lets you play single player without being online, but you will not get any achievements if you don't play online.

I still need to play through the original Starcraft and Brood Wars campaign, always played multiplayer back in the day and ignored the rest...

Hasnt this game been out for like 2 years already? $30 seems like it should be the MSRP by now instead of a sale price.

[quote name='Fabrizo']I still need to play through the original Starcraft and Brood Wars campaign, always played multiplayer back in the day and ignored the rest...

Hasnt this game been out for like 2 years already? $30 seems like it should be the MSRP by now instead of a sale price.[/QUOTE]

It's been out a little over a year and Blizzard's games aren't known for fast drops

bread's done
Back