Halo anniversary + 1 year XBL for signing up for verizon fios

[quote name='ShockandAww']In my area I have a choice between comcast, comcast, or I could go with comcast if I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked into Comcast?

[quote name='ShockandAww']In my area I have a choice between comcast, comcast, or I could go with comcast if I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I heard comcast sucks.. you should go with comcast instead.

LOL in all seriousness, I'm limited to the same choices :cry:.

[quote name='sunghost']Dude, I heard comcast sucks.. you should go with comcast instead.

LOL in all seriousness, I'm limited to the same choices :cry:.[/QUOTE]

In my area it's either Comcast or really slow Verizon DSL. Verizon acted like they were installing it and then it never happened. Surrounding towns have it, we don't.

Directv also offers internet service... unless you live in a bitchy apartment where Directv is not welcomed.

I almost went to Fios a year ago but their receiver fees and all other crazy fees were too much for me to handle.

We have DLS in my area, but the slower speeds and contract requirement have kept me away. I tried Clearwire (less) interenet, but everything on World of Warcraft became a 3 frame per second slideshow. I cancelled within 2 hours and signed back up for Comcast. Only "real" option for internet where I live.

ive had fios and quite frankly it sucks, not the connection speed but the outages in my area as well as what they have to install in your house to hook it up. if this works for you, great deal...but wont be getting fios anytime soon. i figure with cable modem the money you save easily out weighs the cost of the game and XBL.

[quote name='100xp']ive had fios and quite frankly it sucks, not the connection speed but the outages in my area as well as what they have to install in your house to hook it up. if this works for you, great deal...but wont be getting fios anytime soon. i figure with cable modem the money you save easily out weighs the cost of the game and XBL.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience, I've personally had an excellent experience. Nothing, but great customer service and almost zero downtime, even during the hurricane, I had no issues once I fired up the generator.

[quote name='voteccow']I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience, I've personally had an excellent experience. Nothing, but great customer service and almost zero downtime, even during the hurricane, I had no issues once I fired up the generator.[/QUOTE]

when the connection was up it was great, but for some reason we had an outage every month and we'd have to call them everyday at like 3pm and go through the customer service script to reset it on their end...then it worked like a dream. (then i'd have to repeat the process of calling them back again)

fios now might be much better, our problems were when fios was first starting out...so you can see why i'm rather hesitant to go back. I have DSL ironically and it's been good so far...

I personally love Fios. When I was looking to buy a house and I saw that Fios is available in the community (new construction) I was so excited

When compared to Comcast and the 250 GB cap (people will start hitting that thanks to the Cloud services becoming more and more present) this is a no brainer: Faster internet speed, A+ customer service, a shit ton of HD content

Whoever signs up for this beware.

I worked for VzFIOS phone tech support for 1.5 years.

First the good. FIOS servers/gateways are top notch compared to everyone else.

They run fiber optics all the way to your house. This truly gives you the clearest, cleanest signal you can get. This also means that through their trunks (where multiple neighborhoods connect) it won't come close to the cap. Most people don't realize once the lines hit 80% capacity it starts to get signal loss/distortion and while you will have 5 seconds of your allotted bandwidth you may then get 3 seconds of distortion which greatly decreases your bandwidth. Fiber Optics greatly reduces this problem as the cap for Fiber is much higher.

They also found a way to offer all this at competitive price.

The bad is the CS. If anything goes wrong as a CS agent there are 2 huge issues.

1) we are timed. We have 13 minutes to fix your problem, this includes 2 minutes of openings and closings. So basically 11 minutes to fix the problem. Of course easier problems average out 30 minute calls, CS agents will hurry through or misinform customers to get them off the phone.

2) they will run you around all. While they will give you easy steps on how to fix it yourself (ie unplug wait 30 secs plug back in, how to reset your ONT which is the box on the outside of your house, how to check to see if your break blew to the ONT etc) but this means you will be running all over the house. You HAVE to do this before a tech is sent to your house unless you are physically unable. This ties the CS agents hands and we cannot send one out until they check these steps off.

3) about 4/5 CS agents know nothing but what the prompt says in front of them. About 75% of the calls this is fine. But if you have a real problem you will sit through a bumbling agent that has to look up 50 tech helps that they should have already looked through and known.

Tldr; awesome service but bad CS.

I would jump all over this also if available.

I only have comcast and dsl.

Im thinking the att uverse will eventually come around but taking a while

Dang, not available in my area. I'd jump in a second if it were. I use Cox...who at least has the integrity to use the appropriate name for their business.

[quote name='VaultDweller']90 a month just for internet speed? i pay 80 a month for cable tv, internet AND phone lol[/QUOTE]

its 90 for all 3

[quote name='VaultDweller']90 a month just for internet speed? i pay 80 a month for cable tv, internet AND phone lol[/QUOTE]

Its all 3 and its fiber direct to your house

Its 35meg up and down.

Im going to assume your download is about half that and upload is probably 1/8 that

Dammit, I've been hounding VZ for FIOS in my area for two years and we still have nothing in the murder capital of Cali. This would have been a perfect deal for me since I hate Comcast.

bread's done
Back